Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon third party and refunds

Old 12-29-08, 07:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Amazon third party and refunds

Hi, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right section but here goes.

I got an item through a third party seller on Amazon, unfortunately the disc was cracked when I received it. Luckily the seller was very helpful and offered a full refund.

My question is... How does this work exactly??? Once they enter in the refund does amazon notify me that I have "credit" in their account or do they refund back onto the card I paid?? Do they notify you at all even??

I've never had to have a refund so I was curious how I would know the seller actually did the refund and how long it would take so I could use said funds to re order the product.
Old 12-29-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the amazon seller must initiate the refund through amazon. amazon will refund however payment was made (ie if by credit card, it will go back to your card). prolly takes a couple of days.

if the seller may wants the disk back though (to make sure your situation is legit), this may of course take longer because of the return shipping.

hope that helps