Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New eBay seller policies - Auction listings now free & Final Fee includes shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New eBay seller policies - Auction listings now free & Final Fee includes shipping

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New eBay seller policies - Auction listings now free & Final Fee includes shippin

Originally Posted by kevin75
Where can I find those minimum selling standards?
They wouldn't tell me, just that I am. You would think that as of now 50 Positives and 0 negatives would be within in the standards.

Edit, i guess you can check this in your dash, here's the email

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Several weeks ago, we wrote to tell you about coming updates that may affect your selling. This is a reminder to take action now to make sure you're ready.

Update to the way sellers below eBay's minimum performance standards are paid through PayPal

Starting May 31, sellers who fall below eBay's minimum performance standards may have their buyer payments show as pending in their PayPal account for a period of time to help ensure successful fulfillment.

Your account was below the minimum standard as of this writing. If you're subject to this update, you'll be notified when you list and you'll receive an email notification from PayPal when your funds are pending. You'll also find information in My eBay showing the estimated date funds will be available and steps you can take to help get your funds faster.

What you need to do:

Stay on top of your status in your Seller Dashboard.
Follow best practices to get above standard.
Always upload tracking information to eBay and ship the same day the buyer pays to have your funds available faster. Note if you print shipping labels on eBay or PayPal, tracking information is uploaded automatically and funds will be available for shipping.
Category and item specifics changes

Note that the final group of category and item specifics changes is going live this week. Find out if your categories are affected.

Get details on the 2011 Spring Seller Update. Use the Seller Checklist to stay on top of important dates. For more insight, visit the archived webinar held several weeks ago on these updates.

As always, we appreciate your selling on eBay.

Your eBay seller team
Here is what mine looks like

eller performance numbers
Updated daily
Transactions: 33
See your reports
Average detailed seller ratings Your average Low ratings
(1s and 2s)
Item as described 5.00 0.00% (0)
Communication 5.00 0.00% (0)
Shipping time 5.00 0.00% (0)
Shipping and handling charges 4.96 0.00% (0)

Buyer Protection cases Your percentage (count)
Opened cases 0.00% (0)
Closed cases without seller resolution 0.00% (0)
Old 05-13-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Re: New eBay seller policies - Auction listings now free & Final Fee includes shippin

sellers who fall below eBay's minimum performance standards = anyone who isn't a "Power Seller."
Old 05-18-11, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Ebay alternatives, anyone tried Bonanza.com? They've been popping up in my Froogle searches more lately. I haven't looked into their selling details, but sometime last year I bought a Fangoria back issue from a seller there & it was a good transaction.
Old 05-18-11, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have around 140 items for sale on Bonanza (I have a few older Fangoria magazines up on there so maybe I sold you the magazine) and have sold a few items but it does not have the same traffic as Ebay. Yesterday I was updating some items for sale and it said their were less than 1 million members so they have a long way to go. It is a lot less stressful than Ebay plus you can import your Ebay items & Ebay feedback very easily.
Old 05-18-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

glassdragon,

Have you spoken to someone on the phone about the issue? Something isn't right on eBay's end, obviously.
Old 05-18-11, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I gave up selling DVDs, movies and games on ebay long, long ago - maybe 2-2.5 years ago.

It turned into annoyance. Paypal chargebacks. One fee here, one fee there, one fee depending on the selling price. You never know what you are going to be charged ahead of time without busting out notepad, a few different ebay pages, and guessing what your item will end at.

At least with Amazon, the fees are upfront and straightforward. It's clear what their fee is based on your selling price, and what you get. There's much less hassle (items take less that a minute to post, instead of ebay's pictures, descriptions, 80 different selections, pick shipping type, etc, etc).

And I've had way less hassle from Amazon sellers. There is some worry - Amazon, for example, doesn't apparently take delivery confirmation as proof of shipment - but I just stopped doing delivery confirmation at all.
If it's a big item, I toss insurance and confirmation on it, for my own protection. Other than that, anything under $40 or so, it just goes out media mail, no insurance, no confirmation. If someone decides to screw me, I'll have to bite it.

