Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

More Express.com Suckyness

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

More Express.com Suckyness

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-00, 08:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box - status- backordered

I ordered this months ago! Backordered! They suck!!

Edit Update - Cancelled Express.com order and bought the Ultimate Toy Box from Best Buy.

[This message has been edited by lesterlong (edited October 17, 2000).]
Old 10-14-00, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is my first and last order with them. I too ordered ages ago.... Peeeeeeeee UUUUUUUU!

------------------
Frequently doing the undoable...
Old 10-14-00, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would say it is time to stop ordering from them.....way too many problems!!!

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 10-14-00, 10:11 AM
Cool New Member

me too- jp-dts was sent saturday the 7th,postmark on the 10th and recieved on the 12th.Im sick of late preorders.dvdempire for me!
Old 10-15-00, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm losing faith in them as well... I have 2 orders with them, my first ones. One of the dvds came out Oct. 3rd and they still list it as coming soon whilst everywhere else has it on 24 hours shipping. I Email'ed them and they replied in like 2 hours asking for order number, I sent it and now its been 2 days... what gives. Also, if you order from Canada, they surprise you when the dvd gets to your house by charging 5$ and another 15$ on your order for customs. Amazon might have higher shipping but in the end, you still pay less since they don't charge you at the door. It ends up that on a 20$ dvd, you pay another 9$ at the door and it adds up to paying a higher price than buying locally.
Old 10-15-00, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I'm done with Express. I'm still waiting for From Dusk Till Dawn SE and they keep pushing back the expected date of reciept.

It's over, Johnny, over.
Old 10-15-00, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still have Sisters/Criterion as comming soon even though it was released on 10/3 and they used to be one of the best with Criterion titles. I got mine from 800.com ordered last weekend after the release date and received it on Thursday. Not that 800.com is that great, they kind of suck too. Is it my imagination or does every on-line place suck now? My last on-line pre-order is for 10/31, I think I will sit out the holiday season of on-line ordering...
Old 10-16-00, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they're in the hot water with money issues so they can only get stock COD.

Perhaps that's why they can't get TS...

------------------
Regards...

John 3:16
Old 10-16-00, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My Toy Story collection is currently shown as "backordered" and I ordered it a long time ago as well. Well, they definitely aren't shipping them "early" for most folks.

Perhaps it is just showing as "backordered" until a majority of the distributor house staff shows up tomorrow for work. I know that for a while last weekend my Jurassic Park DVD collection that is on the same order was also showing as backordered as well, but shortly after got switched to "pending" status. Now if Toy Story would just ship, my last order would be sent (unless they want to send me a moldy old order I made for Omega Man many moons ago).

Now if Brandsforless will come through with my age-old rebate on that order.

------------------
- DVDealer

[This message has been edited by DVDealer (edited October 16, 2000).]
Old 10-16-00, 11:10 AM
Banned

Mine also shows as Backordered. I placed my order back in July. I have a couple more DVD's with them, with the last release to be American Beauty. After I receive that one, I'm done with Express.com. I would cancel them, but I had used coupons.

------------------
Kenwood
DVDTalk's Main Forum Moderator
DVDTalk FAQ Thread

Email: [email protected]
Old 10-16-00, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cancelled all my orders with them and ordered thru Buy.

I received UTB yesterday !

Old 10-16-00, 01:01 PM

I heard about Express doing this with other titles last week, so I cancelled my Toy Story order from them and ordered it from another online retailer. The result? I already have my Ultimate Toy Box, and Express has one less customer to worry about!
Old 10-16-00, 02:08 PM

I canceled all of my Express.com pre-orders quite some time ago.

Should we start a pool where the object is to guess how long Express.com can stay in business?

------------------
lordvdr @ DVDTracker
lordvdr @ DVDProfiler
lordvdr @ lordvdr.com
Old 10-16-00, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I cancelled my Toy Story: UTB order as well. It still says Backordered with no signs of shipping (and I ordered it in June!)

I'll use my $5 Sting in NY coupon on BestBuy.com and pick it up at their store.

I'll get it sooner and still save a couple bucks.
Old 10-16-00, 07:29 PM

Better order this hot title fast before the preorder is done:

http://www.express.com/consumer/prod...ctNumber=14062
Old 10-17-00, 09:30 AM

I just canceled my UTB pre-order with Express.com as well. Incidentally, I noticed on the left margin backorder=pre-order. But since they aren't filling my order and it's available today at B&M stores, I'm not waiting.

