Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone able to login to Webcertificate today?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone able to login to Webcertificate today?

Old 08-15-00, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep getting this crappy error:

We are currently unable to process this request. Please try again. If you continue to experience difficulty please visit our Customer Service area and reference error code WC564.

Anyone know if this is my side or wecert.com's side?
Old 08-15-00, 09:50 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving to Online Store Forum.

------------------
David, Moderator of the Other Forum
I laughed, I cried, my life was changed: The Other Forum
My DVDs and HT Email: [email protected]
Old 11-17-00, 12:48 AM
Cool New Member

I got this problem today. Anyone has the same problem???
Old 11-17-00, 01:22 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. Argh. I just bought a $400.00 digital camera and I would REALLY like to see my webcertificate merchant charges, etc.. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. *Fingers Crossed*.
Old 11-18-00, 03:27 AM

Since I had this problem again today, I called webcertificate and they got it all sorted out. I have no idea what it was, but just call them if you are still having trouble and they'll fix it. Maybe its a glitch or something, the person over the phone didn't say anything about what it was, just that it is now fixed.
Old 11-19-00, 12:34 AM

Guys, WC564 is their "fraud" code. When you get that it means that you are suspected of something awful like having more than one account per household (or even worse, two free accounts using the same mailing address, so none for husband and wife separately). They won't expand on it by email, you must talk to their security people (read fraud management) and they will lock all accounts until you do. They have forgotten that they actively encouraged multiple accounts (up to 4 per household) in November December January last year. The clown I talked to began to back off when I offered to roll out the terms and agreements from last year. I saved those agreements because they have a history of changing their minds, and because they are more than a little paranoid (their upper management is kinda weird). You'll see more of that kind of WC564 nonsense right now, since they are on a roll at the moment. To those who haven't joined, keep copies of all agreements when you do. Their customer contact people don't know that they have changed the rules over and over again. And they are not technically very savvy; I tried to explain to the guy that many people had multiple accounts because their account software was unreliable (I have lost some used stuff I wanted because there system was down for many hours, or my WC was declined when it had plenty of money, and worked a couple of hours later). He informed me with great annoyance that they had no software, so proceed accordingly in your estimates of their collective smarts.
Old 11-19-00, 02:44 AM

Greeny, that's what they consider fraud. Their current policy is apparently one account per household. They locked my two accounts and my wife's two accounts (we had sent one another webcerts as gifts and of course set up separate accounts since there was no way at that time to add a gift to an existing webcert (there is now)). Took me almost 10 days to reach somebody by phone (they tend to keep bankers hours) and they will not respond to emails in response to their "fraud" codes. Some strange things going on there in addition to the usual lack of reliability of their credit card software. Best thing is don't use your account after midnight EST, since they are updating for several hours (got that from Customere Service). Can take hours for your added funds to be available for charging.