According to my stats, I've sold 448 things on Amazon since early 2008 (I, and the wife especially, used to have a LOT of DVDs and videogames). I've got a rating of 99 positives, 2 negatives (Amazon feedback is a lot spottier).
I've only had to bite one or two items and they may have legitimately gone missing. The honesty seems to be better on Amazon.
Old 05-18-11, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
I have around 140 items for sale on Bonanza (I have a few older Fangoria magazines up on there so maybe I sold you the magazine) and have sold a few items but it does not have the same traffic as Ebay. Yesterday I was updating some items for sale and it said their were less than 1 million members so they have a long way to go. It is a lot less stressful than Ebay plus you can import your Ebay items & Ebay feedback very easily.
Okay, I just searched my email archives, and it's actually Ecrater.com I bought my Fangoria from, haha. *Sigh* I must've actually visited Bonanza more, though, since Ecrater totally slipped my memory.

Well, any thoughts on Ecrater now that I've brought it up?
Old 05-19-11, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another good thing about Amazon is they handle the payments so they get their commission and that's it.

When I sell an item on Ebay they get their FVF on the sale price, their fee on the shipping cost (i've gone to free shipping to avoid that), and then Paypal takes a percentage.

Also if you buy your shipping label through Amazon you get a discount so i've been able to ship items Priority mail that would normally go Parcel Post, due to the shipping cost, if I took the package to the post office.
Old 06-22-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ebay is no longer doing cash back until November. I checked a bunch of cashback sites and ebay is no longer listed. One said it stopped as of 6/16 another said it won't be back until November.
Old 07-22-11, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They are changing their policies again to include seller protection. Not that it matters, since most of us have ditched eBay.
Old 09-12-11, 11:38 PM

I'm so FUCKING! sick of ebay I'm seriously gonna explode, I just wish I was actually insane enough(And had no regard for life, like Feebay does with fees lol) and walk in their headquarters with an AK-47 and go off. Taking a piece of MY shipping now are you? and a piece of MY handling fee? go FUCK YOURSELF!

I pay the gas, I package it, I list it, I pay for the bubble mailers, I answer the emails, the phone calls, I get up to go out and ship the fucking item, oh yea and I PAY FOR THE FUCKING SHIPPING ****s! now what in the holy cock sucking hell is it you chair riding fucks do?, charge me LMAO!

You know they're gonna start charging a $.50 fee for logging in right? lmao, a $.50 cent fee for a 100KB photo hmm really? way to sock it to the average masses that don't know about HTML or image hosting(The average casual ebay seller) A 10 cent fee for wanting to start my auction at a specified time?, hmm I bet that cost them a pretty penny to put the HUMONGOUS 500 Terabyte auction on hold in their system for a WHOLE FUCKING 24 hours, and don't get me started on the "Final FUCK Fees" and the monopoly they have with gaypal as they double dip on OUR money.

I sell PSA/BGS sports cards that are in thick hard plastics, I charge $2.00 for S/H up to 5 cards(VERY VERRRRY generous of "Me",and now they want some of my piddly fucking pennies for their billion dollar business, nickel and dime mother fucking scum bags. Fee here fee there fee where? I don't know but I'm sure they'll find a place for another **** fucking fee to dig in like a fucking wood tick in your urethra.

These yeast infected bastards could cut their fees ALL AROUND the board 50% and still make out like a 500 pounder at an all you can eat. Then people would actually love them instead of despise and want to literally murder these leaches.

I have one good thing to say about ebay, but it's not even ebay, it's me my doings for being a stellar seller, I have 1,000+ 100% positive feedback on ebay and 99.9 of it's from selling, when they changed their feedback policy I almost went APE SHIT thinking wow there goes my feedback now. It actually made no sense, protect the buyer with 10 feedback buying a green $2.00 cock ring and leave the 2,000+ positive feedback seller that made you MAJOR money hanging out to dry because the gimp buyer has no fear of a negative in return pffftt!. But I'm just that good at avoiding negatives, I guess it's a miracle, but I better not jinx myself just yet. You can take my Powerseller status and go POWER FUCK yourself.