Unfortunately, everybody else must have the same idea. BestBuy.com is too busy to let me sign in to order. Hopefully there is enough on the shelves.

------------------
The gratuitous DVD List
I've only started after Christmas 1999, but it's slowly growing.
Old 10-17-00, 11:37 PM

Gees, I am frustrated. It's Tuesday and I don't have my set like many of you. It hasn't even shipped yet! To top it all off they seem to pay their CS reps to be rude to you on the phone. The lady didn't appologize for the inconvenience and balked at the idea of upgrading my shipping for free. Finally after threatening to go to her manager, she gave me a $5 coupon number on the phone but "disposed of it" (yeah!) before she could email it to me. The only reason I have hesitated cancelling the order is because I ordered it through BFL since I thought I should honor that since I already got the rebate. However, when I weigh all the krap express has put me through, the higher prices (as compared to BB) and the extremely high shipping (they charge you shipping on all three discs!!) I am very close to cancelling the order and picking up a Rain Check at my local BB or pricematching it.

Old 10-18-00, 09:38 AM

My Toy Story collection is on backorder too. I ordered it when it was first announced. I'm going to wait until the end of the day, check the status, if still on backorder, I'll cancel and stop at Best Buy on my way home. The weird thing is, I used to work for Reel.com and now more than ever I miss them! I've got one other order with Express.com, Quadrophenia. I may just cancel that too and order somewhere else.

lilolady
Old 10-18-00, 11:40 AM

My Toy Story 3 was also backordered at express.com (Cancelled it & bought it at BestBuy).

But I [b]did[/d] receive Toy Story 2 from them on a timely manner (b4 street date).

(I believe T.S.3 is backordered for many retailers. So it is not really express.com's fault.)
Old 10-18-00, 05:30 PM

It's no Ultimate Toy Box, but I still have yet to receive my Friday the 13th part 4. It streeted 10/17, but they still show it as coming soon. I get the feeling they will be the next to follow Reel.com into bankruptcy. It's Buy.com for me from now on.
Old 10-18-00, 06:10 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

They just lost a decent size sale on me. I had pre-ordered Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight dvd set back in the middle of June.
It streeted yesterday and no shipping notice. It shows as coming soon on the status page.
So, I cancelled my $77 pre-order after a $5 coupon and ordered it from Buy using the return customer $10 coupon for the same $77.
I know I'll get my order from buy.com soon.
up until recently, I havent had problems with express. now.. see ya, express!

------------------
"Hey Rocky, Watch me pull another rabbit out of my hat."
"Again?"
----
ICQ 1415034
Yahoo Messenger: Vryce1974
----
My DVDTracker List
My DVDProfiler List
My Home Page
Old 10-18-00, 09:33 PM

Check your backorders now... My UTB just shipped along with the Jurassic Park Collector's set, From Dusk Till Dawn Collector's Series and James and the Giant Peach! I'll be looking forward to receiving my last order from them!

------------------
- DVDealer
Old 10-19-00, 02:00 AM
Banned

I cancelled ALL my preorders/backorders with Express and placed the orders at Buy.com using the 20 off 100 coupons.
Old 10-19-00, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
The web page (not the Order Status) for the Ultimate Toy Box at Express now says that they expect their next shipment of it on 10/27.

I will wait, as I bought it with a $10 coupon and a BFL rebate.
Old 10-19-00, 07:49 AM

Express.com has officially struck out in my book.

First, they shipped MIB on a Sunday (Monday was Labor Day) so it arrived on the following Thursday (2 days after street) - strike one. Next they ship Jurassic Park on a Sunday (Monday was Columbus Day) so it arrives on the following Thursday (2 days after street) - strike two. Now, they show my Toy Story/Toy Story 2 (2 pack - please no comments about not getting the UTB) as shipped last Saturday and here we are Thursday morning and I still don't have my discs (at a minimum it is two days late and there was no holiday in between) - strike three. They're out!

The only good thing about these three last orders was I had used $10 off coupons on them. It's really too bad since express had always done well by me in the past. Oh well, I guess it's buy.com or the B&M's from here on in.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.