Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix Problems?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix Problems?

Old 10-28-00, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a member for 1 year, and all of the sudden in the last month and a 1/2 I have three lost discs. I was curious if anyone else was experiencing this same problem.
Old 10-28-00, 07:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Overall I'd say 1 out of every 4 has some sort of problem (lost or damaged). I haven't really noticed a significant increase recently though...
Old 10-28-00, 10:05 PM

I've been there ever since they started (1+ years) and never experienced a lost disc until a month ago. They lost two on the same day.

Did everyone get that wierd organizer in the mail from them?
Old 10-29-00, 12:52 AM

bworrell,
I also lost two on the same day, what time of the month was it, they lost two on the same day about 2 weeks ago. I did not recieve the organizer either.
Old 10-29-00, 01:31 AM

I just read on f&$kedcompany that Netflix had an $86 million IPO withdrawn in late August.(I don't know why, but they must have felt they weren't attractive enough. This is about the same time that their lost disk policy changed.) Which coordinates with the time frame that the first DVD disappeared from my account.
Old 10-29-00, 01:54 AM

Both of my DVD's were supposedly sent on Sept. 9th.

The organizer just arrived today USPS. I live in Seattle so shipping time is fairly short. I was just curious if other people received them. The literature that came with it thanked me for signing up for unlimited rentals. (I've had unlimited rentals since it started.)
Old 10-29-00, 04:19 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by apowers
I just read on f&$kedcompany that Netflix had an $86 million IPO withdrawn in late August.(I don't know why, but they must have felt they weren't attractive enough. This is about the same time that their lost disk policy changed.) Which coordinates with the time frame that the first DVD disappeared from my account
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the policy now if the disk is lost ?

[This message has been edited by jeyi (edited October 29, 2000).]
Old 10-29-00, 06:12 PM

When my first disk turned up lost the policy read that the disk stayed in the temporarily lost column for thirty days and then moved to your returned disk column. Now the "lost" DVD just stays in the temporarily lost column forever.
Old 10-30-00, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 360 Likes on 263 Posts
Netflix has lost 3 discs in the mail in my account since 11/99. Two discs never arrived at my house and the other was lost in transit back to them.

I have often wonderd how this compared to other peoples accounts. They also seem much slower to ship tiltes after they recive the movies back
Old 10-30-00, 08:14 PM

According to the new policy now, would we get charged if the disk got lost in the mail ?
That would really suck if this is the case.
Old 10-31-00, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey has anyone noticed I signed up at $15.95 a month, I just got my bill for September and it is $19.95.
Old 11-02-00, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 360 Likes on 263 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by DDDDDD:
Hey has anyone noticed I signed up at $15.95 a month, I just got my bill for September and it is $19.95.<HR>

They made an announcement about this back in August or before then that the price was going up. They also will begin or have began charging sales tax so it may be a little over $20 on your next bill. You should have recceived emails form them on both topics....

Old 11-02-00, 01:54 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jpcamb:
They also will begin or have began charging sales tax so it may be a little over $20 on your next bill. You should have recceived emails form them on both topics....
<HR>

They have also changed their rental programs. From their Unlimited Rental FAQ:

quote:<HR>How many DVDs can I have checked out at one time?
Depending on your program, the NetFlix Unlimited Rental Service allows you to have 3-5 DVDs at home and ready to watch at all times. To see specific details about your program, you can refer to the Unlimited Rentals Terms Page located in the Your Account section of the site.<HR>

The $19.95 Standard Program now allows only 3 out at a time, down from 4.