Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

SamTheRecordMan and Peanuts - Part II

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

SamTheRecordMan and Peanuts - Part II

Old 10-25-00, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I chose to write a firm and polite (if kind of angry) reply to their cancellation notice. Instead of the gruff blow-off response I was expecting, they quickly replied that they were sorry and the reinstated my order. Wow.

Of course, it's backordered, but I'll be happy to get this set at this price. (As happy to get it, that it, as I was bitter that I let the Circuit City deal go because of their apparent deal.)

So, a well-reasoned response might actually be a prudent move in this case. Enjoy.
Old 10-25-00, 04:01 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My well reasoned response did squat to get my order reinstated.

Oh no, it looks like we have another case of an etailor treating their customers differently. In my opinion they should reinstate all or none and not base it on the amount of effort one puts into corresponding with their CS.

Congrads to those that get it reinstated.

------------------
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." - I pray I'll hear these words on dvd some day (excluding "You've Got Mail", thanks chitowndvd).
Old 10-25-00, 04:09 PM

Dravecky
Can you post your sample e-mail? I would like to send them a similiar e-mail, but I just don't know what to write. Thanks.

Hmm, if you don't feel like to post it here, you can mail me at [email protected] Thanks a lot
Old 10-25-00, 04:14 PM
dgc

quote:<HR>Originally posted by stso:
Dravecky
Can you post your sample e-mail? I would like to send them a similiar e-mail, but I just don't know what to write. Thanks.

Hmm, if you don't feel like to post it here, you can mail me at [email protected] Thanks a lot
<HR>

Yeah, great idea. Dravecky, while your at it, can you just put underscores where the information is specific to you. It will make it much easier for us to use your correspondence and increase the chance of yours not getting reinstated. - j/k.

[This message has been edited by dgc (edited October 25, 2000).]
Old 10-25-00, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the tip - I asked them to reinstate the order or to send me a GC - told them that I was interested in Alliance DVD's and the Canadian Transformers DVD . . . we'll see what happens
Old 10-25-00, 04:32 PM

Sent them an email last night telling them I didn't think it was good business to cancel the order - that maybe they should hire better QA/Data entry people.

Received an email today from Todd Baker, CS Manager basically saying:

"I can appreciate that your order was placed in good faith and to receive our notice of cancellation was disappointing. I wish to assure you that it was not our intention to knowingly advertise product at a price that we could not honor.

"The points you have raised are valid and we do value your feedback. We have therefore reconsidered our position on this matter. I have spoken with our fulfillment department manager and have asked him to process your order at the advertised price of $19.99.

"We again thank you for your extreme patience and hope to be given the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

Thumbs-up to Samtherecordman.com for fulfilling the order!
Old 10-25-00, 07:01 PM

My order was reinstated too!!!
I ssume it is on backorder because of all the original orders, hopefully the orders they plan on fulfilling will be sent soon.
Old 10-25-00, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well all I can say is if Sam doesn't reinstate all orders he deserves every bit of flames and criticism that can be tossed his way. To reinstate or deny orders on the basis of how well an e-mail is worded is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of .
Old 10-25-00, 08:04 PM

"Will beg for DVDs"
Old 10-25-00, 08:49 PM

just reply the e-mail, hope this will go through ...
Old 10-26-00, 05:09 AM

Here's to hoping! I e-mailed them a rebuttle note also....Hopefully they appreciate my logic as well.
Old 10-26-00, 08:34 AM

I two have just sent a rebuttal back. My main points being that, this was a 1st time purchase for me from a Canadain vendor and I assumed some risk in this. 2nd that they did not "correct" the price until a least a week. 3rd that other companies live with typos - how are you ever supposed to know what their right price is? Any company who takes a loss can claim is was incorrectly priced. Lets see what Sam the Record Man is made of.....
Old 10-26-00, 11:02 AM

Heh, well, we'll see what happens. I wasn't going to say a word about this cause it looked to be pretty clear, I think they are 100% within their rights to cancel the orders. But I ended up writing them a polite email telling them I think it's OK if they cancel the orders but it's NOT OK if they cancel for some and reinstate for others, and they will get more flak than they know what to do with if they don't treat everyone consistently.
Old 10-26-00, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

As I read this forum's post, it seems I was not the only who's understanding was short--so me thinks that SamtheMan is getting swamped with sentiments of short understandings: I emailed them as soon as the cancelation arrived:a semi-cordial but concise email of displeasure and that my understanding was not as open as they assumed--I received a email back late Wed stating that a customer service rep would definitely contact me--so do not know the status of order to date--but if the order is reinstated-I will purchase a non mistaken priced DVD from them--but if not, my eDollars will not venture that way, again.
Old 10-26-00, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just sent in my polite request folks... keeping my fingers crossed...
Old 10-26-00, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What I think is somewhat humorous is that all those (including me) that thought Sam was OK in canceling are now writing nastygrams (including me) to Sam for canceling .

They really should treat folks equally though. That is my main beef with Sam right now.
Old 10-26-00, 07:24 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I e-mailed them yesterday, and no response.
Old 10-27-00, 02:59 AM

I replayed to them as soon as I got my cancelation notice...I was not please that my order was cancel I let them know that in my polite and semi angry letter..got an automatic responce saying that I will be contacted in 24-48 hrs....we'll see what happens!!
Old 10-31-00, 12:03 AM

Has anyone heard back from Sam over the past couple days? I sent my response on 10/25, received an auto-response that they'd contact me within 48 hours, then nothing. What's your story, kids?

jriems
Old 10-31-00, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

nothing yet.. sent my email on the 26th, got an auto-response, but nothing real..

i think this one might be a dead deal.. still hoping though...

Old 10-31-00, 02:32 AM

still nothing yet...I think Samscd is going down the drain....wrote to them like on Wednesday or Thursday of last week and got nothing back except an automatic responce...think we can give up on this deal...peace out!!!
Old 10-31-00, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Moving to On Line Store forum

<small>No response to my e-mail either</small>
Old 10-31-00, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by noellyg:...Todd Baker, CS Manager...<HR>

I called and spoke to him today. He said that he regrets the decision but after talking it over at their company they decided not to fulfill any orders.
SAM THE RECORD MAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-00, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by bigjim25:

SAM THE RECORD MAN SUCKS!!!!!!!! <HR>

I'm with you brother!! Sam should have left well enough alone with the original cancelation. I had respect for the company. Then they start picking and choosing whose orders they will fulfill. Then they stop answering e-mail all together. AND it sounds like they are not even going to fulfill the orders they originally agreed to fulfill!

Usually I take the side of the e-tailer in situations such as this but this time, Sam the Record Man BITES THE BIG ONE!!! Customer service at its absolute worst!
They will never get one dime of business from me or anyone I can talk to, e-mail to, or post on a forum .

[This message has been edited by moocher (edited October 31, 2000).]
Old 11-01-00, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the people who got them to reinstate their order, please let us know if you actually get it, as it seems they may be backtracking on that decision.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.