Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

checkout.com bites

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

checkout.com bites

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-00, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, I wanted to share my little adventure in shopping with checkout.com and discourage anyone from shopping there... unless there is a great deal where checkout loses money
Back when American Beauty was first made available for pre-order I found a good deal at checkout and placed my order. Every week or so I would get an email from them letting me know that they don't have my dvd yet and when they get it they will send it my way. I thought this was foolish because it was a pre-order, but I'm not going to question their way of business. Well last Tuesday, as we are all aware, American Beauty was released. I wasn't expecting when I got home from work but thought that it would be nice if it were there waiting for me. It wasn't. Wednesday came and went, no dvd. Thursday, no dvd. Then Friday morning I got an email from checkout, my thought was that they were going to tell me it's being shipped but the email said that they will send it as soon as they get it. I thought this was some kind of mistake so I emailed them letting them know that I haven't gotten my dvd yet and that my copy of The Patriot that I ordered from Buy.com had shown up on Tuesday and I wanted to know their excuse. This is the email I got back from them:

Dear Jason,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting
Checkout.com, The Entertainment Network.

In checking the availability of this item, I have found that this is
currently on backorder. Most backorders are expected to arrive within
3-4 weeks of our order with the vendor. You will not be charged for the
item until it is shipped to you.

We look forward to serving your music, video and gaming needs in the
future.

Sincerely,
Matt McClure
Checkout.com, The Entertainment Network
Customer Service

So no dvd for Jason. Understandably I wasn't too happy with this email and let them know that this order isn't going to canceled because I did get a deal on it and won't be able to get it anywhere else for less and that they won't see another penny of mine... unless I'm sure they are losing money in the deal. It's stupid that I pre-order a dvd and still have to wait for up to a month after the release to get it. So buyer beware.

Old 10-30-00, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How unfortunate. But I'll bet you'll get your title well before 3-4 the weeks stated. I got in on the same deal and received (finally) my disc on Saturday. Late, but cheap.

[This message has been edited by BigT (edited October 30, 2000).]
Old 10-30-00, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my copy from Checkout the day after street date (it was shipped on the Monday before.)

------------------
DIVA OF THE OTHER FORUM
Jadzia/Pikul