Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can this be returned/exchanged?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-28-09, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Earlier tonight I bought "Up" at Target. I brought it home and unwrapped it, only to find the disc loose in the case because the thing that holds the DVD in place had somehow been broken off and the broken off pieces were floating in the case along with the disc.. I imagine this is what caused scratching. As a result, the disc is prone to skipping/stoping in some spots.

I have the receipt, as well as the busted off pieces of the holding mechanism in the case, but the DVD is obviously out of its packaging... so do you think I can exchange it for a fully functioning copy? I have never had anything like this happen before with any DVD purchase anywhere.

Last edited by rdf8585; 12-28-09 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-28-09, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Can this be returned/exchanged?

Originally Posted by rdf8585 View Post
Earlier tonight I bought "Up" at Target. I brought it home and unwrapped it, only to find the disc loose in the case because the thing that holds the DVD in place had somehow been broken off and the broken off pieces were floating in the case along with the disc.. I imagine this is what caused scratching. As a result, the disc is prone to skipping/stoping in some spots.

I have the receipt, as well as the busted off pieces of the holding mechanism in the case, but the DVD is obviously out of its packaging... so do you think I can exchange it for a fully functioning copy? I have never had anything like this happen before with any DVD purchase anywhere.
Absolutely, just take it with the receipt and tell them what you wrote here. They allow you to exchange DVDs/Blus for the same item if opened.
Old 12-28-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You definitely can exchange a defective item for a replacement. They will probably break open the shrinkwrap of the new copy so that you wouldn't be able to return that copy for a refund.
Old 12-28-09, 10:28 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 158 Likes on 117 Posts

Of course you can! How would you think you couldn't?
Old 12-28-09, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice... had no problems exchanging it. I was just a little concerned that I was going to be stuck with it since it was already opened.
Old 12-29-09, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 211 Posts

No ... this cannot be exchanged ... however, that can.