Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question re: DVD Planet Return Policy

Old 06-22-09, 02:51 PM

Question re: DVD Planet Return Policy

I recently purchased 15+ items in one order from DVDPlanet. The total came to over $175 and I applied a $15 coupon to the total. The order came in three shipments. I recently returned ONE $25 item (brand new and unsealed). The item was received and I was credited $10. Their explanation was that they had applied the $15 coupon to that item, so the unit price of that item was $10. I found it odd that they would apply the coupon to just one item and it just happens to be the item I had returned. Incidentally nowhere in the order confirmation or the packing slips did it indicate that the coupon was applied to that item. The item was also in the second batch of items that were shipped, so even if you accept their logic that they applied the coupon to one item, it was odd that they would apply the coupon in the second batch of items shipped. Is this normal DVD Planet policy? This is my third or fourth purchase from them but my first return. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-23-09, 01:39 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Question re: DVD Planet Return Policy

Their customer service is very hard to reason with. There is a dvdplanet supervisor that sometimes reads messages here. He is the only one that can do anything when dvdplanet has no logic. He will sometimes private message you to help you. In general deepdiscount is the better place to order from. They are owned by the same company and don't have as screwy customer service and ship things more punctually. I have found that dvdplanet has particular trouble dealing with coupons, store credit, returns, and shipping out some items promptly.

Last edited by g; 06-23-09 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-23-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by g View Post
Their customer service is very hard to reason with. There is a dvdplanet supervisor that sometimes reads messages here. He is the only one that can do anything when dvdplanet has no logic. He will sometimes private message you to help you. In general deepdiscount is the better place to order from. They are owned by the same company and don't have as screwy customer service and ship things more punctually. I have found that dvdplanet has particular trouble dealing with coupons, store credit, returns, and shipping out some items promptly.
i could be mistaken, but i dont think anyone from dvdp has been on this board for almost a year. just sayin.
Old 06-24-09, 12:27 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They helped me last december. They called themselves DVDplanetCS
You could try private message them. I dont know for sure either if they are still reading it. I couldnt get anywhere until they helped me.

Last edited by g; 06-24-09 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-25-09, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by g View Post
They helped me last december. They called themselves DVDplanetCS
You could try private message them. I dont know for sure either if they are still reading it. I couldnt get anywhere until they helped me.
dang, that user helped me out once about a year ago as well. doh i guess i should have tried to pm him/her with my most recent issue.