Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Now I Remember Why I Hate Buying on Ebay!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last Sunday, I wanted to get me a HDMI cable. I was already frustrated that no B&M stores carry this fricking cable at a sane price.

I found a Ebay powerseller offering the cable for 5 bucks with his BIN listing. So I purchase the thing and click Pay Now. Instead of having the option to breeze through with paypal, I am forced to go through this idiot's custom checkout process. I have to manually fill out all my address and payment information when this stuff would have already been filled out with paypal.

Then I get to a screen that says processing information. It times out after 5 minutes. I try to go back, and I end up purchasing the item again by mistake!

If Ebay is so concerned about bringing back buyers, they should not allow these mega sellers to set up their own little shopping cart routines. It is a huge hassle for buyers, and now we have to deal with the mega sellers since Ebay ran off all the small guys. Call it FLEEBAY now!
Old 01-14-09, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Now I Remember Why I Hate Buying on Ebay!!

if woody would have gone straight to www.monoprice.com for his cabling needs, none of this would have happened.
Old 01-14-09, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I agree that a standard, uniform checkout process is nice and preferable. Having said that, you should be able to contact the seller and explain that the second order was your mistake. Canceling it ought not be a problem, especially for a Power Seller. Also, never purchase electronics without consulting the members of this forum first. They know high quality products, and they know how to get them cheap from reputable, legal vendors.
Old 01-20-09, 12:54 AM
Cool New Member

I've never had such an experience but it must suck =/