Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-13, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by RonG617
Amazon has an A-Z guarentee so if you don't hear from the merchant, contact Amazon and they will give you a refund right away. PayPal is another story. Have had horrible experiences with them. Now if I have to use Paypal I have it linked to my credit card and dispute things through my personal card.
Updating my earlier post, I did get my money back, though I strongly suspect it was directly from Amazon.ca. I never heard from the seller, and many other buyers have been scammed by her. I Googled the name that appeared with the "shipment" email, and it turns out she was in prison for something.
Old 11-26-13, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevevt
I guess I could complain about the CSR's name, but I think it's awesome so I'll refrain.
It's one of the best names I've ever heard.
Old 11-28-13, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

I love Amazon.com. I've ordered from all of their online websites for over a decade. And I have always been most impressed with Amazon.co.uk. until recently. I could order anything from them and got it within 7 days. Most of the time, 5 days after I ordered. Without paying extra shipping. I'll admit, I got completely spoiled with their turn around. But lately, it can take 3-4 weeks to get myorder. I purchased two small items on 11/10 with a 11/20 delivery date. And still haven't received anything. And everything I ordered was in stock prior to me purchasing. I don't know what's going on with them latey but, night and day.
Old 11-29-13, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Amazon is starting to piss me off. Am I the only one who saw Dead Island Riptide listed on the games calendar for black friday week for 9:10am PST today? It never showed up on the lightning deals list. I refreshed the calender at the time, and it even said there was 1:57 left on the deal, but it wasn't in the goddamn lightning deals listing before, during, or after. I emailed Amazon and they're just dicking me around.

Me:

The calender (http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=node=80...reative=390957) showed Dead Island Riptide being a lightning deal for 9:10PT today, claims it's active for 2 hours, but it's not showing in the lightning deals list at all. What gives? It wasn't in the list before or during like other deals. I was expecting that to match NewEgg's $9.99 price. Was there an error?
Amazon:
I'm sorry you had trouble purchasing the Lightning Deal for the item due to website issues.
I'd love to help, but I couldn't find the exact item you asked about. I'll need more information to locate the item on our website and answer your questions:

1. Complete name of the item.
2. ASIN or ISBN (you can find it in the Product Details section of the item detail page).
3. URL of the product detail page
4. The seller you're interested in purchasing the item from (optional)

Please write us back with the ASIN number of the item so that we could assist you further. Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:
I wrote back with the exact item number and said NewEgg had run it for $9.99. How am I supposed to know what Amazon's intended price was since it never came up?

Hello,
I understand that you want to know whether the lighting deal is available for this item. I'll look into the matter.

Unfortunately, without knowing the exact details of the promotion, we are unable to investigate further.

Please write back with specific details of the problems you encountered and any specific details of the promotion you were attempting to use. Some details we would like to have are:

- The URL or directions to where the promotional offer was located on Amazon.com.
- Any dates listed within the offer.
- The product category the offer is related to.
- The name of any specific items eligible for the offer.
- And, any other specific details of the offer you can locate.
WTF else am I supposed to say!?

---------------------------------------------
Update
---------------------------------------------

Me:
I already explained this. The holiday deals calender for VIDEO GAMES here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=node=80...reative=390957

listed all the lightning deals for the week with the times they start. It had Dead Island Riptide (Special Edition) for Xbox 360 (B00886WO5W) starting at 9:10am PST. no price listed. It never showed up on the lightning deals list in the goldbox on the black friday deals week page though. I mentioned NewEgg had run it for $9.99, so that's kind of what I expected the lightning deal to end up being. NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874165024

I even refreshed the deals calendar a few minutes after it was supposed to start to see if I was missing something. It still showed Dead Island Riptide and said there was an almost 2 hours left on the deal, but the price never changed all day. Never showed up in the gold box itself. etc.

Again, this Xbox360 game: http://www.amazon.com/Island-Riptide...dp/B00886WO5W/

I don't know what other details I can give you.
Amazon:
Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.com.

On checking our website, I see the item was expired from the lightning deal. I'm sorry about it.

