Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy shipping times

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy shipping times

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-00, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone bought anything from the new Best Buy site. I ahve two DVD's ordered that were both released yesterday but I show thme as being in Process still.DOes the shipping times suck here or do they just not update the site?
Old 08-16-00, 01:02 PM

Check out my other thread.
http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/004944.html

And I still have not received 'Supergirl'. The BestBuy site list over 10 days shipping for standard shipping. This is the worst online shop out there.

------------------
May it ever be so humble
Old 08-16-00, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You will receive an email when your movies ship...expect to wait at least another 7-10 days before receiving these in the mail!!!
Old 08-16-00, 06:13 PM

I had Killing Zoe on pre-order, which was just released yesterday. It of course hasn't shipped according to the order status on the web site. I checked on the title and their web site says "Usually ships in 2-3 days", but I thought I'd fire off an e-mail to them just to see what was going on. They responded promptly, but with little information. It was also worded strangely, saying something like "Our records don't update very often from that vendor. You order may very well have shipped yesterday or today." What vendor? Anyway, this all spells disaster as far as I can tell. They can't even tell if something has shipped or not? I'll wait it out for a couple of weeks I guess, but I hope best buy doesn't expect much business.
Old 08-16-00, 06:26 PM

Just got through talking to a CSR at BB.com. He really did not know what was going on and just said that they probably had a lot of orders (duh!). His excuse was, "Well, you know how long it took to get the GC out...." Does that mean that I will have to wait 6 months for my movie. I had ordered "Erin B." and according to the site, it should have shipped on the 11th. But no.
One bit of GOOD NEWS. He did say that pre-orders will be price adjusted to the store price. IE, I will get a $4.00 refund for the $19.99 "Erin B." which is 15.99 at the store. Lets just see if it happens.
Old 08-16-00, 06:55 PM

Well well well.... I just checked my order status and it has been changed to "Complete". Order detail says it was shipped 8/14, but I haven't been able to ascertain exactly what I've been charged for it yet. With the GC it should be $4.60, but we'll see. With any luck it'll be in my mailbox when I get home, but I suppose they ship from California.
Old 08-16-00, 07:26 PM

well they wouldnt even let me cancel the orders even though they cant tell me wether they shipped ot not..they can keep thier 20 bucks .whenever they ship I will be returning the items to the nearest store..its funny because both movies are sitting on thier store shelves as we speak