Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 02-15-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Kmical
More of a USPS problem than an Amazon problem, but here's what I found when checking an order status today:

Sounds like it's doubly not Amazon's problem if you bought it from a marketplace seller.
Old 02-15-13, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just found out that Amazon discontinued their long-running 4-for-3 promotion on Books.

http://www.amazon.com/Promotional-It...node=108183011

Of course I'd been putting off paperback orders for awhile in favor of some other "necessities" (mostly movies and TV shows), so there are 5 books I would've had for free under the old program that I can now pay full, or close to full, price for (with tax). I too often buy the product that will stay on sale (or in print) and instead wait on those that are soon going OOP, or won't be on sale again anytime soon. *sigh*
Old 02-16-13, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
More and more of my Prime stuff is coming via USPS. I'll have something sitting in the mailbox for days and forget that I ordered it. Not the same "Christmas" feeling I get when I come home and see a package at my door.

Still having a problem with my post office not leaving large packages at my door even though they are marked "leave if no response" or something like that. No worse way to spend a Saturday morning than at the Post Office.
There are rumors that Amazon is seriously considering dropping UPS and strictly using the US Postal Service as their Prime delivery service for anything beyond One-day shipping. As a Prime member myself, they've started to drastically increase its usage in Prime deliveries to me lately. The only benefit for using the Postal Service's sporadic service is that Amazon appears to package media items much better when they ship it by USPS, using actual stiff cardboard packaging.
Old 02-18-13, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmical
More of a USPS problem than an Amazon problem, but here's what I found when checking an order status today:

Update:

The shipping detail now shows the package arrived at the USPS distribution center in TOWN CREEK, AL. It should have gone to the USPS distribution center in OAK CREEK, WI.

"Yeah, they both have the word Creek in them. Let's flip a coin and see where we can send it ..."
Old 02-18-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 101 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Sounds like it's doubly not Amazon's problem if you bought it from a marketplace seller.
Worst case is I'm out my $0.97
Old 02-18-13, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I just found out that Amazon discontinued their long-running 4-for-3 promotion on Books.

http://www.amazon.com/Promotional-It...node=108183011

Of course I'd been putting off paperback orders for awhile in favor of some other "necessities" (mostly movies and TV shows), so there are 5 books I would've had for free under the old program that I can now pay full, or close to full, price for (with tax). I too often buy the product that will stay on sale (or in print) and instead wait on those that are soon going OOP, or won't be on sale again anytime soon. *sigh*
I had some cheap books in my shopping cart waiting till I collected a quantity of four (sort of like how I used to do Super Saver Shipping before I got Prime), including a present for my kid's birthday in March. I guess Amazon is trying to get me to shop local.
Old 02-19-13, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Not sure if I posted this one before or not but Amazon is now shipping all of your Subsribe and Save items out on a single day instead of when you order them. Problem is if I find a deal on something today and set it up for S&S it won't ship in my case until the 18th of the month. If they don't have that item in stock on the 18th of the month then too bad. You'll eventually get it for the original price but it would be so much simpler if they just shipped it out when you ordered it and they had it in stock.
Old 02-19-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
There are rumors that Amazon is seriously considering dropping UPS and strictly using the US Postal Service as their Prime delivery service for anything beyond One-day shipping. As a Prime member myself, they've started to drastically increase its usage in Prime deliveries to me lately. The only benefit for using the Postal Service's sporadic service is that Amazon appears to package media items much better when they ship it by USPS, using actual stiff cardboard packaging.
That and stuff may show up Saturday
Old 02-19-13, 05:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Amazon is trying out the USPS in a higher capacity. A permanent deal is contingent on the post office delivering and scanning at a 97% rate or above.
Old 02-19-13, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by RonG617
Amazon is trying out the USPS in a higher capacity. A permanent deal is contingent on the post office delivering and scanning at a 97% rate or above.
I actually thought you were going to say "staying in business."
Old 02-19-13, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd prefer UPS, Fedex, Lasership, or anybody but DHL to USPS. Impossible to track and for me personally it's a crap shoot on whether they'll leave my package.
Old 03-11-13, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone know anything about postage going up a buck on reseller stuff in the near future? I was looking at second market items the other day and one of the sellers stated shipping would be going up to $4 soon. Not sure if it was just him raising his postage, him adding pressure to buy his stuff now or if it was going to be everyone. I couldn't find the comment again so maybe I misread their comment.
Old 03-11-13, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza
Anyone know anything about postage going up a buck on reseller stuff in the near future? I was looking at second market items the other day and one of the sellers stated shipping would be going up to $4 soon. Not sure if it was just him raising his postage, him adding pressure to buy his stuff now or if it was going to be everyone. I couldn't find the comment again so maybe I misread their comment.
It is going up a dollar on April 24. Same goes to expedited shipping.
Old 03-12-13, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by sandman007
It is going up a dollar on April 24. Same goes to expedited shipping.
Thanks for verifying. Sort of a big jump percentage wise. I tend to buy cheap CDs and singles for a couple of bucks so $4 postage adds a slight pinch to the total price.
Old 03-12-13, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pizza
Thanks for verifying. Sort of a big jump percentage wise. I tend to buy cheap CDs and singles for a couple of bucks so $4 postage adds a slight pinch to the total price.
From what I've heard it's because Amazon is raising their closing fee another $0.55 (they're getting a bigger cut of the sale).
Old 03-12-13, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

