Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Marketplace?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Marketplace?

Old 04-12-10, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Amazon Marketplace?

I made one order with a few sellers last week and Amazon mentions that they charge the CC and then the items are sent. However, today I had one item from one seller cancelled and the email said that the CC wasn't charged. That counterdicts what the original order said. I wish that when I order something they would charge the card right away so I know what the heck is going on. Charging the card 5 different times on an order is stupid.
Old 04-12-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Amazon Marketplace?

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
I made one order with a few sellers last week and Amazon mentions that they charge the CC and then the items are sent. However, today I had one item from one seller cancelled and the email said that the CC wasn't charged. That counterdicts what the original order said. I wish that when I order something they would charge the card right away so I know what the heck is going on. Charging the card 5 different times on an order is stupid.
It's normal procedure for stores to not charge cards before goods are sent.

If a store does charge but an item doesn't get shipped out for over a month, for one reason or another, people get upset. Then it can turn into a fight to get the money back.
Old 04-12-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I want the card charged right when I place the order that way I know its been charged and don't have to worry about it again and don't have to worry if there is enough funds to cover the purchase down the road. I received an email from another seller(from the same order) saying that they are having a hard time fulfilling the order and go to this link for a refund. However ,if the card wasn't charged,then why would I get a refund.
Old 04-12-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If a store does charge but an item doesn't get shipped out for over a month, for one reason or another, people get upset. Then it can turn into a fight to get the money back.[/QUOTE]

It's rare for me to preorder anything and if the item isn't in stock- usually 95 percent of the time,I won't order it.
Old 04-12-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon Marketplace's policy -- for going on almost a year -- charges the buyer after the seller confirms shipment (rather than when the buyer places the order).

The seller has to confirm shipment FIRST and then, and only then, will the seller get paid.
Old 04-12-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happens if an order isn't received? I wish they could work a deal with cheaper shipping costs especially when ordering more than one item from the same seller. I ordered 6 items from one seller and paid almost 18 dollars shipping and it was shipped media mail.
Old 04-12-10, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
What happens if an order isn't received? I wish they could work a deal with cheaper shipping costs especially when ordering more than one item from the same seller. I ordered 6 items from one seller and paid almost 18 dollars shipping and it was shipped media mail.
Every seller's business practices are different.

That's why seller needs to enter a carrier and tracking number at the time of shipment, to begin the paper trail.

If it's genuinely lost and both parties have gone through whatever steps needed as outlined by the carrier, sellers can issue a refund as a cost of doing business. Buyers can also file a claim through Amazon and Amazon can take action.

After so many claims from buyers, a seller's account can be pulled from Amazon.

As far as the multiple items from a single shipper, that's at the discretion of the individual seller to refund excess shipping. Again, every seller's business practices are different -- Amazon just sees those six individual items as six line items regardless of seller and seller fees/shipping credits are applied individually.

When ordering multiple it's best to look at the seller's storefront page to see what their shipping policies are or contract the seller before an order ships.

Last edited by Adboy151; 04-12-10 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-12-10, 04:22 PM

I had that happen to me they say its a preauthorization and in about 3 days I had my money back in my account.
Old 04-15-10, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to see an item description after you purchase something from marketplace? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old 04-15-10, 02:21 PM

I don't think it shows up anywhere on the customer side after an item has been sold, but it should appear under Condition on the system-generated packing slip and *I think* on the the system-generated confirmation e-mail when an item has shipped.
Old 04-15-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks adboy. I just rechecked my email and am not seeing it (and they didn't include a packing slip). I'm almost positive this was not described accurately. It seems like a pretty big thing to not keep available.
Old 05-08-10, 08:10 PM

Quick question - didn't want to start a new thread over it:

If you order from Amazon UK's Marketplace, will they ship to the US? Or is it on a seller-by-seller basis?
Old 05-08-10, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Look on the seller's listing that ship International, if is not listed then contact them.