Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon (Canada) Issue

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon (Canada) Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon (Canada) Issue

OK, so I ordered a Blu-ray that's out tomorrow. It's Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day. The official TPB store shows the 22nd. Amazon.ca shows the DVD out tomorrow, and the Blu-ray two pack containing the first AND second movies together tomorrow... yet the individual release is still showing up on their site as the 29th. So I called their customer service today to ask about this discrepancy, and if they'll be shipping my copy tomorrow. Nope. I have to wait a week because they can't fix their discrepancy? Anybody know what the deal is here?
Old 12-21-09, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Amazon (Canada) Issue

If their records show the 29th then thats when the release date is to them. They are not going to go by the word of a customer to tell them what the actual release date is, or a website. I'm sure they need to wait for an update by the releasing company before changing their release date.
Old 12-21-09, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I would think when there's a glaring discrepancy such as this, they would check with said manufacturer.
Old 12-21-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be something as stupid as a delay in receiving the "two pack" but having the individual releases already/on time.
Old 12-26-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It seems they've changed the date for the DVD version to be 12/29 as well... and I'm still confused as to why. It's been available in stores in Canada since Tuesday. There have been commercials for it up there as well stating, 'now on DVD and Blu-ray'. Last time I depend on Amazon.ca.
Old 12-26-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazon.ca has the best customer service on any e-tailer I've ever dealt with (including regular Amazon.com). I've only had one problem but their CS was top notch.

It has to be a distributor error.
Old 12-27-09, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well they were very nice on the phone about it, and explained that this was simply the date they had. I asked them 'well if I ordered the DVD, would it go out tomorrow on the 22nd then?' Yes. 'If I ordered the two pack Blu-ray that contained both movies, would that go out tomorrow?' Yes. Well, after the release date came, everything got pushed back to December 29th on their site. It's Sunday night, so whatever, it's only the day after tomorrow that it's coming out through Amazon at this point. My only concern however, is that they might not get any in stock. Even the official TPB store online is out of stock of the product, so I'm hoping this doesn't affect what Amazon will have on hand. I'd easily go to a store to pick it up if I weren't living in the States, but I'm sort of stuck with Amazon.ca at the moment.