Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

In-Stock items being back-ordered

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the past two weeks, I've placed an order with DeepDiscount and an order with Wherehouse.com. Both orders showed the items as being in-stock all through the order process (and, indeed, still show them as "in-stock" right now on their sites). But when I get my order confirmation, all of a sudden they're back-ordered! Is this something new, I've never had these problems before? It seems a little underhanded to me.. I tried questioning DD about this, but my e-mail apparently just got ignored.
Old 03-05-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: In-Stock items being back-ordered

I have the same problem right now with a CD from DD. I will cancel it tonight and buy it from Amazon. I waited over a week for them to get it back in stock but nothing happened and it still shows as in stock online. Time to cancel!

Dirk
Old 03-05-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

This is definiely a pet peeve of mine. if an item shows up in stock, they should have it in stock. If you order and it isnt in stock, they should contact you immediately that it is out of stock.

We dont accept these shenanigans in a brick and mortar store, so why shoudl we accept it in an online store?
Old 03-05-09, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the early years of the internet and they would claim there was no way to cancel an order once it was placed. I guess with the economy tanking it may be comming back as most people will not place an order if an item is OOS item. Atleast most places are better now with cancelling an order.
Old 03-06-09, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate this, too. They should give the option of easily canceling the order when this happens. It's only fair. You say you got it and you don't, end of deal.