Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com System Failure--check your order!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

800.com System Failure--check your order!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-00, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, with all the good deals out there, this past weekend I placed ALL my Christmas orders through 800.com and had them billed to me and sent to various family members. I received the email confirmations, verifying each order was placed correctly.

You can imagine my surprise when I started receiving shipping confirmations this morning, showing that ALL the orders were being SHIPPED TO AND BILLED TO my sister!!!

I called them up and the rep said they had some kind of system failure, yada yada yada, and fixed all the ones that hadn't shipped yet. BUT a couple will have to be shipped back and placed again. Can you believe that?

Anyway, just an APB that you might want to check your recently placed orders and verify what's happened with them.

P.S. Just to show how messed up it is, it's showing an order I placed a year ago is now being billed to my sister! Yipes!

------------------
JuryDuty

''Don't blame me, I voted for Jack.''
Old 11-21-00, 01:25 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I apologize for the problems with this. Any shipping problems should now be fixed.

Concerning the order status of old orders, we do have an anomaly in our system such that when you change your billing address, the billing address in the history table of your old orders changes too. So, if you moved, and then look back at the orders you received before you moved, they will show your new billing address. This affects JUST the order status that you see on that web page. It does NOT affect the billing address we used when we verified your credit card.

We will be fixing this in the future so that your order status for old orders accurately reflects the billing address you used.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 11-21-00, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SteveA,

You actually have another anomaly too. I indicated a different shipping and billing address through MS passport which showed on the confirmation page, but it showed only the shipping address AS BOTH the shipping and billing address on the site.

Thank goodness someone called to verify the shipping address. Supposedly they fixed it and the shipment is on the way. I usually use my work address for shipments. I hope it was done correctly, because the CS person did not call back as promised. It's my wife's birthday present.

She's been wanting a replacement CD system for the bedroom, but when she heard the sony davs300 locally, she decided she's like the DVD capability too...