Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about 800.com shipping practices.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question about 800.com shipping practices.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-00, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 5 dvds preordered with them. They are The Patriot, Pitch Black, Perfect Storm, Gladiator, and X-Men. I read something on their website that they don't ship until everything is ready. So I won't get Pitch Black and The Patriot till the end of November?

If this is the case, I'll just cancel my order and pick them up at Circuit City or Bestbuy. That's a dumb practice if they charge the same amount per item for shipping they should ship it when it becomes available like buy.com does.

------------------
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
-------------------------
Why I live with my parents.
Old 10-21-00, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

800.com will ship when a dvd is available, despite what they say on their site. They also will only charge 1.95 shipping for the first item and .95 for each additional item. If your receipt shows 1.95 for each - email the customer support and they'll fix it for you. I did this just the other day.
Old 10-21-00, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They give you an option when you place an order to either have them shipped seperate for an extra charge or wait until they are all there, take your choice?

I think you should worry wether or not they actually get the titles in-stock by the ship date or 3-4 weeks later or if you use a coupon, wether or not they actually give you the coupon off or just forget about it and lie to you that it was taken off but it hasent and the coupon is still on BACK-ORDER.

Wow, I just realized in the past 7 days I have spent over 135.00 (2 Criterions and 7 other titles) on Dvd's in B&M stores. I like it. B&M for me for now on.

Sorrry to rant on, I have tried to like 800.com and have had around 24 orders from them in the last year but they are pretty bad with pre-orders or if you send an email to CSR they will likely lie to you.

Good Luck.....
Old 10-22-00, 09:33 AM
Banned

in defense to 800.com, I do think they have
one of the best customer service department
around. As far as DVD's go, they will charge
you a base of $1.90 PER ORDER and .95 per DVD
if I am not mistaken. Even if the DVD's are
shipped out separately, you will only be
charged one time for the $1.90 and again .95c
per title, PROVIDED THE TITLES WERE ALL ORDERED AT ONCE!!!
Any problems with shipping charges or otherwise, these guys are good and usually
take care of the problems there and then, on the spot! (Incidentally, so does Amazon.com
even despite the fact that they have now
generated a lot of ill-will with their
"price" tests!!)
Just be nice to CS reps, keep in mind they
are people too! And who knows, you might
end up with an e-coupon too to make up!