Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix: When to cancel?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix: When to cancel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-00, 06:19 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It says my rebilling cycle starts on Thurs., Aug. 31. I want to rent Magnolia and Big Kahuna, which are released Tues, 29.

I'm wondering how late I can cancel on Weds. 30, so as my cc won't be charged. Anyone know? Also, should I call the 1-888 # just to be sure I don't get charged?

The reason I ask is because sometimes it takes them a day after release date to send out movies. Thanks.
Old 08-28-00, 10:55 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Ray D. Tutto:
It says my rebilling cycle starts on Thurs., Aug. 31. I want to rent Magnolia and Big Kahuna, which are released Tues, 29.

I'm wondering how late I can cancel on Weds. 30, so as my cc won't be charged. Anyone know? Also, should I call the 1-888 # just to be sure I don't get charged?

The reason I ask is because sometimes it takes them a day after release date to send out movies. Thanks.
<HR>

There's no way your gonna be able to swing that one...
Old 08-29-00, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with Lurker57. There may be other subscribers in their queue for those movies that may deplete their supply before they get to your order.

If you don't want to be billed for the entire month of September, you should probably cancel.

[This message has been edited by Sparrow (edited August 28, 2000).]
Old 08-29-00, 04:55 PM
Cool New Member

Defintiely cancel. My billing cycle ended on the 28th. I cancelled on the 27th, they billed my card anyway, said sorry no refunds, then wouldn't let me into my queue to add more movies since I am paid in full for a month.

------------------
~I Am Jack's Smirking Revenge.~
Old 08-30-00, 01:42 AM
Cool New Member

Well, Magnolia shipped and Big Kahuna is listed at released to ship. I cancelled tonight, 29, 2 days before billing cycle renewed, so I should be fine. Went to Order status after I cancelled, and it showed that I had Big Kahuna out, as well as others.

So cool, looks like it worked. Just wanted to post to show how close I cut it. Thanks for info, I probably would have waited til tomorrow to cancel, but I did today b/c of your posts.