Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Why is amazon shipping movies in bubble mailers now!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Why is amazon shipping movies in bubble mailers now!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-10, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
Re: Why is amazon shipping movies in bubble mailers now!?

This seems to happen around the holidays or during big sales...I think they pre-package stuff in bubble mailers when they know they're going to be moving a lot, and then just slap the labels on them and mail them out...probably saves a lot of time.

I recently ordered Saving Private Ryan and Predators in one order, but Amazon shipped them seperately, with Saving Private Ryan in the bubble mailer, and Predators in the hard cardboard one.
Old 12-02-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of all the movies I ordered this past week I only received one in a bubble mailer. That was the only that arrived FedEx instead of UPS.
Old 12-03-10, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Depends on what it is. Single DVD and other small items are often in bubble mailers and box sets in boxes. If there is damage to the box or case, I just simply request a replacement. They will allow one replacement for exchange and if the next one is damaged, they will simply issue you a refund rather than send another replacement.
Old 12-14-10, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not done with this. It sucks that I have prime and I have to worry about which items I use it with!

My first message:

I'm writing to express my disgust that, after leaving negative packaging feedback every time amazon sends my items in padded envelopes, amazon continues to ship collectable items in this ineffective way! Mario All-Stars is being marketed as a collectable item. It is clearly marked "limited edition" and it is sold in limited quantities. How is it collectable to me if it arrives all dinged and dented up before it even makes it to my doorstep?

I am very unhappy that my copy arrived dented and dinged up, and I am even more disappointed knowing that there are no replacement copies available--and that even if there were, amazon would likely just send another one in a padded envelope so that it too could arrive damaged.

Is there any way for me to request that items that could be easily banged up in shipping not be sent via padded envelope, or do I need to stop placing orders with amazon for items that may be shipped this way and arrive damaged? Please let me know if there is a way for you to note--beyond my negative packaging feedbacks left--that I would like my orders to arrive in new condition, without dings and dents. There is never a problem when you ship them in boxes, but it is completely random from my perspective as to which items will be sent by box and which by lousy padded envelope.

Thank you,
Amazon's quality response:

Hello,

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to
offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you
experienced in this case.

I'm sorry to hear about the condition in which your "" arrived. We make every
attempt to package items securely to protect them during shipping, but sometimes
damage does occur.

We always appreciate customer input on how we can improve our store, and I've
forwarded your message to our shipping department.

You can use our Packaging Feedback Program (http://www.amazon.com/packaging) to
let us know how we're doing. We'll use your input to improve product and Amazon
packaging. Visit http://www.amazon.com/help/packaging for more information.

It will take many years, but our vision is to offer our entire catalog of
products in Frustration-Free Packaging.

If any item in your order is damaged during shipping, please let us know so we
can take appropriate action. To send us an e-mail with the order number, name of
the item, and details of the damage, visit this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contac...ed-orders.html

Please be assured that we value all of our customers highly. We look forward to
seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

NOTE: This is the one I clicked

Best regards,

Leela Srikanth
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
My response:

Although I am not surprised, the response I received to my message about my disappointment with amazon using flimsy bubble mailers to send limited edition collectable items was not helpful at all. The representative couldn't be bothered to paste "Mario All-Stars" into the line:" I'm sorry to hear about the condition in which your "" arrived." Then, the representative informed me of the packaging feedback option--the same process I expressed my disappointment in in the first place!

At the end of the day, I'm stuck with a Mario All-Stars that is dinged up, and it could have been avoided if amazon shipped it in a box instead of a bubble mailer. Amazon does not have these anymore. If I knew that my limited edition collectable wouldn't arrive in collectable condition, I would have bought it locally.

What I'd like, if possible, is a response to my original request: Can amazon ship my items that are easily dinged and dented in cardboard boxes, or am I simply left with the option of having to purchase these kinds of items locally instead of amazon?

Thank you,
To be continued...
Old 12-15-10, 01:25 AM

ozzfan84 - Which Amazon shipping center did your Mario All Stars ship from and what shipping method did they use? They shipped mine tonight from Texas via FedEx (I have Prime). It should be here tomorrow, but I'm worried it will arrive damaged if they use a bubble mailer. Hopefully it arrives ok.
Old 12-15-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered a CD box set (Bear Family) and on the side of the box, it says Rate your packaging... the box was dented, the box rattled around inside, the tape was pulled back and stuck to itself...

Bleah.

The set was shrink wrapped against a cardboard, and in good shape though.
Old 12-15-10, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This time of year with the amount of packages being shipped, items going from one side of the country to the other and the different carriers being used it is not at all surprising that packages will get damaged, contents will rattle and types of packaging will differ from one order to the next.

It does suck the big one to receive damaged product.. but it's bound to happen.
Old 04-02-11, 04:16 PM

Just received the Ernest Goes To Camp/Jail Blu-ray in a bubble mailer. They shipped it two day using USPS. First time I've gotten a package in a bubble mailer from them.

The Blu-ray is ok, but I'm still upset with the bubble mailer. I hope they don't start shipping box sets, etc... to me like this.

Also I believe this is the first package I've received though USPS. Most of my items come UPS.
Old 04-19-11, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Four out of the last five DVD/BD's I've ordered have come in bubble mailers and four out of the last five DVD's/BD's I've received have been damaged.

I really, really hate bubble mailers...
Old 06-14-11, 06:34 PM
Banned

I've found that, a lot of the time, the kind of packaging they send things in is dependant on the size of the object. When I've ordered a single dvd, they seem to either come in a bubble envelope or a very small box filled with some of those big air bubble things. If I get several dvds, it's usually a box with padding.
Old 06-18-11, 01:57 PM

It seems like all my single item purchases come in a bubble mailer regardless of the size of the cases. I got a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe season 1 set that came in a pretty big case that you wouldn't think they'd put in a bubble mailer, but they did anyways. I've had to return several items in the past that have came in bubble mailers, but very few that came in boxes.