Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-19, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by rjh_54
After trying different ways to access this return label I finally gave in and contacted Amazon once again via their oh-so-wonderful chat feature (), asking why I was even asked to return the damaged item when I was told a month and a half ago that I wouldn't need to. All the guy said was that he had taken care of it and that I wouldn't have to return the damaged vinyl after all. I wasn't buying it this time so I asked why I got an e-mail reminding me to return it and he gave me some BS excuse about the previous CS rep not making note of that. Not sure if he went back and saw my chat history or what the deal was, but it looks like I'll have to keep an eye out in hopes that I don't actually get charged. Seems sketchy to me.
I had the same problem last year as the CSR told me to keep the item but the automated system kept reminding me to send it back. A different CSR was able to disarm the return and I never heard back about it.

Last week, I ordered Westworld S2 4K during the $24.99 sale. The first copy was shipped in the thin, non reusable, mailer and a couple of the hubs were damaged so I contacted Amazon. They sent another copy and insisted this time it would ship in a box (yeah right!). It arrived in the same awful mailer (luckily undamaged) that I couldn't reuse to send the first copy back. I contacted Amazon again thru chat and not only did the CSR say I could keep both copies, he also gave me a $10 credit. I asked him to verify the return requirement on the first copy had been disarmed and it had been. So two copies for $15 plus tax.
Old 02-21-19, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I ordered a comic book that I needed to finish a set this week and paid double the face value to get it. Amazon decided to put it in one of those waterproof pouches instead of some tight cardboard like they would with a book. Needless to say, the comic - despite being boarded - arrived bent with a big crease down the middle. It's readable, but no longer collectible.

I complained to Amazon and they refunded my money, so kudos for that, but I just wonder what the thinking is by whomever packed this item...did they really think it was going to arrive at its destination undamaged?
Old 02-21-19, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I just wonder what the thinking is by whomever packed this item
[half asleep] must finish 30 more packages this hour so i don't get fired [/half asleep]
Old 02-22-19, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Recieved 3 CDs from amazon just now and all three cases are broken in several places. The top of each case fell off and the both top and bottom hinges are broken. Just canceled Prime and will pay little more and order from Barnes And Noble for now when I want CDS. Not sure where to by blu-rays and DVDs from yet.
Old 02-22-19, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

I ordered a comic book that I needed to finish a set this week and paid double the face value to get it. Amazon decided to put it in one of those waterproof pouches instead of some tight cardboard like they would with a book. Needless to say, the comic - despite being boarded - arrived bent with a big crease down the middle. It's readable, but no longer collectible.

I complained to Amazon and they refunded my money, so kudos for that, but I just wonder what the thinking is by whomever packed this item...did they really think it was going to arrive at its destination undamaged?
I ordered two Black Panther Marvel Legends helmets from them a few weeks back for me and my friend. They shipped both together, but the box they used was huge!! It measured 32"x24"X18" and it was only the two helmets in the shipment. They just put the two helmet boxes inside the shipping box. They didn't use and packing material or anything to keep the products from bouncing around inside the box that was at least three times too large for the products. It looks like the product boxes were already damaged before they were even shipped as they had huge dents at the same part of the bottom of their boxes, but placing them into a shipping box too large doesn't help either. I didn't bother opening up the helmet boxes as they looked like they'd been stomped on by someone's foot. I just filed a return and sent them both back. If they send me garbage, they get it right back.
Old 02-22-19, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got my second shipment (first was from USPS this one from UPS) and only three of the four CD cases were destroyed.
Old 02-22-19, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

They were probably thinking that they didn’t want to get fired for not processing orders for shipment quickly enough.

The problem with Amazon is that “good, fast, and cheap — pick two” thing. They went with fast and cheap a long time ago. They want to get orders out of their warehouses as quickly and cheaply as possible, so they aren’t going to bother with secure packaging or quality control. Grab the item off of a shelf, drop it in a box or stuff it in an envelope, tape it up, and issue a lifetime ban on the customer if they want a refund for a damaged item.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 03-05-19 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-22-19, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Received my order today from Amazon via UPS and I noticed the box was re-taped by UPS. It seems during transit the back of the box opened up. The back flap of the box was taped wrong but none of the items in the box was missing. I bought two cleanser products and I always worry those come with spillage.
Old 02-27-19, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered a CD on Monday, to arrive on Thursday, Prime eligible. Of course they had the ability to get it to me by Wednesday, but it would've been extra
Old 02-27-19, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rjh_54
Ordered a CD on Monday, to arrive on Thursday, Prime eligible. Of course they had the ability to get it to me by Wednesday, but it would've been extra
Yeah. Apparently, it's only 2 days if it's in a warehouse near you. It's fucking bullshit.

