Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

buy.com question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

buy.com question

Old 10-31-00, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll delete this thread when my question gets answered. When you pre-order something from buy.com, do they charge your card ( webcertificate account in my case) the time you placed the order or when the item ships?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-00, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They bill when the item ships. I check my cc balance almost daily on the web, and I've never seen a buy.com charge show up more than a day earlier than I've received an item, and usually it's posted the same day I receive or the day after. My experiences with them have been good, and I've placed over 15 different orders with them over the last 3 months, many for multiple items.
Old 10-31-00, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by dvd2001:
They bill when the item ships. I check my cc balance almost daily on the web, and I've never seen a buy.com charge show up more than a day earlier than I've received an item, and usually it's posted the same day I receive or the day after. My experiences with them have been good, and I've placed over 15 different orders with them over the last 3 months, many for multiple items. <HR>

That is correct....I usually receive my merchandise the day it is credited to my credit card!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-31-00, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Buy.com takes webcertficates perfectly, but they put a full charge for 5 days to test out your webcertificate, then get rid of the charge in 5 days. Then they take your money out once your item is shipped.

------------------

"The way to live a good life is to act on your emotions."

Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing
Old 10-31-00, 08:19 PM

So if I pre-order something that cost $100 and I only have $50 in my account, I can't get it ? I ask because I'll have enough in my account when the item ships but not before. I want to use the 20 off $100 before it expires.
Old 11-01-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm not sure, I always have enough to cover the charge, but I still have a pending charge showing full amount for buy.com on my webcertificate. The charge will be gone in 2 days, and my webbie will be back to normal. They take the full amount back again, when the item ships on release date. You can give it a shot, but they may not be able to get authorization for your webcertificate.

------------------

"The way to live a good life is to act on your emotions."

Heero Yuy - Gundam Wing