Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

K2DVD.COM - formerly DVDFROMKOREA?

Old 12-12-08, 05:12 AM

K2DVD.COM - formerly DVDFROMKOREA?

K2DVD.COM is a new DVDTALK banner advertisement. New name, but identical website layout. DVDFROMKOREA website has been down for a few weeks, so I imagine this is their new site. (They could have been bought out, I suppose)

I never had a problem with DVDFROMKOREA. Excellent service. Hopefully this will continue.
Old 12-13-08, 12:11 AM

No, K2DVD.com is a completely different company.

We try usually not to intervene in postings of the forum, but we feel different this time. As we received mails from ex-DFK-members these days, we put a notice in "Site Announcements" on our site today. To prevent further misunderstanding, we make a small notes here. We know that DFK was very successful and good with various items, but - as we heard - they closed their business since end of October even though their site was running til somewhere in November. And we are NOT DFK and we didn't buy their site. Simply, we are a completely different company, even though we know each other because we were working in the same market field. More or less, you may have further questions. Mail us. We will reply you as far as we know about this happening. Thank you (and sorry for you all who thought we were DFK).
Old 12-17-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't verify the claims, but I had the same question as you when I came across the banner and found this from another site:

Forget it they went bankrupt, the boss ran away with the money so they will not return, they just deleted the site becasue that way you cant access your account either [Wink] but what is funny is that they went bankrupt on Oct and they still collected the money of the Nov. orders!!!

Anyway im still buying from YesAsia which is my favorite store, or DVDAsia from time to time. I made an YesAsia order yesterday and its shipped already! I will stop buying from DVDHeaven because i have an order there with a friend since Nov. and it says "processing" but we've sent like 10 emails and they dont reply and we cant even cancel the order. I never liked their customer service since they never replied, but thats enough.

I also bought once from Sensasian and i was pleased but its not cheap either. Never bought from Play-Asia but i have some vouchers too. A lot of DFK customers are buying from www.k2dvd.com , a new store that uses the same web developer as DFK so thats why the site looks alike. And theyre nice.
The person is talking about DVDFromKorea.

Worst you could do is test K2dvd out by placing a cheap order and see how things proceed...

Last edited by visitor Q; 12-17-08 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-17-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I found a great store on eBay, WooriDVD, that has lots of Korean stuff, not everything but a good selection. They also have OOP LE's, they aren't cheap, but a lot are still sealed. I've placed one successful order with them, and plan to place another soon.
Old 12-19-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll second that nomination. I've placed 4 or 5 orders from WooriDVD (not as much as I'd like ) but I've had nothing but excellent service from Byun. I think it's the same operation as ParanDVD (a lot of the same titles and prices), also from eBay back in the day ..and I never had any problems with those guys either.

As zombeaner mentioned, Woori has a lot of OOP titles, some cheap, some not. I picked off Dasepo Naughty Girls far after it went out of print for $20 +shipping. It used to sell new at $35. Then again he's got Fighter in the Wind (Karate suit) and My Sassy Girl for well over $100, so it hit or miss ...
Old 12-19-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If you order multiple titles he is also friendly about negotiating shipping costs.
Old 12-20-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good point!
Old 12-22-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by visitor Q View Post
I'll second that nomination. I've placed 4 or 5 orders from WooriDVD (not as much as I'd like ) but I've had nothing but excellent service from Byun. I think it's the same operation as ParanDVD (a lot of the same titles and prices), also from eBay back in the day ..and I never had any problems with those guys either.

As zombeaner mentioned, Woori has a lot of OOP titles, some cheap, some not. I picked off Dasepo Naughty Girls far after it went out of print for $20 +shipping. It used to sell new at $35. Then again he's got Fighter in the Wind (Karate suit) and My Sassy Girl for well over $100, so it hit or miss ...
I ordered from ParanDVD a few times. good guy. I'll look at Woori, thanks for the info.
Old 02-02-09, 04:20 PM

Re: K2DVD.COM - formerly DVDFROMKOREA?

they are not the same company. Now I have been buying from Kimook.com and koreandramaclub.com

I normally buy deluxe version and US version only
Old 05-31-09, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: K2DVD.COM - formerly DVDFROMKOREA?

in their banner for DVDtalk it says to "Sing Up Now and get a 3% discount"