Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BB vs CC

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-09, 03:02 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BB vs CC

I went to Best Buy to get a price match for the 17.99 BD that Circuit City had in this weeks sales ad and they stated they were not price matching CC since they are going out of business. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-19-09, 03:06 PM

Re: BB vs CC

not surprised
Old 01-19-09, 03:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This forum is for bargains. Take it to the store forum.
Old 01-19-09, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-19-09, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll take two!
Old 01-19-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

sounds perfectly reasonable to me
Old 01-19-09, 03:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

CC is dead. Duhh.
Old 01-19-09, 03:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Boycott the fuckers
Old 01-19-09, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't see the problem with this.
Old 01-19-09, 03:48 PM

I can't believe someone started this thread. Has to be a joke.
Old 01-19-09, 04:42 PM

They'll still price match Good Guys, right?
Old 01-19-09, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Store Price Guarantee

Two more great reasons to buy with confidence at Best Buy.
If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? We'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor's sale price, during the return and exchange period on your product.

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

Best Buy Puerto Rico Stores have their own store price guarantee. Also see our BestBuy.com Price Matching/Price Guarantee policy.

Exclusions:
The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale November 28th & 29th, 2008, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is considered a local retail competitor?
A retail store located in the same market area as your local Best Buy store.

What is considered "proof" of price?
If you have already purchased the item, the best way to show proof of price is to bring in your original Best Buy receipt, plus the competitor's current ad. We reserve the right to call the competitor's store to verify the lower price and availability of the item.

How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?
The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed.

How do you handle a price match if the competitor's price includes a rebate or other promotional offer?
The competitor's net purchase price is calculated by deducting instant discounts taken at the register such as instant rebates. Mail-in rebates and other deferred savings are not deducted from the competitor's purchase price.

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?
Sometimes a retailer will advertise a very low price for a product but have only limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

Are Best Buy services eligible for price matching?
Due to the differences in services being performed, Best Buy does not match competitors' service prices. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as delivery, installation and computer services.

What does it mean not to match a competitor's price that results in a price match?
Best Buy will not price match to a local competitor's price that has already been reduced by a price match.

Can I have my price match request processed over the phone or online?
We are currently not able to process your request over the phone or online. However, if you have questions regarding the policy, call our Customer Care Center anytime at 1-888-BestBuy or visit BestBuy.com.

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?
If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, We'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price during the return and exchange period on your product. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale November 28th & 29th, 2008, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors.

What is a "Web-exclusive offer?"
It is a product or a price that is only offered to online buyers.

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
If you made your purchase in a Best Buy store, and you find an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price, plus 10% of the difference. Internet-only retailers are exempt from our price matching program, as well as Web-exclusive offers. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the competitor's store. For purchases made online at BestBuy.com, please refer to the Online Price Guarantee on BestBuy.com.

* Select Categories include desktop computers, notebooks, projectors, monitors, digital cameras, camcorders, radar detectors and video games purchased as used.

I dont see anything that says that if a company goes into Liquidation, thier AD is not good for price matching. One would guess they might try to pull something like this.
Old 01-19-09, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ernestrp
I dont see anything that says that if a company goes into Liquidation, thier AD is not good for price matching. One would guess they might try to pull something like this.
Come on, man...
Old 01-19-09, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by tman3501
I went to Best Buy to get a price match for the 17.99 BD that Circuit City had in this weeks sales ad

CC actually put out their sale ad this week?
Old 01-19-09, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

From that long post:

"Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect."

The ad became null and void the moment Circuit City went into liquidation. They are no longer honoring their own ad, why should Best Buy, or any other store have to honor it?

The lower price is no longer in effect, thus Best Buy is not violating their policy (which they do quite often anyway, but in this case they're following their own rules).
Old 01-19-09, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I honestly feel bad for businesses that have to deal with these ridiculous consumer expectations and misinterpretations of policies.

TheKing said it right.

Originally Posted by TheKing
From that long post:

"Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect."

The ad became null and void the moment Circuit City went into liquidation. They are no longer honoring their own ad, why should Best Buy, or any other store have to honor it?

The lower price is no longer in effect, thus Best Buy is not violating their policy (which they do quite often anyway, but in this case they're following their own rules).
Old 01-19-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
CC actually put out their sale ad this week?
Since it was printed up weeks ago, it was probably already set to go out.
Old 01-20-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Best Buy has no reason to honor this. Granted, I don't blame you for trying because if it slipped through the cracks you would have gotten a pretty nice deal but it is stupid to complain about it.
Old 01-20-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Circuit City doesn't honor the prices in their own ad, why would anybody match those prices??????????????????????????

It's worth a try but that's it.

Dirk

PS I love the thread title!
Old 01-20-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Why does blockbuster seem to dislike the criterion collection?
I can never find the new criterion titles at my local store.
Old 01-20-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
Why does blockbuster seem to dislike the criterion collection?
I can never find the new criterion titles at my local store.
Did you check the VHS section?
Old 01-20-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
PS I love the thread title!
I stumbled into the thread wondering why B.B. King and C.C. Sabathia were fighting and why it was in the store forum.
Old 01-20-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One would guess they might try to pull something like this.
Maybe you need to check with all the "cash registerists".
Old 01-20-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

If Wal-Mart has the Blu-ray in stock, try it there.

There's a good chance that the clerk at Wal-Mart either won't know that CC is going out of business or won't give a shit and just price-match anyway.
Old 01-20-09, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Did you check the VHS section?
I did, but all the VHS copies that BB sells of CC movies have those stupid black bars at the top and bottom. Why do they cut off half the movie that way? Of course, there is a cash registerist there with DDs that is fun to watch as she stocks the lower shelves.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.