Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com Ships "View To A Kill" Instead of James Bond Set!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

800.com Ships "View To A Kill" Instead of James Bond Set!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-00, 12:13 AM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all of you who ordered the James Bond set at that low price, and got the confirmation for "View To A Kill," then 800.com's promise to ship the set to you . . . I got mine today. It was "View To A Kill."

Now, we have to go through the hassle of finding a box to return it, and all of the troubles associated with incompetent customer service. I have to say that I never expected this level of incompetence from 800.com.
Old 10-14-00, 02:06 PM

NOOOOOOO!

Damn, was really hoping to see one of those things at the end of your post.

They canceled my original order for 2 copies of Bond 3, since they were only honoring one per cust. I had to place a new order for one copy.

Hoc, did you have to place a new order or did your original order stay active?

[This message has been edited by knitewing (edited October 14, 2000).]
Old 10-14-00, 02:54 PM
Hoc

quote:<HR>Originally posted by knitewing:

Hoc, did you have to place a new order or did your original order stay active?

[This message has been edited by knitewing (edited October 14, 2000).]
<HR>

When I originally got the email confirmation for "View To A Kill," I emailed them that I had ordered the James Bond Set. They emailed me back that the set would be around $100. I told them that I did not want to pay that much for the set, so either honor the original price or cancel the order. They cancelled the order. Then we got the news here that they were going to honor the price, so I called them up. The CSR said that they would honor the price for the set, and he issued a new order.

So, in answer to your question, they cancelled, and then reordered for me. I called this morning, and the guy on the phone (who apparently is now handling all of the JB3 low-priced orders) told me that everything about these orders is messed up, and that the guy who re-placed my order placed it for "View To A Kill," and then, instead of transferring the product to the JB3 set, transferred it back to "View To A Kill." That's why mine was messed up.

He said they would ship me the right product, at the right price, via next-day delivery. That means I get it Tuesday. Fingers crossed. . . .
Old 10-14-00, 11:04 PM

Our prayers are with you! Let us know...
Old 10-15-00, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ugh! What a potential mess !

Haven't received mine yet but the order information in my record clearly says the Bond #3 6-pack. There is no way they are getting out of this one. Hoc, this may sound bad of me to say but I hope yours is an isolated case. I'll post as soon as mine arrives.

Boy, that would be bad if we all end up with the absolute WORST movie in the 6-pack!!
Old 10-15-00, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hoc,

Here is the description of my order (from my order history):

007 COLLECTION GIFT V03 6PKDVD

(Status: Committed for Shipping)

What does your description say? If it says "View to a Kill", maybe that is how the rest of us can tell what we are getting (instead of waiting for the mail to arrive).

Old 10-15-00, 02:49 AM
Hoc

Mine says View to a Kill on it.
Old 10-16-00, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the past week and a half, whenever I've tried to check my online order status, I get this message:

We're updating right now. Please, come back later today to check on your order.
Old 10-16-00, 12:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I apologize for the problems that have occurred surrounding the JB3 set. Those of you who were promised the set at the mispriced price will get it at that price. We do not intend to now substitute "A View to Kill" when we promised you the entire set.

Hoc -- There was a mistake when your order was placed again, and we will make it right.

We had occasional problems with our order status last week. It should be up and working fine now. If your order status says "committed for shipping," then a copy of the movie is in our warehouse and allocated for you, ready to be packaged and shipped out.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 10-17-00, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Steve:

Have you heard anything about recalls on the two discs that are missing the subtitles? I did not get in on the 800.com misprice, this is just a general question for somebody on the "inside". By the way, you are a class act IMHO!!!

------------------
One man's possessions are another man's passion! Behold the fruits of that passion!
Old 10-17-00, 11:16 AM

hadji -- I've heard nothing about a recall, but our movie buyer said he'd check to see if any of his contacts know of anything.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 10-17-00, 02:18 PM
Hoc

An update on the ongoing saga:

A new order was placed for the right product this time, but at the full price. I responded to the confirmation email yesterday that the price was wrong, but received no response. So I called 800.com, only to be continually met with a message that my selection was "invalid," followed by a disconnect.

Today, the order status shows that the product was "partially shipped," at the full price, but when I click on the tracking number, the USPS site shows that there is no such package.

So I called again, and was told that it was shipped, but if it doesn't arrive in 7-10 days, to call back. I told the CSR that it was supposed to be shipped by next day air, and he said that the order did not show that, and that I was only charged for regular shipping. So, I told him that it was supposed to be like that, and that the next-day air shipping was to make up for the earlier foul-up.