Last edited by Viper187; 05-21-19 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-28-19, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

New Amazon feature to Prime:

Pretty cool for those parents that are not home on specific days.
Old 02-28-19, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

It's been available in a some markets for a while, I know it's been an option for me since November.

On the one hand, I can see the value in knowing exactly when your shipments are coming, plus they phrase it to make it look like they're saving the earth. On the other hand, this is only for Prime members and is absolutely a way for them to cut down on shipping costs.

As far as the PSN card thing goes, there must be a ton of fraud buying up PSN cards because my bank constantly flags me when I try to buy PSN cards too.
Old 02-28-19, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
It's been available in a some markets for a while, I know it's been an option for me since November.
Really? Are you sure because this was unveiled to the public today:

Starting Tuesday, all Prime members in the United States will be able to select a particular day to receive a week's worth of Amazon deliveries. After a Prime member enrolls in the "Amazon Day" service, Amazon will hold everything they order throughout the week, and it will deliver the items together on the customer's selected day.
Amazon's (AMZN) new feature could persuade customers who place multiple orders a week to receive them all together. The company said that could reduce the amount of shipping materials. It may also reduce the number of stops Amazon deliveries need to make.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/tech/...day/index.html

Old 02-28-19, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sonic
Really? Are you sure because this was unveiled to the public today:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/tech/...day/index.html
Yeah, it's been available to me since before Xmas. I just saw no point in intentionally delaying my orders when I pay for 2 day shipping.

https://www.cnet.com/news/new-amazon...et-deliveries/
Old 02-28-19, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Viper187
Yeah. Apparently, it's only 2 days if it's in a warehouse near you. It's fucking bullshit.
The thing is, it was in a warehouse by me. They just sat on the order for two days and shipped it on Wednesday, and of course when I opened the CD 90% of the center of the jewel case hub was broken so I had to swap it out with a new tray.
Old 02-28-19, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it's been available to me since before Xmas. I just saw no point in intentionally delaying my orders when I pay for 2 day shipping.

https://www.cnet.com/news/new-amazon...et-deliveries/
Ahh I see now, at the time it was invite only. Thanks for addressing I was a bit confused as to why they were announcing news again.
Old 03-01-19, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On the one hand, I can see the value in knowing exactly when your shipments are coming, plus they phrase it to make it look like they're saving the earth. On the other hand, this is only for Prime members and is absolutely a way for them to cut down on shipping costs.
It would seem to defeat the purpose in paying for 2 day Prime delivery service and then them only delivering your orders once per week. I wonder what happens if they miss or damage something on your order. Then you would have to wait another week at least to get the correct or undamaged product.

I also don't see how this really reduced the carbon footprint. Suppose both me and my neighbor have Amazon Prime and have packages delivered 5 times a week. If I opt for the once a week delivery and my neighbor doesn't; they are still passing by my house 5 times a week. They are only really saving on the labor cost of having the driver not have to walk to my doorstep 4 extra times. So they're really usingthe same amount of fuel either way.
Old 03-01-19, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by movieguru
It would seem to defeat the purpose in paying for 2 day Prime delivery service and then them only delivering your orders once per week. I wonder what happens if they miss or damage something on your order. Then you would have to wait another week at least to get the correct or undamaged product.

I also don't see how this really reduced the carbon footprint. Suppose both me and my neighbor have Amazon Prime and have packages delivered 5 times a week. If I opt for the once a week delivery and my neighbor doesn't; they are still passing by my house 5 times a week. They are only really saving on the labor cost of having the driver not have to walk to my doorstep 4 extra times. So they're really usingthe same amount of fuel either way.
For the first part, for now at least they are still allowing you to do regular prime delivery, this is just an option. There is benefit to those who are only home on the weekends and don't want packages stolen. But my suspicion is that they are rolling this out to try to force everyone onto it eventually under the guise of reducing the carbon footprint (which if everyone was on it, it would). Then they would tout that the other Prime benefits are still worth the subscription. I think they're a long ways from that because there would be a ton of backlash if they took away two day shipping, but we'll see. I would also assume that Saturday would be a super busy day for Amazon couriers if this takes off.