I need to look into the problem with the deal, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information

Last edited by Viper187; 11-29-13 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-03-13, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I had an annoying experience tonight. I bought some gifts for Christmas. Particularly, the Bob Marley box set, "The Songs of Freedom". When I bought it last night it was $36.99. Today, the price dropped to $29.99. I called customer service and asked if I can get a price adjustment. I've never had any problems doing this in the past, but the rep said he can not do it and recommended that I cancel my entire order and rebuy everything to get the price difference. Why they wouldn't make my shopping experience easier is beyond me.
Old 12-03-13, 05:10 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
I had an annoying experience tonight. I bought some gifts for Christmas. Particularly, the Bob Marley box set, "The Songs of Freedom". When I bought it last night it was $36.99. Today, the price dropped to $29.99. I called customer service and asked if I can get a price adjustment. I've never had any problems doing this in the past, but the rep said he can not do it and recommended that I cancel my entire order and rebuy everything to get the price difference. Why they wouldn't make my shopping experience easier is beyond me.
call again, get another CSR.
Old 12-03-13, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I just gave up, canceled my order, and re-bought everything. I knew I was in trouble when the rep told me he was in the Philippines. I had no idea Amazon started outsourcing their calls. The rep was a nice guy but I can tell he wasn't grasping the whole situation with my intention of shipping dates, free shipping, grouping all my items together, etc etc.
Old 12-03-13, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
I just gave up, canceled my order, and re-bought everything. I knew I was in trouble when the rep told me he was in the Philippines. I had no idea Amazon started outsourcing their calls. The rep was a nice guy but I can tell he wasn't grasping the whole situation with my intention of shipping dates, free shipping, grouping all my items together, etc etc.
Yeah. That's bullshit. I'm shopping at an American owned retailer, paying American sales tax with American money. I expect to deal fucking Americans when I have ordering issues!!! You should not be allowed to outsource customer service. And people wonder why there's no fucking jobs anymore. Fuck factory work. Let the little Asian kids or whoever do it for $1/hour. I don't care. Problem is, they're not happy just saving money on labor for making shit. They're outsourcing everything customer service related, and they use cheap fuckin parts for everything so it doesn't work worth a shit! Debt collectors don't have any problem employing Americans to harass you on the phone. I know someone who works for one.
Old 12-03-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 898 Likes on 722 Posts

Wow, even I'm not that pissed off at Amazon yet... and I'm pretty pissed off.

Your point about paying American sales tax and therefore expecting US-based customer service is absolutely correct, though. Paying the 9.75% sales tax pisses me off to no end.
Old 12-03-13, 09:46 PM
Cool New Member

Today, I got emails about my 1st Amazon order from last week. Email #1 - the package was undeliverable and Email #2 I received a refund for my items in that order.

I knew my address wasn't bad but called the Post Office anyway to make sure they hadn't sent anything back. They hadn't, so I contacted Amazon and they said that it was "lost in transit" and that they couldn't make a replacement order because the refund completed/closed that order. However, I could place a new order and select 1-day shipping then message them and they'd refund that.

That really doesn't help because everything jumped up in price varying from $1-$10. So I contacted them again requesting they price adjust a new order based on the previous order's prices and I am not concerned with shipping speed. If not, I am not reordering.
Old 12-05-13, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viper187
Yeah. That's bullshit. I'm shopping at an American owned retailer, paying American sales tax with American money. I expect to deal fucking Americans when I have ordering issues!!! You should not be allowed to outsource customer service. And people wonder why there's no fucking jobs anymore. Fuck factory work. Let the little Asian kids or whoever do it for $1/hour. I don't care. Problem is, they're not happy just saving money on labor for making shit. They're outsourcing everything customer service related, and they use cheap fuckin parts for everything so it doesn't work worth a shit! Debt collectors don't have any problem employing Americans to harass you on the phone. I know someone who works for one.
Ease up there, Scooter. AZ just opened a call center in my hometown in KY recently. It'll be OK.
Old 12-06-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Well, I am thinking I owe Amazon a big thank you for raising shipping prices. I was close to placing 4 orders within the last week and was deterred by the shipping. If this is their way of becoming more profitable, it is certainly backfiring in my case. For someone placing a big order, it is not a big deal, but for myself, I struggled to meet the $25 but always added extra items. Now, I talk myself out of it and just give up on the orders. I will be doing more price matching and using my red card for free shipping from Target.
I agree. I was going to post a similar thing. But I found yours first. Now i'm debating on canceling my order over this.
Old 12-06-13, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

