Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon split shipping question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon split shipping question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-00, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, amazon.com question(s)

When amazon.com decides to split your shipment into two (when you originally chose "ship as one order"), do you get a confirmation e-mail?
When does amazon.com do this, when the shipment is too large?

I ask this because I have a laaarge shipment where some items (boxsets) wait for a whole month... It would suck if amazon.com ships half my orders and deducts from my CC before I can get enough GCs...

If I do receive a confirmation of shipment, how long do I have for me to cancel the order? Is there even a time window for me to do that?

thanks
Old 08-11-00, 02:39 PM

You only get an email when it ships. So if they ship part of your order they will email you and say they partially shipped an order. But you don't have any time to cancel that part of the order.

I beleive this happens when the stuff you ordered in in different warehouses.
Old 08-11-00, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It also happens when titles get delayed (though that may be technically an offshoot of the "other warehouse" theory). I had an order in June for a couple items and the Ken Burns' Baseball Boxset. When that was delayed, they shipped the remaining items "at no additional cost to you".

So, it could happen, so if that is a big concern of yours, make sure that any item you order that is already out is covered by enough GC's.

Remember, if you have a $100 order and half ships, they will use GC's first before they charge your card.

Also remember that adding a GC makes an order "non-combinable" if you want to add something to it later.

It's all a tradeoff.
Old 08-11-00, 09:43 PM

Y2K Falcon: "Also remember that adding a GC makes an order "non-combinable" if you want to add something to it later.

It's all a tradeoff."

You can allways call up or mail their CS to add something manually. I did that twice already and it was no problem at all.