Ok I ranted and raved, I feel better, yea a lot of cussing sorry( Psyche I could give a fuck lol) ..... Ohh yea fuck off ebay, your lucky your my only option for now because I'm established there, I'll cough you **** hairs out of my throat one day and be done with you for good.

Last edited by FeeBayFleaBay33; 09-12-11 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-14-11, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

At least you found the correct thread?

Can't say I disagree with the general sentiment though.
Old 09-15-11, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

When I sell an item on Ebay they get their FVF on the sale price, their fee on the shipping cost (i've gone to free shipping to avoid that), and then Paypal takes a percentage.
I just wanted to point out that offering free shipping doesn't avoid getting charged a fee on shipping unless you actually don't have to pay any money to ship an item. Either you pay the fee as part of the item's price or as part of the actual specified shipping fee. It's not a different rate for the item's price or shipping as far as I know, so there's really no advantage (other than looking good compared to other auctions that charge shipping).
Old 09-15-11, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only advantage to offering free shipping, which I have stopped doing because it has no impact on my sales, is that you automatically get 5 stars on your DSR rating.
Old 09-15-11, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only advantage to offering free shipping, which I have stopped doing because it has no impact on my sales, is that you automatically get 5 stars on your DSR rating.
I'll just have to live with my 4.9 average.
Old 09-20-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FeeBayFleaBay33
I'm so FUCKING! sick of ebay I'm seriously gonna explode, I just wish I was actually insane enough(And had no regard for life, like Feebay does with fees lol) and walk in their headquarters with an AK-47 and go off. Taking a piece of MY shipping now are you? and a piece of MY handling fee? go FUCK YOURSELF!

I pay the gas, I package it, I list it, I pay for the bubble mailers, I answer the emails, the phone calls, I get up to go out and ship the fucking item, oh yea and I PAY FOR THE FUCKING SHIPPING ****s! now what in the holy cock sucking hell is it you chair riding fucks do?, charge me LMAO!

You know they're gonna start charging a $.50 fee for logging in right? lmao, a $.50 cent fee for a 100KB photo hmm really? way to sock it to the average masses that don't know about HTML or image hosting(The average casual ebay seller) A 10 cent fee for wanting to start my auction at a specified time?, hmm I bet that cost them a pretty penny to put the HUMONGOUS 500 Terabyte auction on hold in their system for a WHOLE FUCKING 24 hours, and don't get me started on the "Final FUCK Fees" and the monopoly they have with gaypal as they double dip on OUR money.

I sell PSA/BGS sports cards that are in thick hard plastics, I charge $2.00 for S/H up to 5 cards(VERY VERRRRY generous of "Me",and now they want some of my piddly fucking pennies for their billion dollar business, nickel and dime mother fucking scum bags. Fee here fee there fee where? I don't know but I'm sure they'll find a place for another **** fucking fee to dig in like a fucking wood tick in your urethra.

These yeast infected bastards could cut their fees ALL AROUND the board 50% and still make out like a 500 pounder at an all you can eat. Then people would actually love them instead of despise and want to literally murder these leaches.

I have one good thing to say about ebay, but it's not even ebay, it's me my doings for being a stellar seller, I have 1,000+ 100% positive feedback on ebay and 99.9 of it's from selling, when they changed their feedback policy I almost went APE SHIT thinking wow there goes my feedback now. It actually made no sense, protect the buyer with 10 feedback buying a green $2.00 cock ring and leave the 2,000+ positive feedback seller that made you MAJOR money hanging out to dry because the gimp buyer has no fear of a negative in return pffftt!. But I'm just that good at avoiding negatives, I guess it's a miracle, but I better not jinx myself just yet. You can take my Powerseller status and go POWER FUCK yourself.

