Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Manager REFUSED let me buy an item off the shelf. What the heck?!?!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: What should Best Buy do to remedy their mistake?
Give Sominex an apology and tell him to buy the item online
8.57%
Give Sominex a Gift Card as an "apology", and tell him to buy the item online
45.71%
Mail Sominex the item FREE of CHARGE and apologize for his troubles
14.29%
Nothing- The store did nothing wrong
40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Best Buy Manager REFUSED let me buy an item off the shelf. What the heck?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-08, 05:34 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sominex
"Blue-ray" IS the correct spelling LOL
I'd check Sony.com again: http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluray/
Old 11-08-08, 10:05 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

Or any e-tailer that sells, reviews, or promotes Blu-ray discs.
Old 11-09-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
That, or just grab another copy and go to a register. Then follow the direction quoted earlier from the site and ask for the difference in price within the return and exchange period aka from register to customer service section.

If they can't sell something, because they made a mistake, you shouldn't be rewarded because you wasted a bunch of time on something that couldn't have been changed, trying to change it.

At that point you've become the customer that retail workers hate because the only way to get you to go away is to re-enforce your negative behavior by caving in and rewarding you or just waiting for you to leave.

When I complain it's for real reasons, like when a clod at a grocery store backs into my 1 year old with those electric shopping carts. That's a reason to complain.

Also that. Best Buy is two words and Sony.com says you can't spell "Blu-ray" either.

Try RE-READING my posts to see what I was upset about. It's kinda frustrating when someone who doesn't agree with me makes something up to make me seem like the "customer that retail workers hate ". I didn't demand anything from Best Buy, nor did I expect anything above and beyond the price I was promised. When I posted the information about my conversation with Best Buy Corporate, I said just the apology went a long with me. Do you really believe being lied to or misinformed doesn't deserve an apology? If so, than you're obviously biased and anything you say has no merit

If you don't have anything even semi-constructive to say, why do you bother chiming in?

So in your eyes, I have no place being angry or upset at being lied to and/or misinformed by a Best Buy employee?

Lets use your logic and apply it to your sub-par parenting skills. I guess using your logic you have no "real reason" to complain about your 1 year old getting "backed into by a clod", b/c if you were watching your kid it wouldn't have happened.

Oh wait, I guess you are right though, you do have a "real issue". When you can't have the parenting skills to keep an eye on your 1 year old, you shouldn't be a parent. We'll reinforce your negative behavior by hitting you with the electric cart. Does that make sense?

No? Neither does you making things up, and venting your personal frustrations on some random Internet Poster (me) asking for help. Do you really have nothing better to do? (Apparently not) Good lord man... grow up.

Mods go ahead and close the thread.

It only take a few ignorant posters to remind me why it's worthless to come here asking for help or advice.

Last edited by Sominex; 11-09-08 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-09-08, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to reiterate the point...

Old 11-09-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by burnside986
Just to reiterate the point...

Totally correct! I was spell-checking everything and didn't even realize it was changing my "blu" to "blue". My bad for overlooking. And even MORE my bad for not realizing it.

But apparently this thread is no longer about my experience at Bestbuy, but more about people causing trouble. What a waste...

(not a dig at you burnside)
Old 11-09-08, 11:19 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Sominex
Lets use your logic and apply it to your sub-par parenting skills. I guess using your logic you have no "real reason" to complain about your 1 year old getting "backed into by a clod", b/c if you were watching your kid it wouldn't have happened.

Oh wait, I guess you are right though, you do have a "real issue". When you can't have the parenting skills to keep an eye on your 1 year old, you shouldn't be a parent. We'll reinforce your negative behavior by hitting you with the electric cart. Does that make sense?

No? Neither does you making things up, and venting your personal frustrations on some random Internet Poster (me) asking for help. Do you really have nothing better to do? (Apparently not) Good lord man... grow up.

Mods go ahead and close the thread.

It only take a few ignorant posters to remind me why it's worthless to come here asking for help or advice.
If you continue to attack people the way you did in the above quote for disagreeing with you, you won't have the opportunity to post anything here.