Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anybody else had problems with dvdexpress.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has anybody else had problems with dvdexpress.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-00, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered the Massacre collection 5 pack & Stand By Me SE last Monday (the day before their release) and they still haven't sent or even gotten my order ready. When I go to my account page it says "Back-order" or "Pending" . I'm getting a bit PO'd at this.

I was wondering if anybody else has had problems with this company?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Demonic Tools Inc.
www.demonictools.com
Old 09-02-00, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No problems at all...usually they are on top of things!!! Have you called their customer service?

Welcome to the Forum!!!

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited September 02, 2000).]
Old 09-02-00, 09:20 PM
Banned

Welcome to the Forum

Moving Thread to the "Online Store Forum"

------------------
Kenwood
DVDTalk Forum Moderator
DVDTalk FAQ Thread

Email: [email protected]
Old 09-02-00, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered Green Legend Ran at the new lower price. It still has not shipped, and Express says: "Order Now! Our next shipment is expected to arrive on 08/31/2000. We'll ship this item to you as soon as it arrives."

I can wait...

------------------
On E-bay, a fool and his money is soon parted.

Mark Holtz http://www.deepspacefranchise.net/
Old 09-03-00, 06:21 AM

I sure had a strange experience with them today. I got an invoice confirmation e-mail for four discs that they just shipped to me. One of the discs was wrong. They had subsituted the more expensive "Henry V" for "W.C. Fields: 6 Short Films." I sent them a copy of the order confirmation e-mail that I got when I placed the order, which shows that I actually ordered W.C. Fields. They wrote back fairly promptly, and said no, I was wrong, I really ordered Henry V, and that if I am not happy with the order then I can exchange it at my own expense. Very strange! I wrote back and told them to try reading the order confirmation again and to let me know what part they didn't understand. I hope they snap out of it. (One added note is that Henry V probably was in my shopping basket at some time, since I did consider ordering it, but the order confirmation clearly showed that it was not there when I placed the order. There is apparently an odd bug in their system, which is aggravated by incompetence of at least one CSR....)
Old 09-03-00, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Too many problems to list. If they weren’t affiliated with Brands For Less I wouldn’t use them at all.
Old 09-03-00, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since Dec 1998, I've placed 47 orders with express.com and have NEVER had a problem at all. No wrong discs (over 100 of them), no bad discs, no slip-ups in shipping. I'd say that's a pretty good record!

------------------
"...and try to keep your clothes on too; there aren't many more sickening sights in this world than you with a couple of drinks in you and your skirt up over your head.... your HEADS, I should say."
Old 09-03-00, 09:59 AM

I agree. They would be my favourite store, at least for DVDs.

Their games division (after merging with Game Cave) is probably the worst ever. Slow in restocking, and slow in getting new items released. Headaches.
Old 09-03-00, 12:05 PM

I'm sitting here waiting for Edward Scissorhands and Men in Black: LE to get out of Pre-Order status. As I live on the East Coast, even if they mail them out by Monday (a holiday so I doubt it) I won't get them until the end of next week. (I ordered MIB at the beginning of May and ES mid June.) I'm not a terribly happy camper at the moment...
Old 09-03-00, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They are pretty much done in my book!!! Stick a fork in them!!!! I used them religiously in the past prior to places such as Amazon, Buy, etc....their prices suck as does their shipping policy where they charge you for 2,3,4 discs in a set instead of just charging you one shipping rate as most online stores do.....Brands For Less does not even make it worthwhile to shop here anymore!!!
Old 09-03-00, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Check out their shipping cost for the Anchor Bay tins - They charge you as if it were five discs!

My problems in more detail: I’ve ordered from them for the best part of a year on and off when they had a decent price but a month ago for no reason they ask me to fax through CC details in relation to six orders (why those six and not the others I don’t know). I do it, forget about it thinking they have the info they need, go to my account a few days later and those six orders are not there. I phone them direct (from the UK - not cheap), the guy I spoke to Canyon Trainer (as intelligent as his name) remembered seeing the faxes, confirmed that he’d Ok’ed the orders, couldn’t understand why they’d been cancelled, offered no explanation, would not re-instate the orders and now won’t even give me back the coupons I used. Additionally these orders were all placed when BFL’s minimum shipping requirement was $25 which is important outside the US as I could still ship them seperately and have BFL cover all charges whereas now with the $50 limit that’s not possible.

Also just before they ended their price matching I placed a lot of orders after contacting them to confirm that as long as the orders were placed before the end of June I could submit the PM applications a few days later. I did this only to have the matches rejected. Again I spoke with the chimpanzees at customer disservice only to be told that applications had to be submitted before the end of June. I told them that I had spoken and received confirmation over the phone and even gave them the persons name who had said it was OK. They allegedly went to check with their supervisor who categorically denied me the option to price match these orders. So having been denied twice I cancelled all affected orders. Three days later I get an e-mail saying they had spoke to the person who originally confirmed my question and they admitted that that was what they had told me - that it was Ok to submit my matches after the 30th June. They then, knowing full well I had cancelled the orders because I mailed them on it, offered to price match them!!!

