Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-23, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Just noticed that Amazon Wishlists appear to no longer show "Added on MM/DD/YYYY" for items. I actually used that feature to see how up-to-date my "Friends" wishlists are.
Old 11-02-23, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 773 Posts

Maybe take that as a sign to stop buying things for random e-girls (which is what I assume you mean by "friends".)
The following users liked this post:
Why So Blu? (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lol yeah. Never random, my profligate Amazon spending is always with purpose
Actually they're the lists of my wife, my sister in law, and my brother.
The wish list sections are "yours" and "Friends".
Old 11-02-23, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
In weird instances like that where what happened isn't in a drop-down menu, you can always call them and talk to a person and explain.
I hate talking to customer service reps on the phone. I'm glad the chatbot was able to handle it.
Old 11-03-23, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,984 Likes on 2,035 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyc3742
Lol yeah. Never random, my profligate Amazon spending is always with purpose
Actually they're the lists of my wife, my sister in law, and my brother.
The wish list sections are "yours" and "Friends".
Yeah, Amazon Wishlists can act as a standing gift registry for people you know IRL.

And not just Suicidegirls.

Old 11-05-23, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,923 Likes on 2,799 Posts

I bought the 4K disc of Creed 3 last Sunday. Should have arrived on Tuesday in theory. But, look at this long and convoluted journey it's been through.

And it just arrived in California today, where I am it.

Sunday, November 5
3:27 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
Ontario, CA US

Saturday, November 4
5:41 AM
Package left the carrier facility.
Louisville, KY US

Friday, November 3
11:45 PM
Louisville, KY US

5:00 PM
Package delayed in transit

11:34 AM
Louisville, KY US

9:23 AM
Sharonville, OH US

5:08 AM
Sharonville, OH US

2:09 AM
Maumee, OH US

12:21 AM
Maumee, OH US

Thursday, November 2
10:59 PM
Livonia, MI US

5:30 PM
Livonia, MI US
Carrier picked up the package.
US

Tuesday, October 31
6:56 PM
Possible delay in delivery.
Plymouth, Michigan US

5:03 PM
Plymouth, Michigan US

4:46 PM
Plymouth, Michigan US

4:34 PM
Plymouth, Michigan US

4:09 PM
Plymouth, Michigan US

3:34 AM
Package left an Amazon facility.
Crest Hill, ILLINOIS US

Monday, October 30
11:02 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility.
Crest Hill, ILLINOIS US
Carrier picked up the package.
Old 11-06-23, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 731 Likes on 523 Posts

That looks like many of my deliveries where the USPS is involved. I live ~65 miles from a major Amazon warehouse and the USPS regional depot is in that same city (a different state than where I live). I've had packages go in the opposite direction before turning around and coming back. I've had them go to my state capitol, back to the depot, and then come to me. And sometimes I'll order something today and get it tomorrow (which *should* be normal for *any* USPS delivery to me). I don't know what kind of "logistics" they're using but it's *highly* flawed.
Old 11-17-23, 07:18 AM

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Not a complaint, but not sure where else to put this. I bought 7 new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 units for work on Sunday for $120 each amd now they're $100 each today. Is there any way to get a refund of the $140 total difference?
Old 11-17-23, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Not a complaint, but not sure where else to put this. I bought 7 new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 units for work on Sunday for $120 each amd now they're $100 each today. Is there any way to get a refund of the $140 total difference?
You can ask Amazon but especially around this time they usually tell you to send the ones you bought back and repurchase them. Sometimes you get lucky with the rep though.
Old 11-17-23, 08:07 AM

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Yikes. I spent my entire work day yesterday (which cost us more than $140) setting them all up for the team that needs them.
Old 11-17-23, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story
Yikes. I spent my entire work day yesterday (which cost us more than $140) setting them all up for the team that needs them.
I'd contact them and see if telling them you'll return without re-buying if they don't credit the difference works. I'd imagine they'd rather give you the credit than take back a bunch of opened tablets.
ctyankee (11-17-23)
Old 11-17-23, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 578 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I'd contact them and see if telling them you'll return without re-buying if they don't credit the difference works. I'd imagine they'd rather give you the credit than take back a bunch of opened tablets.
Per Amazon policy the tablets have to be in a new unopened condition for full return.

Story, you can always try via chat but Amazon has always been quite clear on post sale price matching. They just won't do it.
Old 11-17-23, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
Per Amazon policy the tablets have to be in a new unopened condition for full return.