Ok I ranted and raved, I feel better, yea a lot of cussing sorry( Psyche I could give a fuck lol) ..... Ohh yea fuck off ebay, your lucky your my only option for now because I'm established there, I'll cough you **** hairs out of my throat one day and be done with you for good.
^
Old 09-22-11, 07:39 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I've only ever sold one item on Ebay (getting ready to try selling 4 more), but I've been watching from the sidelines what people were doing before Ebay started charging their fee to include shipping, and I gotta say: If the ignorant fucks selling on Ebay wouldn't have tried to beat the system by charging 99¢ for their item, but $20 to ship it, maybe Ebay wouldn't have changed the rules. Whoever actually did that has only themselves to blame for the way things are now. Everybody's always trying to beat the system, well, you fucked everyone else in the process. Thanks. -kd5-
Old 09-22-11, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Can't Google get on eBay's ass and compete? Been waiting for years. Instead, Google plays around with social networking crap.
Old 09-22-11, 06:13 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
I've only ever sold one item on Ebay (getting ready to try selling 4 more), but I've been watching from the sidelines what people were doing before Ebay started charging their fee to include shipping, and I gotta say: If the ignorant fucks selling on Ebay wouldn't have tried to beat the system by charging 99¢ for their item, but $20 to ship it, maybe Ebay wouldn't have changed the rules. Whoever actually did that has only themselves to blame for the way things are now. Everybody's always trying to beat the system, well, you fucked everyone else in the process. Thanks. -kd5-
All Ebay had to do was the have a maximum amount you can charge for shipping like they do for books and other media. They still have the maximum charge amount of $4 shipping for a book, but I sent out a hardcover the other day that cost me $3.83 media mail, so after Ebay took the 38 cent cut from the shipping I lost money on shipping.
Old 09-22-11, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RonG617
All Ebay had to do was the have a maximum amount you can charge for shipping like they do for books and other media. They still have the maximum charge amount of $4 shipping for a book, but I sent out a hardcover the other day that cost me $3.83 media mail, so after Ebay took the 38 cent cut from the shipping I lost money on shipping.
That's the problem with the media fees. They shouldn't limit the postage amount and then turn around and want a piece of it (claiming they are trying to even the playing field --- another lie from eBay's propaganda machine). I changed the way I ship to media mail on all my items, regardless of how I will send it. I then change the "handling" fee to pay for ebay's new policies. I used to sell CDs on eBay and even had a store. But EVERY year they found some way to lower this fee and raise that one, so that overall they took more money. I still use their "50 free listings" every month, but would never commit to them for my whole inventory. Anyone who does will be trapped in an ever spiraling abyss of raised fees and a "screw-you" attitude from eBay. I wish there was a viable alternative other than Amazon, but for now there is not.
Old 09-24-11, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FeeBayFleaBay33

You can buy a green cock ring for only $2.00 ?!?
Old 10-12-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Something new that just started, that's probably going to piss people off, is after an auction or Buy it Now ends you can only see a thumbnail of the picture. You can't click on the picture to make it bigger like you can during the auction. So if the item arrives in bad condition it's going to be hard to go back & look at the picture to see if that's how it was or if the damage happened during shipping.
Old 10-30-11, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My paypal now says that they are going to start holding my paypal money that is paid to me for auctions until the person says the received it. I typically only sell on there when I need the money and do 1 day auctions for that reason. Guess I'm not selling on there anymore. 55+ with a 100% rating and 5 stars apparently means you are a scammer. fuck them.
Old 10-30-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Here is a testament to how eBay works... I stopped selling on there around a year ago. Last week, I decided to "liquidate" a few tools, just to get rid of them. I listed two circular saws, which ended yesterday. Well, first thing I sell on eBay in a year, and one of the two buyers already backed out.

This is the guy's email...

"Hi, I'm sorry so much.I bought skil saw another. because I'm need it soon.I hope see you later.I'm sorry. Bye bye"

Why bid if you didn't want it? It was obvious that it was a 7 day auction.

I guess I had to be reminded how much eBay sucks.
Old 10-31-11, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
My paypal now says that they are going to start holding my paypal money that is paid to me for auctions until the person says the received it. I typically only sell on there when I need the money and do 1 day auctions for that reason. Guess I'm not selling on there anymore. 55+ with a 100% rating and 5 stars apparently means you are a scammer. fuck them.
They got that dumb 21 day hold incase a buyer decides he wants a refund. But the hold is released much sooner if:

1) You provided tracking and it shows delivered
2) You get positive feedback

Ebay sucks and paypal sucks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.