Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Fully shipped @Amazon?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Fully shipped @Amazon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-00, 08:04 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my account with amazon, some orders are listed as fully shipped, others are listed as completed. What is the difference? The fully shipped orders are listed with the other orders that have not shipped. I really think they charge your credit card significantly before they actually put the pkg in the mail.

I also recieved a reply to my email concerning my perfect storm. This todate still has not shipped.
Here is their reply:
"We are very sorry about the delay in the processing of your order.
While looking into a problem that only recently came to our attention,
we learned that we made a significant error. Your order will now be
processed and shipped as soon as possible.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we'd like to
offer our customers is efficiency, and we have not met that standard
in this case. Please accept my sincere apologies."

I wish they would say what the problem was and better yet, I wish they would ship the movie.

Maybe nobody else thinks amazon is a mess, but for me they are totally unorginized and the only thing that keeps them from being a "worst site" is they do have customer service that is really helpful. I rather them fix their problems.

For those of you that love amazon, this is really good news for you because I am never shopping there again, even for free. If I get any more amazon coupons I will post them and you guys can have them. Even for free it is not worth all the calls to straigten things out. I know the Amazon lovers will say " hey you are getting it for free, just wait and it will come"

Well, when they charge my credit card, I have to get involved. Secondly, if I earned a gift certificate from freeride or test driving a car, amazon.com gets paid.

Sorry for the rant. Its back to B and M for me.
Old 11-19-00, 09:36 AM

May be they really made a mistake. It could happen. I am not saying it is really tolerable to you, and you shouldn't have to put up with it... but my Perfect Storm did ship without a hitch. I am just saying, may be there was a one-off mistake.

And no, it's not that I don't care because I get my DVDs for free. Sadly, I have to pay for most of my DVDs and I choose Amazon because as you said, their customer service is good; and because secondly, they are actually quite efficient. Again, they suck a little because they stick to the deal of shipping on Tuesday, unlike most stores, but it won't turn me against an otherwise reliable store.

(and oh, I find that there is a transitional period between when the orders go from 'open' into 'closed', especially when items are not shipped at once. In the intermediate time it stays in the open column but says fully shipped)

I am in no way loyal or a fan: just point out the mere fact that perhaps they are not as bad as you suggest they are.
Old 11-19-00, 05:14 PM
Banned

cshuman, feel free to send Amazon GC's my way!!I've never had trouble with Amazon and can use the GC's since I am going to school(junior college ) and exapnd my DVD collection!!If you ever get any more GC's email them to me!!I also do not work with me going to school , so I'll be put them to good use!!
Old 11-20-00, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, I used up a LOT of amazon gc's on my dvd collection, but with the crappy service they've given me on my last order, I don't think I can shop there again. All the better since gc's are basically drying up.