I still don't see how this cuts down on packaging waste, though. If your orders come from different warehouses, I assume they still ship out separately. They have this new "feature" where to cut down on shipping, you can delay orders so they come together, and frequently they still come in separate boxes, just on the same scheduled day. So it's basically the same thing, just saving them some money.
Old 03-01-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Since we have an area on the porch that's hidden from the street, there's almost always someone home when a delivery is made, and that they offer no perk other than a single delivery day, I don't normally use Amazon Day. I did use it a couple of times over the Christmas shopping season as that's the only way they'd deliver "Add on" items outside the normal minimum purchase requirement. I thought that might continue after the holiday season but it did not.

I see it being a good option for people in areas where porch theft is common. I'd still like to see them put some type of perk on the program. If they don't incentivize it I just don't see it being attractive to anyone else.
Old 03-01-19, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Since we have an area on the porch that's hidden from the street, there's almost always someone home when a delivery is made, and that they offer no perk other than a single delivery day, I don't normally use Amazon Day. I did use it a couple of times over the Christmas shopping season as that's the only way they'd deliver "Add on" items outside the normal minimum purchase requirement. I thought that might continue after the holiday season but it did not.

I see it being a good option for people in areas where porch theft is common. I'd still like to see them put some type of perk on the program. If they don't incentivize it I just don't see it being attractive to anyone else.
Oh, cool, you actually used it, did everything come in one box (or one delivery) or was it still multiple deliveries just on the same day?
Old 03-01-19, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For the first part, for now at least they are still allowing you to do regular prime delivery, this is just an option. There is benefit to those who are only home on the weekends and don't want packages stolen. But my suspicion is that they are rolling this out to try to force everyone onto it eventually under the guise of reducing the carbon footprint (which if everyone was on it, it would). Then they would tout that the other Prime benefits are still worth the subscription. I think they're a long ways from that because there would be a ton of backlash if they took away two day shipping, but we'll see. I would also assume that Saturday would be a super busy day for Amazon couriers if this takes off.

I still don't see how this cuts down on packaging waste, though. If your orders come from different warehouses, I assume they still ship out separately. They have this new "feature" where to cut down on shipping, you can delay orders so they come together, and frequently they still come in separate boxes, just on the same scheduled day. So it's basically the same thing, just saving them some money.
If they were to force the weekly only shipping, I'd imagine a lot of people would simply drop the Amazon Prime. The other perks are nice but not worth it alone. There would also be the potential for lost sales as well. Many people that are ordering from Amazon are doing so because they can get the items in a few days, as their prices are often more for Prime products. It could also take more than a week to get some of your orders. If your normal delivery day was a Saturday, and you ordered something on a Thursday, you likely would get it until the second Saturday.

But even still, it's not likely everyone on the same street will pick the same day, so the deliveries on many streets will still be made 6-7 days a week.
Old 03-05-19, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was just on my order page at amazon and on each order the "return or replace" button has disappeared. Any one else notice this?

Edit: nevermind, it must have just been a glitch because it is back now.
Old 03-05-19, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Oh, cool, you actually used it, did everything come in one box (or one delivery) or was it still multiple deliveries just on the same day?
Well... both times I used it it was for a single item that was "Add on" so, yes, "everything" (all one item) was in a single box each time.

They were allowing "Add on" items to ship with "Prime Day" shipping with no minimum amount during December (actually the entire time BB had their free shipping on anything promotion running) so I took advantage of it. I always use "No Rush shipping" on everything to get the $1 digital credits so haven't tried it with anything else as you can't earn those credits with "Prime Day" shipping.
Old 03-07-19, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I'd never had a complaint about the Amazon return process in nearly twenty years, but now I've had two issues in a row:

I returned a book with busted binding back in December. UPS tracking showed it was returned, but I waited two weeks before calling customer service to ask why I hadn't been refunded. They ended up issuing the amount as a courtesy credit (since I'd paid with a gift card, I didn't mind this), but the order page still incorrectly shows the return was not received.

Cut to this month, I was sent a defective charger (twice) and had to return it for a refund. It was delivered back to them over a week ago, but still no refund. In the past, they've usually issued it as soon as the package was scanned by UPS and en route back to their warehouse. There's also no holiday backup to account for this delay. Other than that screw up from December, it's never taken this long for them to process a refund.

Last edited by joe_b; 03-07-19 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-28-19, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cancelled Prime and since then all of my orders have come from everywhere other than Kentucky which is where I always had stuff shipped from before. So far every order has still arrived within two days and all in boxes. Some even have had the items bubble wrapped. Not a single shattered blu-ray, DVD or CD case.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.