Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I'm never accepting FedEx shipping again

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-11, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I ordered an Astro Mixamp to go with a PC360 headset I ordered. The Mixamp can only be bought direct from Astro (which is freakin stupid), and they only offered FedEx. I got the headset specifically to use on my Xbox, but I was told the mic won't work without the Mixamp. Anyway, the headset arrived Monday via USPS. The Mixamp was supposed to be here Wednesday. The track said "Local weather delay, delivery attempted" both Wednesday and Thursday. Friday, they delivered to the wrong address and reclaimed it. I got a call at 7am this morning asking for directions, but the tracking ended up the same goddamn delay bullshit again. This is totally unacceptable. The goddamn return window on both devices will be expired by the time I get the goddamn thing. UPS always gets here. The mail always gets here. I'm so tired of this weather delay shit. I live in PA. It snows. It's NOT a new occurrence, but everyone seems to treat it like one every goddamn year.
Old 02-13-11, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: I'm never accepting FedEx shipping again

To each their own. I ship hundreds of packages per month. 1/2 USPS Priority Mail and 1/2 FedEx Ground. I have more trouble with Priority packages going missing. And it doesn't help that lost of postmen don't care about scanning the delivery confirmation when they deliver. If I look down through my shipments, according to the "delivery confirmation" numbers, maybe 10% of them NEVER get scanned.
Old 02-13-11, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, it sounds like you just have a lousy local delivery guy.

Did the shipper use "Ground" or "Home Delivery"? I find that "Home Delivery" will make the service more personal. And shippers are SUPPOSED to use them whenever shipping to a residence. But a lot of shippers ignore that.
Old 02-13-11, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Also, it sounds like you just have a lousy local delivery guy.

Did the shipper use "Ground" or "Home Delivery"? I find that "Home Delivery" will make the service more personal. And shippers are SUPPOSED to use them whenever shipping to a residence. But a lot of shippers ignore that.
Home Delivery
Old 02-13-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Five bucks says that you will one day accept FedEx shipping again.
Old 02-14-11, 07:07 AM
Banned

WTF?!?!?!? It's not coming today either. I called and they told me they don't deliver on Monday. !??????????????????????????????????????????
Old 02-14-11, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Viper187
WTF?!?!?!? It's not coming today either. I called and they told me they don't deliver on Monday. !??????????????????????????????????????????
Count me for one that despises Fedex Home delivery. I LOVE Fedex, they operate seperately and in my area the local fedex office is in my city. The home delivery office is 2 hours away. Majority of times normal fedex will leave packages with my signature on file. Home delivery NEVER leaves the package, I cannot pick up from the depot (too far). So the result is sometimes takes multiple delieveries to actually get the package.
Old 02-14-11, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are completely different from each other - Ground doles out the deliveries to local companies, so it can be a real crap-shoot.
Old 02-14-11, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Viper187
Here in California, FedEx Home Delivery makes deliveries Tuesday through Saturday. They are closed on Monday. Not sure if this policy is the same across the country.
Old 02-14-11, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Here in California, FedEx Home Delivery makes deliveries Tuesday through Saturday. They are closed on Monday. Not sure if this policy is the same across the country.
It is. They deliver saturday, but not monday. In my experience all three major carriers have their flaws. I had a bunch of delays with UPS due to snow this winter. It happens. Deal with it.
Good luck in never using FedEx again.
Old 02-14-11, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cseyer
The home delivery office is 2 hours away. Majority of times normal fedex will leave packages with my signature on file. Home delivery NEVER leaves the package, I cannot pick up from the depot (too far). So the result is sometimes takes multiple delieveries to actually get the package.
This is a great example of how the service will never make everyone happy. You know how many complaints I've had with people bitching about FedEx Ground leaving a package at their door when they weren't home? A FUCKING LOT. I even get stuck doing a refund every-so-often, because someone claims that they didn't get their package, which was "left at door". And then I see a statement like this, and my mind blows. No offense to you. I just want you to know that there are different modes of thought about this, and there really is no perfect solution.