Ultimately, he said that he is going to refund the overcharge and refund shipping costs, as well. Again, I have my fingers crossed.

In my business, I handle cases. Once in awhile I get a case where, no matter how much I do, and no matter how careful I am, little things keep going wrong -- often a secretary or clerk screws something up, and it could never have been anticipated. I refer to these cases as the "cases from hell."

I fear that, in 800.com's case this time, my order is "the order from hell." I just hope things work out as promised this time, that the shipping is refunded, that the overcharge is refunded and that I get my product. Unforunately, with all the time I have now spent on this matter, it would have been cheaper for me to buy this set at full price at a B&M.
Old 10-17-00, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This might be a bit off topic, but when is 800.com going to ship the Ken Burns Baseball set? I have had this on order for over 4 months waiting for it to be released. It is finally released and in stock, but has not shipped according to my order status.
Old 10-17-00, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Hoc:
Unforunately, with all the time I have now spent on this matter, it would have been cheaper for me to buy this set at full price at a B&M.<HR>

Cmon Hoc, you would never pay full price or even half price for that matter! Good Luck.

Old 10-17-00, 04:02 PM

Concerning the MGM titles, we've heard the same things that you probably have. That although there may not be a general recall, if you have problems with the discs, MGM will handle replacements through its own customer service center.

Hoc -- Email me your order number or the name you used when ordering, and I'll look up your order myself. We definitely want to get you out of this hell.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 10-17-00, 06:28 PM
Hoc

Steve--
YGM. Thanks.
Old 10-17-00, 06:31 PM
Hoc

quote:<HR>Originally posted by bmello:
Cmon Hoc, you would never pay full price or even half price for that matter! Good Luck.
<HR>

Bmello--

You're 100% right on that one!!
Old 10-17-00, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quote:<HR>Originally posted by SteveA:
Hoc -- Email me your order number or the name you used when ordering, and I'll look up your order myself. We definitely want to get you out of this hell.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
<HR>

Hey, I'm in hell with my order if you missed my post above.

[This message has been edited by LASERMOVIES (edited October 17, 2000).]
Old 10-17-00, 08:51 PM

cynthia, try using a different browser when checking your order status. I got that error when using Netscape but got right through when using IE. It's a shame they don't appear to be browser nuetral....

------------------
www.bigfoot.com/~jcl
Old 10-17-00, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I kind of lost track of this thread since it was moved. I thought Hoc deleted it. (I hardly ever venture out of the bargain area ) Anyway, mine shipped on Monday and I expect it either tomorrow or Thurs. I'll post what I get but everything I see indicates it will be the 6 pack (receipt, order history, shipping confirmation).

Thanks Steve. And thanks to 800.com for the professionalism in handling this situation. I will always look to 800 first when ordering DVDs (but please try to beat everybody elses price .)
Old 10-18-00, 03:11 AM
Hoc

quote:<HR>Originally posted by moocher:
Well, I kind of lost track of this thread since it was moved. <HR>

This thread wasn't moved. You're trying to gaslight me, aren't you?
Old 10-18-00, 11:57 AM

LASERMOVIES -- I'll ask our movie buyer what's up with the Baseball set. I don't think we've received them from our supplier yet.

I know, that's especially frustrating because of the amount of time that set has already been pushed back by the studios. But I'll see what I can find out.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
Old 10-18-00, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quote:<HR>Originally posted by SteveA:
LASERMOVIES -- I'll ask our movie buyer what's up with the Baseball set. I don't think we've received them from our supplier yet.

I know, that's especially frustrating because of the amount of time that set has already been pushed back by the studios. But I'll see what I can find out.

Steve Armbrust
800.com
<HR>

I would appreciate any information you can give about this, thanks.

[This message has been edited by LASERMOVIES (edited October 18, 2000).]
Old 10-19-00, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm, I guess it wasn't moved. Why did I venture over here???

Anyway, received my JB#3 set today from 800 as promised. An extraordinary bargain for $19.90 shipped. Thanks once again 800.com

Best of luck, Hoc, on getting your order straight. I feel very confident 800 will come through for you.
Old 10-19-00, 05:14 PM
Hoc

quote:<HR>Originally posted by moocher:

Best of luck, Hoc, on getting your order straight. I feel very confident 800 will come through for you.
<HR>

I do, too. So far, they haven't messed up any of my other orders, and I have gotten a few emails in the last day promising to credit my card for the overcharge. So far, I see only the full charge on my CC. But I expect to see the credit in a couple of days.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.