Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Target and why I will never shop there again

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Target and why I will never shop there again

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-11, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target and why I will never shop there again

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So you tried to scam Target and they said No? Awww.
HA! Funny guy...I don't see how returning an UNOPENED game for a different 1 with exact SAME retail price is a scam...but ok
Old 11-19-11, 02:12 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
HA! Funny guy...I don't see how returning an UNOPENED game for a different 1 with exact SAME retail price is a scam...but ok
It is. It was a special deal for that one week. Not the next.
Old 11-19-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
Forget about this sale, what if the game you bought was just on sale for $39.99. Would you think that you could exchange it a week later for a $59.99 game just because it has the same retail price?
Old 11-19-11, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

DVDTalk - turning threads around on the OP for over a decade. Love it!
Old 11-20-11, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by BravesMG
Forget about this sale, what if the game you bought was just on sale for $39.99. Would you think that you could exchange it a week later for a $59.99 game just because it has the same retail price?
No, but the way the promotion is worded, it seemed like I was paying full price for 2 of the games while getting the 3rd 1 free. I just learned yesterday that they divided the price amongst all three...If it was presented to me that way I wouldn't have been upset by it. Also, I was still treated as a thief /liar, and I gotta say I wasn't too fond of that
Old 11-20-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much does it say on your receipt that the game you wanted to exchange cost?
Old 11-20-11, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
How much does it say on your receipt that the game you wanted to exchange cost?
It said $59.99 as the price, but under it said refund price $39.99. I was under the impression that I could exchange it for a $59 game since that's the actual price, but if I wanted my money back(which I didn't) I would get the $39...also it was just a messed up situation because the receipt says "PS3 game" instead of what you actually purchased, so it was a HUGE ordeal because they thought I was lying.
Old 11-20-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^The problem with doing the exchange is that they have to "refund" the original and ring up the replacement to keep the inventory correct. Because of that they'll only be able to give you the "refund price" rather than the "normal" price because of the way their system does these deals.
Old 11-20-11, 11:31 PM

The best way to do this deal, is make sure you get 3 games you want. End of story. The poilcy is for a refund you must bring all 3 back, not just 1 or 2. My reciept actually had that disclaimer. I like these deals when I want a few games. I got Gears 3, Arkham City, and Rage.
Old 11-21-11, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^The problem with doing the exchange is that they have to "refund" the original and ring up the replacement to keep the inventory correct. Because of that they'll only be able to give you the "refund price" rather than the "normal" price because of the way their system does these deals.
Noone ever told me that, but now I know.
Originally Posted by Kguy1326
The best way to do this deal, is make sure you get 3 games you want. End of story. The poilcy is for a refund you must bring all 3 back, not just 1 or 2. My reciept actually had that disclaimer. I like these deals when I want a few games. I got Gears 3, Arkham City, and Rage.
Correct and they said I could bring all three back, but 1 had already been opened which I was told would be a problem, sooo I'll just sell the 1 I don't want. I see it's going for $67 plus tax, so I'm not worried
Old 11-21-11, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

The problem with the Battlefield LE is that it's the same price, etc. as the "non-LE" game, just limited. So I could see the problem with them thinking that it was a different game that they don't sell. On the plus side, it should be worth more, at least in the short term, for someone who wanted the extra maps but missed it.

They should have easily been able to scan the game and seen that it's the same thing on the receipt. But yeah, you were only going to get the 39.99 back. So given that it was your misreading of the policy, are you still going to boycott Target? Because the places where you can walk away pleased every time from a customer service desk are few and far between. Amazon has been great, but take advantage too many times and they ban you!
Old 11-21-11, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
They should have easily been able to scan the game and seen that it's the same thing on the receipt. But yeah, you were only going to get the 39.99 back. So given that it was your misreading of the policy, are you still going to boycott Target? Because the places where you can walk away pleased every time from a customer service desk are few and far between. Amazon has been great, but take advantage too many times and they ban you!
The receipt showed the regular edition, and they REALLY had a hard time believing me. They should just put the upc code on the receipt instead of this # that's nowhere on the case. Yea I'll still shop there since I understand things a little more.
Old 12-02-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Target has one of the best return policy. Today I returned some items without receipt because I lost it. Since I used their card, it took less than 30 seconds for the transaction and didn't give me a hard time.

Wal-Mart on the other hand was a different story. I had the receipt but wanted a gift card because my credit card was closed for what seemed like a "fraudulent" transaction. Almost everyone acted like I was ripping them off because I wanted a gc instead of credit back. I explained to them calmly what happened and the ordeal took about 20 minutes for a $7 item. If I knew it was going to take that long, I would've just kept the item. But I guess they get scammed a lot so I understood where they were coming from.
Old 12-02-11, 09:39 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
DVDTalk - turning threads around on the OP for over a decade. Love it!
this
Old 12-04-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm still upset about their policy against free slurpee refills.