Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bungo rewards (almost) operational on the new site

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Bungo rewards (almost) operational on the new site

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-00, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know since they changed the site to limit you to 10 pts/day that most of you probably don't Bungo anymore, and after they recently revamped their site, I started having second thoughts. But they finally have the equivalent of the bone odometer back in place. Unfortunately, they apparently don't have any GC sponsors lined up, which is unfortunate since my account has a little over 1000 points ready to be redeemed.

If any of you are still Bungoing, it would be nice to share the techniques you are using to accrue reward points. Unfortunately, they no longer have the "library" button that you can click 10 times to get your 10 points/day

I did verify that adding a calendar entry or a note will get you a point, but editting or deleting don't get you squat. Anybody find any other means of racking up points? Is there still a 10 pt/day limit?

And if you're reading this and wonder WTF is bungo, it's a free internet-based office suite providing e-mail, calendar, notepad, chat, etc. Just go to http://www.bungo.com and check it out. If nothing else, it gives you an additional e-mail box.
Old 08-04-00, 10:53 PM
Banned

Last time I tried Bungo I wasn't getting any points when I clicked. I have over 1000 points in one account. 10 points a day is radiculos. I guess I will try again to see if I can earn points.

Any idea who the rewards will be good with?

Jonathan

why is my signature f**ked up?

------------------
Old 08-04-00, 11:17 PM

Yeah, shortly after they reduced the referral award and the max points/day they also changed it so that simply clicking on the icons didn't register points, except that the library icon still worked. So daily me, my family, and my friends would log in, click the library button 10 times, and leave. But the icons no longer exist, and from my playing around today it looks like you actually have to do work. So I add a calendar entry, delete it, repeat 9 more times. It still looks like you're limited to 10 pts/day.

As far as partners, before the site redesign they had CD Universe and 800 Flowers. Dunno if they're adding new ones or what. I'll let you know when the partners come on-line

(Ah, I sure miss that 250 pts/referral, and that 25 pts/hr, especially when the point limiter forgot to stop you at 25)
edit: spell check

[This message has been edited by jellofan (edited August 04, 2000).]
Old 08-05-00, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey Jeff, here's a tip to speed up the accumulation of points...give your bots a litte R&R. They deserve it after all the work they've done for you and then they'll thank you by making more points
Old 08-05-00, 05:32 AM

huh?

oh, that!
Old 08-05-00, 03:28 PM
Banned

Vash: I'm lost!

10 points a day. Wasn't the cash out 1500 points? That's150 days for a gc, wooooooo!

I'll do it if it takes no more than 30 seconds to earn the 10 points. That's 30 seconds to log-in, get the points, and be out!

Jonathan

------------------
Old 08-05-00, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jonathan, here's to hoping you win the Bungo Olympic Games. 30 sec will be tough to beat
Old 08-05-00, 06:52 PM

The cashout used to be 1000 pts for a $15 GC. Dunno what it will be now.
Old 08-05-00, 08:36 PM

At least they can't do much worse than last time. Those CD Universe GC's were worthless. I am still waiting for all my outstanding CD Universe orders that were made with 100% GC's.