Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix Problems?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix Problems?

Old 03-18-00, 09:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone been having problems with netflix marque? Its been taking 8 to 9 days to get a dvd.I think they are slowing done to keep us from renting more dvds than they want us to. since the deal is all you can rent for 19.95 a month.Ive been waiting for Easey Rider since last saturday! I e-mailed them and the responce back from the webmaster was that it would take 7 days to get a answer to my e-mail.
Old 03-19-00, 10:19 AM

I've noticed a slowing down also. But, to be honest, this past month I rented 12 movies. That's not bad for 20 bucks. $1.67 a rental is good in anyones book.
Old 03-19-00, 11:59 AM

It does seem to be taking longer to get a disc than before the promotion, but it also seems to be taking longer for a movie to be returned.

However, I was still able to rent 15 movies last month, so I really shouldn't complain much. That's even with them shipping from CA to FL.
Old 03-20-00, 01:06 PM

I had problems where 3 movies were stuck in the marquee queue for a few days, after all movies I had out were returned. I called their customer service line, and they corrected it immediately. Haven't had any problems since then.
Old 03-21-00, 08:55 AM
Cool New Member

Could you please give me the number of the customer service line? I cant find it on their site. Thanks
Old 03-21-00, 12:16 PM

I'm also interested in knowing what their customer service number is. Sending inquiries by email is not practical now that it takes over seven days for them to respond. Could you imagine how much hell people would raise if it took cable companies 7 days to come out and fix broken lines and insist that you still had to pay while you wait?
Old 08-25-00, 10:12 PM

Sad to say, but they are misleading us. I have noticed on several occasions that Netflix has listed the shipping dates for some discs on Sundays, so it is clear that the "shipping date" is not necessarily the date they are mailed. Who knows how long they sit on them before they are mailed and/or checked in? I have emailed a complaint and encourage everyone else to do the same. Maybe they will get the message that this needs to change.
Old 08-26-00, 12:04 AM

1 day or 7 days... when they write back and say:
"...thank you for contacting us, we have been experiencing technical problems with our system and our techs are working to resolve the problems..."

That's not verbatim, but it is pretty close to what I received when complaining (twice) about this problem. If anyone gets a better answer(shouldn't be hard) please post.
Old 08-26-00, 07:46 PM
Roo

I found this on their Press Contacts page:

"If you are a customer with a question, please visit the Customer Service Center and click the link in the Contacting Customer Service section to send an email to a NetFlix Customer Service representative. You can also reach NetFlix Customer Service at 1-888-638-3549."

If someone calls, please ask about the street dates changing to meet NetFlix's needs. They've now got Planet of the Apes available 9/5, as well as most of the 8/29 street date DVDs except Braveheart. Note that these dates are different in your queue than they are on the order pages.

[This message has been edited by Roo (edited August 26, 2000).]
Old 08-31-00, 05:42 PM

They told me that the ship date indicates the day they deliver the mail to a US Postal Service mail truck. How they get the USPS truck to come out on Sundays I'll never know.
Old 09-01-00, 02:42 PM

The best way to deal with Netflix is to e-mail them directly. I had a similar boat in which I was waiting on DVDs for a week and a half (and I'm in California!). Two DVDs had not arrived after a week and a half. I reported them lost in the mail and expressed concerns about their so-called "unlimited service". A mere three days later, lo and behold, I got six DVDs (including the two lost DVDs) shipped to me in one day!

Netflix is either right on the money or absolutely awful. But I managed to rent eighteen movies last month. So I rreally can't complain.