Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DD shipping

Old 12-01-08, 08:40 AM

DD shipping

I bought a few DVDs from deep discount during their fall 25% off sale on November 7th. I got an email saying the DVDs were shipped on November 8th. I still haven't received them. I ordered DVDs from them many times before and they usually arrived in a week or so. I tried emailing and calling them but the only answer I get is "We're sorry, but you will be getting your shipment shortly." If anyone here has had this long of a wait to get their shipment, is there anything I can do to speed things along? Will I get the DVDs eventually? Thanks for any help!

-Derek
Old 12-01-08, 12:24 PM

They won't do a thing until it is 30 days from the ship date, so give it another week. It usually take 3 weeks before I get something from DD. Media mail is the strangest thing, I get stuff from across the country in a few days sometimes, and other times media mail from 1 state away takes weeks.
Old 12-02-08, 02:32 PM

I have had movies from DD take over a month to reach me, and your experience isn't outside of the norm. Media Mail is horrible like that, the post office gets to it whenever they feel like it.

Plus if DD "shipped" it, it may just mean they placed it on a pallet in their warehouse that goes to the post office whenever it gets full.
Old 12-02-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just recently I sent a Media Mail package (book) to MA and it got there in 2 days -- I'm in TX.

DD shipments do vary, however. I once had two separate items shipped on the same day and reach me 1 week apart.
Old 12-02-08, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. Finally got my stuff today...