So I noticed packages scheduled for delivery on Sunday now. Too bad it's coming to the office...
Old 12-08-13, 09:48 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

First problem with Lasership. Been out for delivery for 3 days now. Don't think I am getting it. Amazon already sending out a replacement.
Old 12-09-13, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
So I noticed packages scheduled for delivery on Sunday now. Too bad it's coming to the office...
So Sunday delivery to the office means that there's nobody to sign for it, and it sits in the post office until I manually tell them to redeliver. So yeah, not the greatest experience for my setup, more of a hassle really.
Old 12-10-13, 08:11 PM
Banned

WTF!? I ordered the Slinger BD from Amazon.de and shelled out for the Amazon Global shipping, which was stated as 5-10 days or something. It shipped the 6th, and it's still sitting in some distribution center. Estimated delivery is the 23rd. What the shit!? I didn't spend 20 fucking dollars on shipping to wait 3 weeks for it. Amazon UK stuff used to come in a week with standard shipping for christ sake. Why the fuck did Grooves-inc's inventory go to shit? I much preferred ordering German titles there.
Old 12-11-13, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by RonG617
First problem with Lasership. Been out for delivery for 3 days now. Don't think I am getting it. Amazon already sending out a replacement.
Could it be weather related? I have a non-Amazon package sitting in a trailer at the local UPS facility since yesterday morning.
Network disruption due to prior weather conditions, check ups.com for further updates.

Also, I got my first Amazon Sunday delivery this past weekend. Or, rather, my parents did.
Old 12-13-13, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Ordered $200 worth of blu-rays for a gift for a birthday on Saturday Dec 14 so I placed the order on Thursday Dec 12 and paid $10 for overnight delivery for Friday Dec 13. Just got an email from UPS that amazon didn't get the shipping info to them in time so now the package won't be here until Monday or Tuesday.
Old 12-13-13, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

That's why I never pay for shipping. I always have 35-50 unwatched blu-rays that need too be watched and there is nothing new that I need too watch right away.

I order gifts a month early and ship them as soon as I get them.
Old 12-16-13, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered something for a friend on the 10th with my 2 day prime shipping.. it MIGHT arrive tomorrow. It took Amazon 3 days to ship it out and now UPS is taking forever.
Old 12-18-13, 06:54 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm having trouble with a delivery by the post office last sunday from amazon. It shows delivered on sunday and I never got anything. Who is the post office using to deliver? It must not be the regular crew because I rarely have problems with them. It's like 50 dollars worth of stuff gone missing. Most everything I got around black friday from them that I waited for them to deliver. And it evaporates in thin air.
Old 12-18-13, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

"deliveries are not done on weekends" is Amazon's reasoning that an order using 2-Day prime shipping has taken 7 days to arrive.

WHAT.
Old 12-19-13, 09:57 AM
Banned

My current tracking from Amazon.de: "The transportation service provider has reworked the show. The package is being shipped."

WTF is that shit? I ordered it the 6th and it hasn't even left Germany yet. Fucking Amazon Global is stated at 5-10 days. I'll be emailing to bitch for a shipping refund if it ever shows up. I don't care if they speak english or not. This is ridiculous.
Old 12-19-13, 05:26 PM
Cool New Member

I hate their $35 minimum for free shipping and taxes. I haven't shopped at Amazon for almost a year because of this crap.
Old 12-19-13, 05:39 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by g
I'm having trouble with a delivery by the post office last sunday from amazon. It shows delivered on sunday and I never got anything. Who is the post office using to deliver? It must not be the regular crew because I rarely have problems with them. It's like 50 dollars worth of stuff gone missing. Most everything I got around black friday from them that I waited for them to deliver. And it evaporates in thin air.
The post office is using non-career employees to work on Sunday and holidays. They are called assistant city carriers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.