Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Half.com's #1 Badboy:

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Half.com's #1 Badboy:

Old 08-11-00, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a month of waiting for my dvd to arrive from this seller HENRYM and another month waiting for a refund from Half.com I finally decided to post a rating and then was curious about his profile and it turns out he did not ship one item that he sold. Here is his FEEDBACK PROFILE

------------------
"Have I ever told you of the time I was run over by a Toyota?---Oh what a feeling!"

[This message has been edited by EvilDeadAsh (edited August 11, 2000).]
Old 08-11-00, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i feel for you man.. thats pretty screwed up that the guy ripped you off.

Wow. he only had ONE positive (5/5) feedback.. Why do they allow him to continue to sell?

-heimer

absolutely dumbfounding.
Old 08-11-00, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
half.com is a joke of a company. They actually delete negative feedback just so people will buy stuff. I can't believe that a person like this would even still be able to sell stuff like this. Ebay would have kicked him off long ago.

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 08-11-00, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Totally shocking. I don't think I'll do any more business with them.
Old 08-11-00, 04:36 PM
Banned

That 'is suck'
Old 08-11-00, 04:39 PM
RaZorBlade

Interesting how so many people still ordered from him, after he already had so many negative responses....

Not that you shouldn't have received your item, but some of the blame goes to you for not checking his profile...
Old 08-11-00, 04:39 PM
RaZorBlade

...but that still sucks
Old 08-11-00, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As posted by RaZorBlade-Interesting how so many people still ordered from him, after he already had so many negative responses....
Not that you shouldn't have received your item, but some of the blame goes to you for not checking his profile...
---------------------------------------------

If you notice all the people who were scamed had bought their stuff from this guy between June 26th and July 4th. You can not give a negitive rating for a month by half's rules. A few of the first posters did get them in two weeks after the fact though so it must have been changed at some point after this date I guess. But my point is this.. look at when the fist negitive post was put up...07/15/00. So the guy had no negitive feedback at the time all of these people bought their stuff for him.
I have heard about this happening with Half before but I never had seen it. Now I have. Put up a bunch of stuff so that people will buy it, then never send it out. But you have to do it at the beginnig of the month so that you still get your check form Half. People can not complain for a month, so they have cashed the check and get off scott free.
Old 08-11-00, 05:02 PM
RaZorBlade

OH! Ok, well then that sucks...it's all his fault (and a bit of half.com's...)
Old 08-11-00, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This guys a caca head. Sorry man, it's people like this that scare away people from auctioning sites. Too bad half.com isn't taking a golden opportunity like this to perhaps please their customers and give them a gift certificate or credit them or something. they need to implement new rules as well. Man that guy must've scammed alot of dough though.

------------------
"My boy is wicked smart!!!"
The Money Pit
Old 08-11-00, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
fyi. Ebay owns Half.

Old 08-12-00, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Half.com is giving the money back to everyone scammed and they claim that they never paid him his money. I just got my money back today. He placed nearly 10,000 dollars worth of stuff up for sale and I guess he was hoping he would get paid before Half.com caught on. Enough people complained early that Half.com says they caught on before they paid him. Most of the items he put up for sale were expensive DVDs that he knew would sell fast.
Old 08-12-00, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah half.com is suck, at least I got half of my order from another seller. Also avoid this seller MagnumSteele <---that guy is suck

------------------
My DVD List
Old 08-13-00, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

EvilDeadAsh...

I had the same problem with HENRYM. I ordered "Bride Of Frankenstein", but it never arrived. Half.com is supposed to fix it on my credit card, but i haven't gottn my latest statement yet to see if they did.

jim
Old 08-14-00, 08:38 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving to Online Store forum.

------------------
David, Moderator of the Other Forum
I laughed, I cried, my life was changed: The Other Forum
My DVDs and HT Email: [email protected]
Old 10-20-00, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Deftones17:
half.com is a joke of a company. They actually delete negative feedback just so people will buy stuff. I can't believe that a person like this would even still be able to sell stuff like this. Ebay would have kicked him off long ago.

<HR>

I don't know Def, I got the following feedback:

1/5 overall rating by ******** (09/16/00)
DVD arrived very quickly and in great condition---will buy from them again...

This after a perfect feedback record of over 100 posts of 5/5. I wrote half.com about it because obviously the guy screwed up and thought "1" was the best -- they responded that they never delete or change feedback ratings.

They also never update their video catalog!

(Sorry, rant for the day)

------------------
THIS FILM HAS BEEN MODIFIED FROM ITS ORIGINAL VERSION. IT HAS BEEN FORMATTED TO FIT YOUR TV.
Oh?? So it's ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN, right??
Old 10-20-00, 07:22 PM

I know this post is all about bad sellers, but I've got nothing but good things to say about half.com. I don't like to bid on things, because you never really know what's gonna happen with a bidding system. So half.com was a good find for me, and I have not yet had a bad experience.

I try to avoid people selling too many stuff at once, and of course the people with good rating. Like this HENRYM guy... selling $10,000 worth of stuff could be real, but probably a scam. You can look at everything the seller is selling on half.com. This is a person-to-person sell-buy system with half.com working as a proxy... so there has got to be some trust system, and the negative feedback is pretty good but half.com's policy of one month allows this kind of scam to happen. So I do agree that their policy should be changed somewhat, like half.com doesn't send off the checks until the user has confirmed that they have received the item... but of course this implies honesty from the buyer, and he can lie about getting the item and not pay.

My point is that it is all about trust and honesty. I am optimistic and generally believe that everyone is good until I hear enough bad things.

Just my $0.02
Old 10-23-00, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

could someone who orders from Half explain what's happened over there?! I ordered a bunch of stuff in July at great prices, and received almost all of it (except For Your Eyes Only, which was 'sold' by HENRYM and i of course never received).

Now when i check the site, everything is selling for just BARELY under the MSRP - like, 2% off and stuff. Before it was, well, half off!

How do the sellers sell their stuff for such high prices? Or do they just hope for some dummy who doesn't know online stores sell dvd's for way under 2% off (and who can't see the little chart on the right side SHOWING them the other online prices!).

Please explain! Maybe i will sell stuff there if i can really get msrp outta these peoppple.