Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Express Drops the Ball!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Express Drops the Ball!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-00, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called customer service at DVD Express last night wondering why my special edition of SUPERGIRL had not been shipped yet. The customer service rep. told me that the product hadn't even arrived at their warehouse yet! So even though I pre-ordered my special edition back at the beginning of May, looks like I am going to be one of the last people to watch it! I guess everyone who ordered from Express is going to get screwed on this DVD as well! It may not be DVD Express' fault the DVDs are getting to them late, but they should have at least notified customers about the problem!
Old 08-07-00, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree that Express.com should notify you if there will be a long delay until they receive the DVDs, but the release date isn't till tomorrow. I am sure if you ordered in May you can wait till the actual release date or at worse the day after. I don't understand why you feel it is a travesty that others might receive their discs first. I guess your family or friends keep bugging you when you are gonna receive it.

------------------
DVDjunkie21's DVD List l My Pic
Go Bucs!
Old 08-08-00, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Express.com has gone downhill lately, they returned my money order for a $65 order because I miscalculated and was short five bucks. I realized the mistake after it was in the mail, and since I've spent about $400 US with the company, I figured they wouldn't worry about it seeing as I'm a loyal customer, but I was shocked when it was returned to me.

Add to that slower CS, higher prices, etc. and I'm starting to consider shopping elsewhere.
Old 08-08-00, 04:49 AM

The only reason to shop at Express.com: BFL.
Old 08-08-00, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BFL is not a good enough reason for me to shop there.....I like express but when you have other online retailers offering great coupons for immediate savings regarding credit card purchases and lower prices to boot.......I recently filled out a survey they sent to me as I have spent thousands there and basically they were wondering where I had been lately so I told them....I also mentioned under comments that they need to at least maintain a 40% off preorder rate if they are not going to offer coupons. If not, then I will not be shopping there anytime soon!!!!

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited August 08, 2000).]
Old 08-08-00, 01:54 PM

This is an interesting time... e-tailers are being forced to choose a course of action:

1) Become profitable. Places like bigstar.com that used to have lots of coupons and 40% off prices now have atrocious prices. Their other policies don't make shopping there any easier (few preorders, no GCs on preorders, etc.). I think express.com is probably in this category as well, but isn't as extreme as bigstar.com.

2) Continue to lose money to try and "wait it out" and be the last one standing. I put buy.com in this category. They continue to have low prices and a reasonable (yet reduced) number of coupons.

3) Find new ways to keep prices low. Amazon.com doesn't have the lowest list prices, but have partnered with *lots* of sites where you can earn GCs. Consequently people can get low prices at Amazon at limited cost to the site itself.

4) Take the Reel.com route.

It'll be interesting to see who is left when the dust settles. I'm betting that buy.com and Amazon.com will still be here 2 years from now. Bigstar won't last. Express is a toss up for me... I certainly can't find any reason to shop there, but I think they have some loyal customers.
Old 08-08-00, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know how you feel. I ordered it back in May at the low price. Then late last month I ordered the Criterion Beastie Boys disc. What shows up with that order though? Another Supergirl disc at the higher price. I call them up to delete it off the second order and what do they do? Erase my original order at the lower cost. Livid, I call them up and tell them what happened. They said they couldn't give me the lower price but will credit my card. Thats where I stand. No disc, waiting and royally PO'd. Thanks for letting me vent. Ahhhhhhhh.
Old 08-08-00, 05:21 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Vespertillio:
I know how you feel. I ordered it back in May at the low price. Then late last month I ordered the Criterion Beastie Boys disc. What shows up with that order though? Another Supergirl disc at the higher price. I call them up to delete it off the second order and what do they do? Erase my original order at the lower cost. Livid, I call them up and tell them what happened. They said they couldn't give me the lower price but will credit my card. Thats where I stand. No disc, waiting and royally PO'd. Thanks for letting me vent. Ahhhhhhhh.<HR>

How did they send you the Supergirl disc if they haven't gotten it yet? I'm sooo confused!
Old 08-08-00, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They havn't gotten it yet. I havn't gotten it yet. Seems like everybody else has gotten it though.
Old 08-08-00, 09:01 PM

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Seriously. It's "Supergirl."

All right, I know it's a redundant, uphill battle to start talking about the merits of film, especially in a forum like this, but SERIOUSLY.

Think of Supergirl.

Last edited by story; 06-03-20 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-08-00, 09:02 PM

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,259 Posts
Although I will add that I find people's thoughts on the companies' options and possible future scenarios very interesting. All I know is that I don't buy DVDs as much as I used to.

Last edited by story; 06-03-20 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-09-00, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked my order status for the Supergirl LE 2 disc thing for 17.49 from Dvdexpress and my order says closed, ready for shipment. Their LE Supergirl web page says they have 283 in-stock. I have not gotten a shipping notice yet, though.
Old 08-09-00, 02:10 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by dogmatica:
Seriously. It's "Supergirl."

All right, I know it's a redundant, uphill battle to start talking about the merits of film, especially in a forum like this, but SERIOUSLY.

<HR>

Whenever I'm in a situation like this, I just think "What would Supergirl do?" Then I do that.

------------------
Why my wife hates the Internet