Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how many PS2s EB World will get in, each week?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone know how many PS2s EB World will get in, each week?

Old 10-29-00, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Well?
Old 10-29-00, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to know myself!!!

I just spoke with them on Friday and they still cannot let me know for sure when I will receive my system....between launch date and Dec 1st!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-29-00, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They still have pre-orders to fill so you may be in for a long wait. Although they will not give out specific numbers to just anyone they them selves probably don't know how many they will get over the next few months. However EB stores and their online site will most likely get more the most other retailers.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 10-29-00, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, those preorders they still have to fill? I'm one of em. haha. I was trying to get a general idea of how many people are infront of me. I sent them an email, but they didn't respond, yet. Not that I expect them to. They proably have about 50,000,000 of em, right now. But, hey...

But if Sony knows they will be producing 100,000 a week, then EB should have a rough estimate of how many to expect, each week. (in a perfect world, atleast)
Old 10-30-00, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by shaun3000:
Yeah, those preorders they still have to fill? I'm one of em. haha. I was trying to get a general idea of how many people are infront of me. I sent them an email, but they didn't respond, yet. Not that I expect them to. They proably have about 50,000,000 of em, right now. But, hey...

But if Sony knows they will be producing 100,000 a week, then EB should have a rough estimate of how many to expect, each week. (in a perfect world, atleast)
<HR>

The guy I talked to could not even give me a clue so I do not think they are able to tell you where you are on the list....Hopefully, sometime in November as promised!!!

------------------

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-30-00, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told by a guy at EB that they have to fill all the preorders and I would probably be able to pick one up from them sometime after Christmas.
Old 10-30-00, 03:33 PM

I went to Best Buy, as well as about 5 stores in my local mall including KayBee Toys, Sears, and EB, and each of them said they wouldn't have any available until next year at the earliest. I live in Tampa, Florida, so its kind of a high population area, I would expect us to get more.

Andrew
Old 10-30-00, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FedEx dropped off a box from EB World, today, and it had my controller, SSX, and a remote control. Alotta good those do me without the system! Oh well
Old 10-30-00, 05:16 PM

I phoned three Best Buys and all three gave me a stock answer: no PS2's until January. Huh? Isn't Sony shipping a bunch each week?
Old 10-30-00, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, every store has a ton of pre-orders they have to fill before they can begin selling them to the general public.
Old 10-30-00, 08:14 PM

Not every store. Most retailers do not take preorders, including Best Buy. Sony isn't going to fill all the preorders at EB, Babbages, etc. and then give the remainder to Best Buy, Sears, Target, etc.

[This message has been edited by DJMAN (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old 10-30-00, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good point. I forgot about that.

I wonder why the Best Buy guy said there would be none until January??
Old 10-31-00, 12:15 AM

Not one Best Buy guy, but three different guys (actually, two guys and one gal). Maybe BB HQ instructed them to give this stock answer to efficiently handle the hundreds of calls? But, are they lying? According to Sony, around 800,000 more systems will be delivered by the end of the year. And these BB's won't get ANY 'til after X-mas?!

[This message has been edited by DJMAN (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old 10-31-00, 12:47 AM
Banned

something to try -

a customer came into my bar tonight and was telling me that he went to the Software Etc. in our local mall and they had a couple of canceled orders, so they had a PS2 on hand, and he picked it up. He said it wasn't on the shelf and he just gave it a shot in the dark and asked if there was any way to get one and the guy brought it out of the back room.

I can't imagine that this is an isolated incident, and it never hurts to ask.

Old 10-31-00, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

EB is high profile(hence a lot of preorders) - I would try your local videogame shops and traditional B&M stores. Last I checked(thursday) - 2 local shops in my area had extra PS2's on hand - even one Circuit City had 10+ PS2 bundles(w/Fantavision). And talking with the managers(two small shops)they would get incremental shipment of PS2 every week - both didn't know how many units would be allocated to them.

------------------
Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.

My Addiction
Old 10-31-00, 01:51 PM

You may want to pick up the phone and give EB World a ring...I pre-ordered before the July cut-off but didn't receive mine on release date

I called this morning to upgrade the shipping to next day so that maybe, just maybe, I'd get my PS2 before 2001 -- and much to my surprise was told I was too late to upgrade the shipping as it was already on their dock waiting to be picked up.

Which means they must have already received another shipment - so keep your fingers crossed
Old 10-31-00, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by kaisha no saru:
You may want to pick up the phone and give EB World a ring...I pre-ordered before the July cut-off but didn't receive mine on release date

I called this morning to upgrade the shipping to next day so that maybe, just maybe, I'd get my PS2 before 2001 -- and much to my surprise was told I was too late to upgrade the shipping as it was already on their dock waiting to be picked up.

Which means they must have already received another shipment - so keep your fingers crossed
<HR>

Sounds good!!! Hopefully this is good information!!! My order was transferred over to EB in June from Gamedealer well before the cutoff!!!

------------------

Barney Fife
Old 10-31-00, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quote:<HR>Originally posted by kaisha no saru:

<HR>

When did you order it?? I ordered mine before the July cut-off date, as well. Late June, sometime...
Old 10-31-00, 07:10 PM

shaun3000-

My order was placed the last week in June. So it looks good for people that got in before the 7/9 cut-off --well, at least it looks good for me
Old 10-31-00, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

SCORE! So was mine!!!
Old 10-31-00, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SCORE! So was mine!!!<HR>

This sounds like good news....I received my Madden 2001 and memory card today!!! They never emailed me to let me know it was on its way!!! So, do not look for email confirmation if your system ships!!!

------------------

Barney Fife
Old 10-31-00, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know, if you scroll up a bit, you'll see that my stuff (sans memory card. I ordered that thru Outpost. Prolly won't see that for a while..) all came on Monday. So, I have a controller and a game, but no system
Old 11-01-00, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know, if you scroll up a bit, you'll see that my stuff (sans memory card. I ordered that thru Outpost. Prolly won't see that for a while..) all came on Monday. So, I have a controller and a game, but no system <HR>

Same here!!!

------------------

Barney Fife
Old 11-01-00, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got off the phone with a manager at a local EB who I have known for years....he stated he had spoken with a company person who told him EB would be getting 6,000 PS2 systems(I did not clarify but I am assuming he meant this week since Sony is attempting to release 100,000 per week through Xmas)and that these units would be going to the preorders online and to customers who prepaid for their systems!!! So basically, the average customer will not be seeing a PS2 from Ebworld until they have satisfied all outstanding orders. This is very good for all who preordered their systems through EB!!!!

------------------

Barney Fife
Old 11-01-00, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Coooooooooooooooooooooooollll

lol

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.