Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Got an Express.com shipment today! Anyone else?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Got an Express.com shipment today! Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-00, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprised me - I tried to cancel the order last night and couldn't access the order history page. One of the items is a new release (international shorts). I got into the order history page today and it doesn't even show it has shipped. Anyone else? (They also sent a little wood glider like I used to play with when I was a kid - whatever)

[This message has been edited by bdots48 (edited October 06, 2000).]
Old 10-07-00, 01:21 PM
Cool New Member

i cancelled all my pre-orders,all the trouble there having started to show . My mom bought me a gift card for my b-day and it took 8 days to get here after she paid for it.
Old 10-07-00, 02:08 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They shipped my "Nightmare Before Christmas" DVD just about a week ago. But when my "Dusk Till Dawn" DVD was still showing as backordered on Friday, I cancelled and ordered with a GC from Amazon. Got my shipping notice from Amazon the same day.

That leaves me with only 2 preorders from them: X-Files Season 2, which will probably get cancelled because it's been nearly 4 months since I ordered and BFL has not sent the rebate, and Fort Apache: The Bronx which I preordered for $11.99 and used a $5 coupon, so I will get it shipped for $10.47. I'll wait for that one to ship, since I really haven't seen a better deal on it anywhere.
Old 10-07-00, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I have had no problems with Express. I received my last 4 preorders on time. Guess I got lucky. However, I still have not received American Psycho.
Old 10-08-00, 04:13 PM

I had 30 pre-orders at Express until they started failing to produce. I got tired of it, cancelled and spread the orders around Buy, 800.com and (gasp) the much-maligned TWEC using coupons. Everyone else, including TWEC, has been shipping regularly.

I mention TWEC because I thought that I was taking a risk since so many have had problems and because they got half of my cancelled titles. To my delight, they have been shipping regularly. Just got a shipping notice on my JP/LW 2-pack yesterday. That was a fabulous 25% off coupon with free shipping!

------------------
Do you see what a can of worms this portal is? I don't think I can go on living my life as I have lived it.