They are without doubt the shabbiest company I have ever had dealings with, and I’m including CDUniverse in that calculation. They treated me with suspicion right from the first call even though on both these occasions they ended up admitting it was their fault. Oh, and the attempt to make good on their PM foul up was a $5 coupon! $5 was supposed to make up for a couple of hundred dollars in valid lost price matches.

Old 09-03-00, 04:33 PM

Only problem I've had is they shipped me Alien instead of Aliens, which is perfectly understandable. I called them up and they shipped Aliens out right away and told me to ship Alien back when I could.

Bo.
Old 09-03-00, 11:26 PM

Argh!!! MIB:LE now says that it's backordered... (Pulls hair out...) Guess I'm going to be driving around Tuesday morning trying to locate this... Grrr!!!

PS Humm... it went from Backordered to "Ready for Shipment."

Editing to add that I received a note from Express to the effect that they haven't gotten their shipment of Edward Scissorhands yet (today is the 5th) and that when they get them in they will ship it. MIB:LE shipped out yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Margo (edited September 05, 2000).]
Old 09-05-00, 03:48 AM
Cool New Member

Any preorder I have ever made at Express.com has been at my door the day BEFORE it is released in the store. I have used buy.com for my last 2 preorders...Jaws and T2...got Jaws 2 weeks later...t2 has STILL not even shipped.

Needless to say..Express gets a thumbs up...and buy.com has seen my last order.
Old 09-05-00, 04:12 AM

Buy.com is far better than Express.com in my book. I always get my pre-orders on or before release date from Buy, but my MIB:LE pre-order (on 6/30) from Express has not been shipped yet! At Express, even all released items listed as in-stock don't usually get shipped right away. Their customer support is a joke. MIB will be my last order from the pony express. Not even coupons (if any) or BFL could make me go back!
Old 09-05-00, 11:17 PM

Speaking of BFL and Express.com, I just cancelled all of my remaining orders at Express, a total of 10, because two of the rebate requests I made through BFL were rejected. The impliction was that I had not followed the correct ordering proceedure, even though they knew very well that there had been problems with orders placed through Express. All of the rebate requests with orders from Reel.com, before they went out of business, were trouble free, that is no longer the case, and repeated emails trying to straighen out the situation have gone unanswered. With all of the great coupons at Buy.com lately, it is cheaper than the orders I had through Express/BFL. And the DVD's will ship from Buy as they are released, instead of having to wait for all of them to ship together from Express. Good riddance Express/BFL.
-David
Old 09-06-00, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've ordered from them many times and haven't had a problem as of yet.

Keep us posted can ya?

------------------
Regards...

John 3:16
Old 09-08-00, 06:34 AM

In the interest of fairness, I must modify my previous complaint about DVDEXpress screwing up my W.C. Fields/Henry V order. It turns out that there were two separate orders listed in my order history, and I only knew about one. The other one is the one they shipped to me. It appears possible that I placed an order, never got a confirmation (their screw-up), and placed the order again without checking the order history on their site (my screw-up). So I just cancelled the order that didn't ship yet....
Old 09-08-00, 09:22 AM

I've had problems with them. I ordered through them several times before without a problem. I preordered both T2 and Braveheart a week before the release. They wait a week before they tell me they need photocopies of my card with pictures and billing statements. Everybody is at home watching their T2s while there I am wasting my time dealing with photocopies and billing statements. I took my business elsewhere.
Old 09-08-00, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe Express still hasn't received American Psycho yet!

To make matters worse, this is holding up my T2 and Sound of Music (I ordered them all at once before the AP street date changed.)

I called and the CSR was pretty vague about when they'll get it. I said this was unlike Express not to have titles by street date. SHe was like "Oh, it isn't our fault,. teh distributor hasn't sent them yet." I pointed out that every other retailer has gotten theirs. (I wonder if Express isn't paying their bills?)

Anyway, you would think they would at least have the courtesy to send me the other items on my order. It's not my fault they don't have things on time.

------------------
My DVDs
Jadzia/Pikul

[This message has been edited by Jadzia (edited September 08, 2000).]
Old 09-08-00, 03:00 PM

I once ordered 6 in-stock DVDs and got the confirmation of shipping date. Later they delayed shipping out my DVDs because one of the DVDs was actually not in-stock! (So much for the real-time inventory of ? copies in-stock ready to ship!) You would think that they would have the courtesy to ship out the rest of the DVDs first. NO! Instead, they blamed me for selecting ship-at-once option. Why would I want to select any other options if all were in-stock? What's worse, my BFL rebate for this order got rejected. Now I regret that I didn't cancel the order.