Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

bestbuy.com cancelling orders?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

bestbuy.com cancelling orders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-00, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went to check the order status of my Spinal Tap preorder at bestbuy.com for which I used my $10 grand oipening coupon, and it says it's cancelled. I never received anything about it getting cancelled. What's the deal? I just sent an email, but I'm sure I'll get the runaround that everyone has gotten.

------------------
My DVDs
You know you want buskerdog.com -- T-shirts and stuff
Old 09-12-00, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buskerdog-

Not sure if this is what happened to you but I know I had several orders cancelled w/no notice at the "new and improved" (cough, cough) web site.

I finally got a straight answer on what was going on. When you enter your credit card info, it is imperative that your info be put in as all caps. If on your card and your bill your name and address appear in all caps and you type it any other way, its "super fraud protection" policy will decline your card.

Its totally ridiculous, and infuriated me to no end with my orders as I was using a freakin' Best Buy card

I used my coupon and put everything in all caps and received the one and only order I'll ever place with their new site (the old site didn't have the same security glitch).

[This message has been edited by kaisha no saru (edited September 12, 2000).]