Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Where to Order a PS2??

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Where to Order a PS2??

Old 10-29-00, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok,

I waited and procrastinated and now I want a PS2 after playing a friend's one.

Where's the best place, IYO, to order a PS2? Any online store that will be better at getting PS2's by Christmas? Or will I have to wait 'till hell freezes over
Old 10-29-00, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good luck....even those who preordered systems months ago are still without one!!! I would go with EBWORLD....
www.ebworld.com

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-29-00, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

www.ebay.com
Old 10-29-00, 07:58 PM

EBWorld isn't taking orders any more. Are the individual stores themselves taking orders? I ordered mine from Outpost and they said it may not be until March till I get my system and I ordered mine the first of July...

Yawn.........
Old 10-29-00, 08:40 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are going to have to wait a while to get one.

Speaking of ebay, I did a search for a laugh one night. Can you believe that people are bidding upwards ot $600 or more for a new system.
It pisses me off that the people selling them got one and were just looking to sell it on ebay to make money off the drive people have to get one when they missed out earlier.
I know I shouldn't be too mad because no one is forcing the people bidding to bid that much.
But, to buy a system and take it away from someone that might really want one just to sell it on ebay for a profit. Those people upset me.

------------------
"Hey Rocky, Watch me pull another rabbit out of my hat."
"Again?"
----
ICQ 1415034
----
My DVDTracker List
My DVDProfiler List
My Home Page
Old 10-29-00, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Most if not all the online and local B&M stores are not taking any more orders right now. other then the fact they are not 100% sure what their allocation will be over the next few months they are still in the process of fullfilling the remaining pre-orders which take priority over walk in customers. Unless you are lucky you will probably have to wait at least until after christmas. The best thing to do is to continually check with the various stores.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 10-30-00, 12:14 AM

I think the best bet would be to find out when Best Buy or another B&M gets their shipments in and then just call or stop by each week to see if you can score one.

Bo.
Old 10-30-00, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just like the others have posted above. Most online stores(i.e EBworld and Amazon)are not taking orders anymore - they are still trying to fulfill most of their pre-orders. You, might have better luck at B&M(best buy,circuit city,target and walmart)stores - try calling each stores and see if they have stock or when their stock arrives. Might also try your local videogame shops in your area for availability.

Use ebay as your last resort - prices are up in the high $600 and up(will continue to rise).

------------------
Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.

My Addiction
Old 10-30-00, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But it IS a sweeeet system. I've been playing SSX for hours on end, and since I don't have a mem card yet (#@$%@#$% buy.com!) I have to keep restarting. It's still fun!

But after 10+ hours in front of Wal-Mart, I've learned one very big life lesson: Even California is C_O_L_D at 4 am.
Old 10-30-00, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by MWoody:
But it IS a sweeeet system. I've been playing SSX for hours on end, and since I don't have a mem card yet (#@$%@#$% buy.com!) I have to keep restarting. It's still fun!

But after 10+ hours in front of Wal-Mart, I've learned one very big life lesson: Even California is C_O_L_D at 4 am.
<HR>

Luckily I pre-ordered and fully pre paid for the memory card as well as the system so I was able to get it on the same day. SSX is a fantastic game and I have been playing it extensively over the last few days. Luckily I have been able to save my progress and all the tricks I have been able to complete.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.

[This message has been edited by cloud (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old 10-30-00, 02:06 PM

I bought a memory card at Target for no problem. They had 10 of them. Now I have 2 games, a memory card, and NO FREAKING PS2!!!!

By the way, I wrote to Outpost.com and told them that we deserve at least a good coupon for this mess. I don't mind that they didn't have the stock, but they could have at least warned us. There CSRs conituously said all was fine..
Old 10-30-00, 05:41 PM
Suspended

http://www.gamestop.com is still taking preorders if you pay it in full.

------------------
DVD Otaku - [email protected]
www.dvdtracker.com/~kain
Old 10-30-00, 08:19 PM

This quote is off of Gamestop's website...

Due to the overwhelming demand for the PlayStation 2 game console, we cannot project when we will be able to ship any orders placed.