Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anyone found Monty Python DVD Set #7 at Buy.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has anyone found Monty Python DVD Set #7 at Buy.com?

Old 08-21-00, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last Monty Python DVD 2-DVD set #7 is supposed to be released on 8/29/00. As usual I can't find it listed on Buy.com.

Has anyone found it on Buy.com and if so could you provide a link?

P.S. Very recently I was unable to find the James Bond set #3 at Buy.com until someone posted it was called "007 Collection Vol. 3". I now noticed that Buy.com renamed it to "James Bond Collection Vol. 3" like it should've been named in the first place. My preorder still lists it under the old name. I hope that doesn't cause Buy.com to mess my order up.

So that experience makes me wonder if Buy.com called the Monty Python set #7 something else?
Old 08-21-00, 08:51 AM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Manzana:
The last Monty Python DVD 2-DVD set #7 is supposed to be released on 8/29/00. As usual I can't find it listed on Buy.com.<HR>

The info I have on this set says it won't be out until 10/31/00.
Old 08-21-00, 10:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think this is it http://www.us.buy.com/retail/product...142295&loc=107 That's based on the release date as it doesn't mention the set # specifically
Old 08-21-00, 10:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Miser:
The info I have on this set says it won't be out until 10/31/00.<HR>

Actually according to the A&E website it should already be shipping:

http://store.aetv.com/cgi-bin/python...287150232/Home
quote:<HR>
Circus Set 7 on VHS now IN-STOCK an entire
month before anywhere else! DVD available now
for shipment 8/18.
<HR>

Of course I guess that all depends on how you read the "one month" thing, does it just apply to the VHS or both?
Old 08-21-00, 08:06 PM

The set due on 10/31 is the "Life of Python" documentary set. Like nemien said above, look fo rthe one that just says Monty Python Collection with NO vol designation and a release date of 8/29.

Drebin!
Old 08-22-00, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nemein, it's possible the link you provided to Buy is the right one. Unfortunately I'm not willing to risk ordering it with Buy's ambiguous description only to wind up getting shipped one of the sets I already have. Guess I'll have to call Buy.com and ask them the details. I'm almost certain I'll be told "sorry, we don't have any more info than what you see on the web page" and "nobody in this department provides the description so we can't find out anything more". Yes, sadly I've dealt with them enough to guess what they'll say but I'll try anyway.

BTW, Express.com lists Set #7 as 8/29 in addition to Image's news on their web page, so I'm confused why there are so many different release dates. I'm especially confused why Buy has the older previously released MP DVD sets listed as becoming available on 8/22/00.

If it weren't for their low prices and recent coupons I'd never put up with Buy. IMHO, their web site is poor, their release dates and descriptions are often messed up, and recently they are bad about shipping preorders on time. I was told a couple of my week-old preorders are out of stock for up to a couple more weeks. What kind of a place that deals in high volume like they do can't get their hands on brand new popular release DVDs especially ones I had on preorder for a month?

I'm beginning to believe the people who place their preorders last at Buy are first in line for DVDs when they are released. I guess Buy is trying to be biblical - the first shall be last and the last shall be first. I may cancel some existing preorders and reorder them a few days before release to see if that works any better.

Oh well. Sorry to get carried away with my Buy.com opinions and rant. Too bad Reel had to go under.
Old 08-30-00, 08:26 PM

Mine arrived today and it was the correct set (Vol 7).

Drebin!