Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

about Amazon orders.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

about Amazon orders.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-00, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any way to combine orders at Amazon. I already have an order for Gladiator and Chicken Run which are both coming out on 11/21. If I order X Men which has the same release date can I combine it with my previous order to save on shipping. By the way I used a $10 promo GC they sent me WRT their pricing fiasco recently, on my first order. I am planning on using a referral GC on the X Men order. Thanks.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-29-00, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From my experience, you can only use one promo GC per order. So, if you have already used one on Order #1 and plan to use one on Order #2, then I think that they will only allow for one of the GCs on the combined order.

And I assume that it will be the lesser of the two.

This is all speculation as I have not done this.

Old 09-30-00, 01:04 PM

sparrow,
Thanks for the advice. You are probably right. If anyone else has any input on the matter that would be great.

------------------

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-30-00, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You can only use one promo GC on a given order.
Also, it is a bit of a pain to combine orders when using GC's as payment (the system won't let you) So.....you would have to cancel both, then reorder both of them on one order, applying your GC balance to the new single order. However, since you're using 2 promos, this cannot be done.

------------------
Whadda you say, honey? Feeling stupid? I know I am! -Homer Simpson, American Hero
DVDs..... Is there anything they can't do?
Old 09-30-00, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by cloud:
sparrow,
Thanks for the advice. You are probably right. If anyone else has any input on the matter that would be great.

<HR>

I just wanted to add that you don't have to cancel your first order. You can place your second order (without any GCs attached) and combine without a problem. I have had no problems at all combining orders as long as a promo GC was attached and not a 'real' GC.

Strange, but it works consistently.

I basically only attach promo GCs (when available) to orders and apply non-promo GCs just prior to the release date.

Good luck with this.

Old 10-01-00, 08:52 PM

Thanks.

------------------