As a seller, I'm OK with it because I always take a hit on the shipping. As a buyer, I try to go for Amazon-fulfilled but will not be crazy about the extra buck for other purchases.
Old 03-13-13, 08:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My Amazon Prime service has really gone downhill and practically worthless now. I use to get new release video games on release day. Last week, I pre-ordered Tomb Raider, and it did not deliver until Thursday that week. Same thing this week with God of War. I placed an order last night ,and it still has not shipped. This isn't 2 day delivery anymore.

But even more annoying, for some reason, UPS is now requiring that I sign for the packages. So that means I have to wait another day since they always come when I'm at work. I left a signed note on my door, and the damn delivery driver still did not leave my package. I finally had to drive 40 miles to the UPS office to get my package. I was pissed and talked to a supervisor. He told me it's Amazon's fault as they are requiring that I sign in person. I called Amazon, and they said it was UPS fault. I don't what to do at this point. I can't afford to drive 40 miles every time to get my package.
Old 03-13-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
My Amazon Prime service has really gone downhill and practically worthless now. I use to get new release video games on release day. Last week, I pre-ordered Tomb Raider, and it did not deliver until Thursday that week. Same thing this week with God of War. I placed an order last night ,and it still has not shipped. This isn't 2 day delivery anymore.

I had the same issue with a wreck it ralph preorder. For whatever reason, their system didn't change my preorder to release day delivery. Did you make the cut off for Thursday delivery when you ordered God of War last night?

I don't know about the signature thing. I know UPS sometimes adds it to places where packages go missing / get stolen. If you check the tracking # does it say signature required for all your amazon orders?
Old 03-13-13, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have the signing issue but with USPS even though the packages clearly say to leave if no response. I wish my stuff still came UPS or FedEx.
Old 03-14-13, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
I have the signing issue but with USPS even though the packages clearly say to leave if no response. I wish my stuff still came UPS or FedEx.
I called Amazon CS, and the lady told me that she has been receiving some other complaints about the same problem so maybe it is an issue.

Sure enough, damn driver did not leave my God of War today because I was not there to sign for it. UPS says it is up to the driver's discretion whether to leave the package or not so I don't know what to do at this point.
Old 03-14-13, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But even more annoying, for some reason, UPS is now requiring that I sign for the packages. So that means I have to wait another day since they always come when I'm at work. I left a signed note on my door, and the damn delivery driver still did not leave my package. I finally had to drive 40 miles to the UPS office to get my package. I was pissed and talked to a supervisor. He told me it's Amazon's fault as they are requiring that I sign in person. I called Amazon, and they said it was UPS fault. I don't what to do at this point. I can't afford to drive 40 miles every time to get my package.
Huh. I haven't heard of this. We've gotten a few packages through UPS recently, and they just left it at the door...
Old 03-15-13, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
Huh. I haven't heard of this. We've gotten a few packages through UPS recently, and they just left it at the door...
It started two weeks ago for me. I checked the note on my door last night, and sure enough, they checked the box that said I had to sign in person. How do they expect ppl to get their packages when they come by at 2pm only on weekdays?
Old 03-15-13, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It started two weeks ago for me. I checked the note on my door last night, and sure enough, they checked the box that said I had to sign in person. How do they expect ppl to get their packages when they come by at 2pm only on weekdays?
I actually wish UPS / Fedex would come to my house before 4PM. They always come at around 6PM / 7PM. During the holidays it's sometimes as late as 8:30PM.
Old 03-15-13, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a cheap DVD from Amazon and expected two day shipping as per my Prime membership, but instead I got an estimate of four weeks! When I inquired why, an East Indian rep told me it was because the item was out of stock. I told him it was in stock when I ordered it. He said he was on the page for the item and it clearly said it was out of stock. I went to the page and it clearly said IN STOCK. He apologized and said he misread it and sent the item to me overnight. ???
Old 03-17-13, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 895 Likes on 720 Posts

Woah, this "dollar rise" of shipping came out of nowhere. Does this now mean books will cost $4.99 for the Media Mail rate, while DVDs will cost $3.99? That's frightening, and provides even less impetus to buy the cheaper DVDs and books there. Your "penny" book will suddenly cost $5? Especially irksome because Amazon does not give a discount on shipping if ordering multiple items from the same Marketplace seller.

Hopefully I'm wrong, or they'll start offering the multiple-item discount? Anyone know?

Back to my Friends library bookroom where I can pick up *ten* books for what it probably will cost to buy one $0.01 book on Amazon in a month...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.