Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What should I do in the case of a stolen package?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What should I do in the case of a stolen package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-00, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had been waiting patiently for over a week for my order from jrcigars.com to arrive, and since such a long time period had transpired without any sign of a package, I decided to e-mail them about this. To my dismay, they informed me that the package had arrived 5 days ago at 7:41 A.M. by USPS. I wasn't awake until 9:00 A.M. on that day to the best of my recollection, and the only thing that would explain what had occurred is that someone stole the package right off my front porch. I spent approximately $26 on that order, and I am MIFFED that the US Postal Service would just leave the package so precariously on my front door in the morning, when there are large groups of students walking by my residence on route to a high school that is just half a block away. What I would like to know is, what is the policy for such an incident? Is the company supposed to ship me a replacement, or is just tough luck for me? Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 11-14-00, 09:43 PM

I need some advice on how to proceed with this. Please help....

[This message has been edited by Turin Turambar (edited November 14, 2000).]
Old 11-14-00, 10:00 PM
X
Administrator

Received 169 Likes on 132 Posts
Why don't you call your local postmaster at USPS and ask how to file a lost/stolen mail report. Then talk to jrcigars.com and ask what their policy is on lost mail. Is there a small amount of insurance built into their shipping? But really push on the USPS if you think they did something stupid. 7:41 is pretty early -- how can I get service like that?

Just be prepared for nothing to be left at your door in the future. That may or may not be ok with you.
Old 11-15-00, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call the store who you ordered from and let them know you never received this package!!! They will need to file a claim with the post office and either credit your order or replace it with a new order!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 11-15-00, 12:06 PM

It's that simple, huh? I was a bit afraid that they would say that I have no right to make such a claim, since there is no substantial proof. After all, people could file false theft claims like this just to receive double of what they ordered. Okay, thanks guys.
Old 11-15-00, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Turin Turambar:
It's that simple, huh? I was a bit afraid that they would say that I have no right to make such a claim, since there is no substantial proof. After all, people could file false theft claims like this just to receive double of what they ordered. Okay, thanks guys. <HR>

Obviously, if this is a common occurrence with a specific customer, they will become somewhat suspicious!!! I have never had problems with a store taking care of problems such as this....

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 11-15-00, 01:25 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
call your credit card company, and get them to take care of it..if you say "I did not get it" and stick with it, they will give you your money back..
Old 11-15-00, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why don't you get your packages delivered to your work instead of your home address? The place I work at is open 24/7 (including holidays), and I and many other full-timers have packages delivered at work all the time.

------------------
Decision 2000 - How will it end?

Mark Holtz - Visit my corner of Science Fiction at Deep Space Franchise.
Old 11-15-00, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by MarkHoltz:
Why don't you get your packages delivered to your work instead of your home address? The place I work at is open 24/7 (including holidays), and I and many other full-timers have packages delivered at work all the time.
<HR>

Or if you live at a private residence... try brivo.com. I'm getting mine today. It is free for a year. We'll see how it works out.