Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon...how do you PM again?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 11:15 AM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 851 Posts

there used to be a simple link that said something like "see a better pricce..."

don't see it anymore. want to PM the Battle of Five Armies 3D Extended Edition...
Old 11-15-15, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon...how do you PM again?

Originally Posted by OldBoy
there used to be a simple link that said something like "see a better pricce..."

don't see it anymore. want to PM the Battle of Five Armies 3D Extended Edition...
I just went to do the same thing for the Doctor Who S8 Blu-ray set, which is $31.99 at Best Buy this week, and the "tell us about a lower price" feature was gone.

I checked a few other random titles, and the feature is no longer there.
Old 11-15-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 578 Likes on 404 Posts

According to the Amazon CSR early this morning, they don't PM other retailers on individual orders... Only a lower price on Amazon.com itself. What you and I (and anyone else who has it preordered from Amazon) are waiting for is them to come to their senses and lower the price down to Best Buy's $32.99. Once that happens we'll get the lower price either immediately or as a credit if the order has already shipped.
Old 11-15-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 835 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
According to the Amazon CSR early this morning, they don't PM other retailers on individual orders... Only a lower price on Amazon.com itself. What you and I (and anyone else who has it preordered from Amazon) are waiting for is them to come to their senses and lower the price down to Best Buy's $32.99. Once that happens we'll get the lower price either immediately or as a credit if the order has already shipped.
They don't, but there used to be a link on every item page to "Tell us about a lower price". Usually, if enough people submit the lower price, they would match it on the listing in short order.
Old 11-16-15, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 578 Likes on 404 Posts

It's dropped to $32.99 on Amazon now.
Old 11-16-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

They removed the "Tell us about a lower price" feature from most of their products a little while ago.

IF it still exists on a product, it will appear under the Product Details or Product Information section, usually under a "Feedback" subsection.
Old 11-16-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 113 Posts

Yep.. I used the "Tell us about a lower price" quite often.. but hadn't since it was taken down.. So since then till now, I thought it still existed..
Old 11-18-15, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 731 Likes on 523 Posts

Well that stinks. I used that all the time to tell them about a lower price. I was going to do that yesterday and it wasn't on the product I was viewing but it's a pre-order at the other site and "OOS" at Amazon which made me think that's why the option wasn't there. If it's truly gone that's a bummer... along with many other horrible GUI and/or functional changes they've done recently.