Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Whither importcds.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Whither importcds.com?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 428 Likes on 249 Posts
Whither importcds.com?

I was thinking of making a purchase through them, but their site doesn't resolve.

Anyone know if its just a glitch or something more permanent?
Old 01-02-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like it was a glitch. Its working now.
Old 01-03-09, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard negative things about ordering directly from their website but I have used them several times via amazon and they're very good! I wished they packaged their cds a little differently but other than that, I really enjoy using them.

Have you used them before?
Old 01-03-09, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was going to be my first time ordering from them.

Right now my purchase is on hold because I ran into another issue. Their website says they accept purchases using visa, mc, paypal, check and MO. When I went to checkout, there was no way to use a credit-card. I sent them an e-mail about this and am waiting for their reply. I don't have the confidence in them to send them a check or money order.
Old 01-03-09, 03:47 PM

if you can find that cd on amazon and they're listed as a 3rd-party seller, I would do it that way. I was ordering once a week from them for awhile there for some imported cds and domestic as well and they were great. They must do a lot of business because I would leave a positive feedback and 12 hours later they had like 10 new pages of positive comments.

If you maybe do a google search you might find a link to another board discussing them. I haven't ordered from their site because of what I read. Again, using them via amazon, freaking fantastic!
Old 01-03-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Old 01-03-09, 05:02 PM

hey no problem...and if by chance you don't see them listed, I believe it's because if they're not one of the top 3 cheapest sellers, they won't sell it. They want people to have that feeling like, "wow importcds is always one of the very cheapest places"

do you mind if i ask what cd it is you want to buy?
Old 01-03-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's a guilty pleasure, and a little embarrasing, so I'd rather not say.
Old 01-04-09, 12:13 AM

hehe no problem

well is it an imported cd or a domestic one?
Old 01-23-09, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Whither importcds.com?

It was a region 1 DVD that was OOP, but importcds said they still had one in stock.

So, I ordered it from importcds, through buy.com, using google checkout. What a screwy way to buy things. That nagging little voice in my head said it was a bad idea, but I hardly ever listen to it.

It took a couple of weeks but surprisingly, everything worked out and my DVD arrived a few days ago. importcds never responded to my e-mail question about payment using a credit card.
Old 01-23-09, 01:26 PM

hmm...well glad that you received the DVD and everything is good. i'll have to try another order from them again via amazon to see if they're still just as good.

i haven't bought any dvds from them yet.
Old 01-23-09, 05:30 PM

Since the start of December, I've been ordering a CD a week from them practically. I'm rounding out my Carola (Swedish) CD collection. I haven't had any problems with importcds, yet. Last night, I did place an order with bengans.se for a Carola DVD and two of her CDs.
Old 01-23-09, 05:36 PM

Hey Sue, glad to see you're still posting here!! I was just thinking about you not too long ago. I've slowed up on my cd buying because I've now discovered the world of imported DVDs

how have you been? That's great that you're getting your Carola cds. You're going through amazon or right through their site? I know what you mean about ordering once a week. It gets addictive!!
Old 01-24-09, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by civiclx
Hey Sue, glad to see you're still posting here!! I was just thinking about you not too long ago. I've slowed up on my cd buying because I've now discovered the world of imported DVDs
Hey Mike! Aaaah, imported DVDs. I usually only buy DVDs that I can't buy here, i.e., the Carola concert from bengans.se. Most of the foreign DVDs that I pick up have to do with races like British and European touring car races or rally racing. I just placed an order the other night with sendit.com (UK) because they had a 24-hour 10% off code. I picked up the 2008 WTCC (World Touring Car Championship) season DVD as well as the 2-disc set of 2007-2008 A1GP racing. The A1GP set was ridiculously cheap compared to other sites.

What DVD player do you use for the foreign DVDs?

Originally Posted by civiclx
how have you been? That's great that you're getting your Carola cds. You're going through amazon or right through their site? I know what you mean about ordering once a week. It gets addictive!!
They make it too darn easy I've been hangin' in there. How're you? Things are slow now so I have more time to be online. I've been buying through Amazon, I haven't even checked out importcd's website.

Just today, I received (from Amazon US) ABBA the Scrapbook and Sinatra's Where Are You? (with the wonderful Autumn Leaves on it).