Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have buy.com cart cleared ??

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone else have buy.com cart cleared ??

Old 10-11-00, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

During the free shipping periods, there were a couple of posts along the lines of " I'm sure glad I stashed a $30 off $150 coupon in my shopping cart! ".

So, when I came across a free shipping coupon (only on one web site), I stashed it, and a dvd set I was interested in, in my shopping cart. I also did this on a second PC that I use.

A few days ago, around the time that the $10 off $100 appeared, I figured "aha, I'll get free shipping too!" - but my shopping cart was empty on both PCs. If this had something to do with the coupon expiring or some such, one would expect the dvd set to remain in the cart.

At other times, I have had items remain in the cart for at least a few days.

Did anyone else experience some sort of cart clearing by buy.com ?

Old 10-11-00, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes on several occassions. Sometimes it was just a couple of days, sometimes much longer.

I conveniently forgot that I had a $20 off $100 off in my cart, but suddenly remembered when the Complete Python set was listed on their site during free shipping. That was one of the rare ocassions where they did not clear the cart.

I don't see a pattern.
Old 10-13-00, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think buy.com and others use cookies to track the shopping cart. Maybe they put the cookies on your computers with different expiration dates depending on what's in your cart.

------------------
THIS FILM HAS BEEN MODIFIED FROM ITS ORIGINAL VERSION. IT HAS BEEN FORMATTED TO FIT YOUR TV.
Oh?? So it's ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN, right??