Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Do I have any case with DD.com here?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay. I ordered RB2-360-SE from them last week. As some of you may know TRU had it for $110 so we went out and bought that with the idea of canceling the order on DD. When I visit my order status page the order is still and has been since I ordered it marked as BACKORDERED.

I just got a reply email from them telling me that they can't cancel the order because it is an "in-stock" item in the process of being shipped. I check my order status once again and low and behold it is still marked as backordered.

I love DD but I kind of think this is ridiculous. If it is truly in stock the status should have been changed that moment so I knew whether or not I could cancel it. The least they could do would be to cover the return shipping charges.

What do you all think?
Old 12-14-08, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their webpage is not always up to date and accurate as far as order status. Sometimes you can cancel via the phone but usually you can't cancel an order with DD I think.
Old 12-15-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, figured as much. Anyways, just talked to a CS rep and they said we can simply refuse the package. If we aren't home we can bring the package to the post office without opening it and refuse it there. Helpful lady. She said otherwise we'd have to pay the shipping charges to send it back to them.
Old 12-15-08, 04:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
The problem with refusing the package is that you are charged for the item, have to wait for it arrive, then refuse it and wait for it to again travel back to DD, and then wait for them to check it in to get your money back. All done without any tracking.