Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy lies about shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy lies about shipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-00, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, so I risked the waters and went with Buy. Big mistake. On Tuesday, I talked to a customer service representative and she indicated to me that my titles would ship that day. On Friday, I check on my order and my titles are "on order" "sent to warehouse." I call again and get the same kind of "assurance" that my titles will ship that day.

Talked to his supervisor and I said, "Are you aware that your customer service representatives are in the habit of giving out misinformation?" He promises me that the titles MIGHT ship today. And I tell him that if they don't ship today, I'll never shop at Buy again.

Has anyone else experienced the lies and deceit of Buy's CSRs?
Old 09-01-00, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

He promised that they "might ship today" ?
That's essentially his way of saying I have no idea, but I'll throw in the word "promise".

Hmmm...to date I've had no problems w/ Buy.com, but I admit that as the horror stories pile up I'm a bit more skeptical about doing business with them.
Old 09-01-00, 04:27 PM

I had severe problems with them in late 98. Had to dispute credit card charges. I didn't use them for almost a year and slowly started giving them another chance back when Pink Floyd: The Wall came out. I had a lot of transfers from reel, and so far I haven't had any problems. I am leary however, but so far its working out.
Old 09-01-00, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just to let u know, sometimes when u check on their website, the info is not up to date. i have had orders arrive at my door and the website will show it as sent to wherehouse. i don't know if it still like that since they have update their site, but it that kind of stuff was pretty common.

------------------
my short list of dvd's that i won't be able to watch for the next four years because of medical school
Old 09-01-00, 06:59 PM

Yes, their so-called "real time" order tracking on their website usually lags reality by a day or two. And most of the CSRs appear to be no better than trained monkeys. Occasionally you get one with a clue, but generally I think they just don't know what they're doing. They're not malicious or purposefully deceitful, they're just dim. Not that that knowledge makes it any easier to deal with them.

Of course, I can say this knowing that my latest problem with that has finally been resolved. When I was going on the 6th week waiting for my Jaws DTS disk, I was less insightful and did my share of ranting.
Old 09-02-00, 06:08 PM
Cool New Member

I dont know about you guys, but when I order from buy.com, all my orders are at my house the day after or 2 days after they have shipped.......Its great, I nevr had a problem and they are very reliable..........OPh, and thats stnadard shipping, so whoever goes with the 2 day or whatever, you're crazy because its just a waste of money.
Old 09-02-00, 06:28 PM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by louie24:
I dont know about you guys, but when I order from buy.com, all my orders are at my house the day after or 2 days after they have shipped.......Its great, I nevr had a problem and they are very reliable..........OPh, and thats stnadard shipping, so whoever goes with the 2 day or whatever, you're crazy because its just a waste of money.<HR>

I do all my orders through them...they are amazingly quick.

------------------
My ever growing, yet not too large at the moment list of DVD's
Old 09-02-00, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Add me to the buy.com supporters. I've been pre ordering just about everything from them since reel.com stopped their heavy coupon loads, and EVERY DVD has arrived before street, except for Leon (week late) and the Planet of the Apes box (day of release). Of the video games I've ordered through them, two have arrived on street date, the other two about a week after. I also notice that I have received EVERY DVD from them the DAY AFTER it ships when using UPS, and two or three days after via USPS. The only complaint I have is with a Yamaha receiver I ordered... gonna take 10 days to get here .

As for their customer service, the CSR's don't really know anything, and are there just to BS you to wait if complaining about your not receiving anything yet, but when I call to cancel any items or an entire order, it is done with no problem. Also, everything I price matched was done and I was given a credit on my card BEFORE the items ship, which I found to be odd, but am not complaining.

------------------
Need a hug? Just ask and please specify type (cuddly, regular, bear) and duration (quickie, regular, let's have a kid).

[This message has been edited by cartman (edited September 02, 2000).]
Old 09-02-00, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The one thing you cannot do is listen to what a CSR person from Buy.com says about any given situation you are involved in....I have had minor problems like just receiving my Planet of the Apes Boxed Set on 8-31 when I had ordered this on June 30th!!! For the most part, you cannot beat their prices anywhere especially with all of the coupons they have offered!!! Be more patient and take in all of the good deals they are offering because these soon will be gone like all other deals in the past!!! The retailer who I will most likely fall back on is good old reliable Ken Cranes which is now called dvdplanet....ran by the same people!!! Great service and one flat shipping charge of $2.50!!!!
Old 09-03-00, 01:34 AM

Well, as it turned out, the order did ship on Friday...partially. Two DVDs shipped, but my Evil Dead 2 LE set languishes. And I haven't received any e-mail back from them concerning the ED2 fiasco.
Old 09-05-00, 05:41 PM

Hey Big...
I think that the ED2 set is having a bit of a problem getting to retailers. There is some kind of hold up from the manufacturer as far as I know. Anyway, just to add, I love buy.com, and they always get my pre orders to me before street. Love it.
Old 09-06-00, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never had a problem with them!

Are you so desperate that you can't wait a couple of days to get your DVD's, come on man.

Terminator