Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Unable to cancel an order from Amazon.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Unable to cancel an order from Amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-00, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I have been unable to cancel items that I've ordered at Amazon.com that HAVE NOT entered the shipping process yet. Some of these have been paid by gift certificate, some not. You should be able to cancel ANY order as long as it hasn't shipped yet, right? The problem is that the check mark that should appear on the cancel items page doesn't appear, so I can't check any of the items. Does anyone know whats up with this?
Old 11-19-00, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Happened to me this week also for no good reason. E-mail them to cover yourself in case they decide to ship them in the meantime - you never know you might score some freebies if they do ship out!
Old 11-19-00, 09:36 PM

DO NOT E-MAIL THEM, CALL THEM

Rumor has it that amazon.com is doing this deliberately so people won't cancel their order(s) or they can say it's too late.

If you call they should fix it however, and their response to why it is occurring (a computer glitch)

Also heard from a reliable source that amazon is stiffing some people on the free shipping by breaking up or not sending a portion of the order which would then drop it below the minimum to qualify for the discount. They too should fix this if you call, but how many people are being charged without them knowing it?

Amazon strikes again!

------------------
DVD DEVIL

Born to be Badd!!!

[This message has been edited by RMDVD (edited November 19, 2000).]
Old 11-20-00, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this happen to me on Friday for preorders that were going to be released January. I went to cancel but the box was missing next to each title. I had to call customer service and have them do it for me. My order was paid with GCs also, but I have cancelled many orders before without any problems. I tried this on another order to see if this would happen but the boxes were there. I didn't want to cancel the order but only to see if it had the same problem. I think they are having problems with the site.
Old 11-21-00, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

bump..

Anyone else having these problems? It seems like all my orders, the boxes are missing. I e-mailed them about it, but no response yet - I'll see what I get tomorrow.
Old 11-22-00, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cancelled an order today with no problems. The other day I did have this problem on one order. Did you call customer service about the problem? Might be quicker than waiting for them to answer e-mail.
Old 11-25-00, 03:11 AM
Banned

I've been at Amazon trying to cancel my copy of Gettysburg on DVD!!I actually re-ordered this DVD with the Soundtracks(no problem). I then go back to the orginal this DVD was originally one and tried to cancel it!!I got the part where you click on unshipped items and got no sqaures to cancel!!There are some other DVD one this orginal order(like the new DVD of "Seven" and some other DVD's!!.The order total is around $300 !!
I then tried to cancel another order of "Rocky and Bulwinkle"Unverisal's big summer flop and the same thing happened!!
Has anyone else hear had this problem at Amazon today besides me? I also sent Amazon a email with the order # and told them of the problems I had !!So far they have not emailed me back!!
Old 11-25-00, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Aaron Amos - if you are worried that it might ship before they read the e-mail, change the payment method to check - that way they won't ship it until they receive a check from you (which won't happen).