Story, you can always try via chat but Amazon has always been quite clear on post sale price matching. They just won't do it.
Unless the barcodes are exposed for separate scanning, he can return the ones he rebuys for the higher return price, can't he?
Old 11-17-23, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 578 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Unless the barcodes are exposed for separate scanning, he can return the ones he rebuys for the higher return price, can't he?
Best Buy has been scanning serial numbers for years to stop that... I would assume Amazon does something similar.
Old 11-17-23, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meathead
Best Buy has been scanning serial numbers for years to stop that... I would assume Amazon does something similar.
They definitely don't. That would require far too much effort than it's worth for the amount of business they conduct. Every rep at every distribution center would need to have scanners available and know what to scan and what not to scan and how to scan it.

Last edited by Noonan; 11-17-23 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-17-23, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yes, he can, unless Amazon recorded the serial numbers, which they sometimes do for high-fraud electronics. Look in your Order Details. It should say right under the item: "Serial numbers: XXXXXXX"

For example, this is what my iPad order earlier this year looks like:

If your order details doesn't list serial numbers, then that means Amazon doesn't record them for that product, and you're good to go to buy 7 at the lower price, and return them for the higher-priced order.
Old 11-19-23, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 302 Likes on 222 Posts

Received a strange order from Amazon today. I had a large box sitting on my doorstep. It was addressed to me and delivered from Amazon. It had three large 27"x40" poster frames in the box. I checked my order history and the accounts of my wife and daughter and there's no matching order on any of our accounts. I called Amazon and they said someone ordered them from their account to be sent to me but they couldn't tell me who the person was that sent them to me. The frames are about $40 each on Amazon, so it was a $120 order. I can't figure out why someone would send me these.
Old 11-19-23, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 650 Likes on 395 Posts

You will probably be getting some posters next and then be expected to take them and have them professionally framed. Then someone will knock on your door to collect them.
Old 11-19-23, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They used to have an official policy about 'post order price matching' - once in the 30 days after you received something, you could submit for a refund of the difference if the price dropped. They removed that official policy a few years ago. Now you are reliant on the kindness of Customer Service.
Old 11-19-23, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 908 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
Received a strange order from Amazon today. I had a large box sitting on my doorstep. It was addressed to me and delivered from Amazon. It had three large 27"x40" poster frames in the box. I checked my order history and the accounts of my wife and daughter and there's no matching order on any of our accounts. I called Amazon and they said someone ordered them from their account to be sent to me but they couldn't tell me who the person was that sent them to me. The frames are about $40 each on Amazon, so it was a $120 order. I can't figure out why someone would send me these.
Easy, the AI wants to run up your credit bill. Do you have Alexa perhaps?
Old 11-19-23, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 396 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
I imagine someone shipped you a gift from Amazon in the past, which could have been their most recent Amazon purchase. They ordered the frames, but forgot to switch the last used shipping address.

Old 11-19-23, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I imagine someone shipped you a gift from Amazon in the past, which could have been their most recent Amazon purchase. They ordered the frames, but forgot to switch the last used shipping address.
I figured it out. I do some rep work for a marketing company. They sent me the frames for a press movie screening tomorrow. They sent the posters that will go in them to someone else, so I have to meet up with them to put the posters in the frames. They usually let me know when they're sending me something but must have forgot. I was thinking I might have accidentally ordered them because I had some frames saved under my wish list, but I checked under all my accounts and I hadn't ordered any.
MLBFan24 (11-20-23)
Old 11-20-23, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 396 Likes on 302 Posts

see, I was spot on
Old 11-21-23, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
see, I was spot on
At first one of them said they didn't send me anything. Then someone else in the organization realized that they did indeed send me something. I was confused. i was more concerned it was some type of weird scam, but couldn't figure out what the point would be.
MLBFan24 (11-22-23)
Old 11-22-23, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 650 Likes on 395 Posts

I received an email from amazon customer service ten days ago stating they were locking my account due to suspected fraud. The email said that it would be unlocked if I could answer some securtity questions. The first question was what is the expiration date on the credit card on the account, I would enter it and then it would send me a link in my email to put a code in. I put the code in and then the same security question popped up, I answere it and then another email code was sent. this went on in an endless loop so I called customer service. Naturally I get a rep who can't speak English to where I can understand them and they can't understand what I am saying to them. After the hundredth try of telling the rep my email address which they kept getting wrong they told me to call back later. I sent them a few emails and they would link me to the same security question fiasco. I finally called them back and cursed at the rep on the other end and then received an email that my account had been closed. I emailed the Better Business Burea two days ago and stated that if the account was going to be closed i wanted a refund for the hundreds of dollars worth of Kindle content that I could no longer access. I just got an email ten minutes ago that the account has been reopened and I was able to log on and change my password. All of my content and past orders are there. Fucking idiots.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.